Cutdown Day...Responses?

kingwilly

What do you all think of Lewis cutting Dugans and Armour?

Dugan has been hurt. His reasoning is that he needs players who can play...now.

Makes sense but I hope this does not demoralize and otherwise positive swing to the changes Lewis has made to the philosophy and execution of his camp/team.

Armour got caught in a numbers game. There is alot of talent in the secondary, and it looks like Rogers Beckett will fight to start, not jst back-up Mark Roman.

Any other opinions out there?

well, as far as dugans goes, lewis must see something in walker that he likes better than dugans. plus with dugans being hurt, walker will be much more help to the bengals.

And also lewis has alot of CBs to choose from I just think that armour was the worst in lewis's eyes for the kind of defense he wants to run.

bengalfan943

lewis must see something in walker that he likes . plus dugans being hurt, walker will be much more help

armour was the worst in lewis's eyes for the defense he wants to run.

Well put bengalfan943 i could'nt have said it better myself :rolleyes:

Well it seems the big cuts have come....and on the List I can't say how relieved I am to see Reinard Wilson waived. Out with the old I say...A little surprised with Steve Foley going as well, but hey, he just didn't fit in with what Leslie Frazier was doing with the defense. Also it's good to see this regime not making the mistakes of the past like holding onto players just because they used a first day draft pick on them....See Foley, Wilson, Lamont Thompson, and Sean Brewer....Of course I don't know if I agree with Keeping Harris over Dorsch....Dorsch can boom some punts....

Whoa! I just read at Bengals.com that the Bengals released Neil Rackers and claimed Shayne Graham off of waivers. I am a little surprised by this move, but then I was even more suprised by Carolina releasing Graham. I think this proves even further that Mr Lewis is the one making decisions and not a certain Brown...

That was a HUGE surprise. Looking at Shayne Graham's stats he doesn't look any better that Rackers.

I've been hearing that Rackers may have been released due to an injury substained during the Colts game. I haven't read anything official on that though.

I hadn't heard about the injury...However Graham is money from 50 and beyond. Plus he knows the Special Teams Coach, so that helps. Rackers was okay, however he still showed a bit of inconsitancy in his medium range kicking. I will say I am a Shayne Graham fan though cause he's a hokie so I've seen what he can do for years now.