Kellen Winslow jr. take him or not...?

If KW jr. falls to 17 do you think we should take him..?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. If KW jr. falls to 17 do you think we should take him..?

• 1. Yes in a heart beat.
    • 2. Address other needs.
    • 3. use pick for Champ Bailey
    • 4. Doesn't matter he won't be there anyway

I like Schobel, but needs to do better at blocking. I completely disagree with having a rotational TE situation; you're giving away the play 99% of the time and in Brats offensive predictability, we can't afford that. If Schobel can dramatically improve his blocking, then I'm for sealing him up for a long time, but unconvinced as of right now. He does have great hands though and that is a bonus for a low tier guy.

I agree that he needs to improve and that the rotational TE thing is just a flag to show the D what you're doing (remember how they were lining Levi up at TE? Gee, wonder what they were gonna do...). I think Schobel can improve with effort, and his good hands ought to earn him some special attention from the coaching staff.

C'mon and think about it for a minute, there is no way we should spend what we spent on Palmer, just to have him hold the clipboard for someone else. Not at this point. Whoa...I feel a poll coming on, but maybe you should word it Josh. I'm not very neutral on this topic! 

Me neither Billy, I'm very pro-Kitna. I agree that Palmer should be given the go ahead to start, you are just so anti-Kitna, it's almost like you hate him for the stupid sack in the first half that made me just bury my head in my hands with shame, disappointment, embarrassment, Helplessism all over again, etc. But in reflection, after my emotions came to pass, I have to give credit where's it due and if Kitna wants to stay after all of the crap he's gone through the two years before, restructure his contract, live in West Chester (first time he's lived outside of Washington) and be the backup, hell lets do it. Are we going to find a better QB to back up Palmer than Kitna?

There's not too much wrong with the pass blocking either

Actually, his blocking is bad. How many times have the plays been to his side only for Rudi or Corey stretch it out and lose 2-3 yards. This is way we have Stewart and Kelly, both are needless wastes on this team for the amount of times we pass anyway.

WHERE ARE MY KITNA BOYS??

C'mon Josh!! You're the mod man around these parts. Start an unbiased poll. I'm not worthy.

Throw the ball Jon!! Throw the ball Jon!! Throw the ball Jon!! Oh, nevermind. You've been sacked. Again. Let go of the ball now Jon...the ref has to spot it so you can get to hold it all over again! Pretend it's a fumble. It might be easier for you to let it go!

What a perfect backup he'll make to Palmer! ;)

That made me laugh. :lol: That play HURT. I had to leave the room.

It seems that as long as Kitna is reminded before EVERY play that he is an average nfl qb he'd blunder less.

Maybe Richie or whoever is snapping the ball needs to say before each play:

"Jon, you are not Bret Favre, but you are capable of NOT losing this game."

Did anyone notice the numbers USC's qb had this year. It worries me about Palmer. I hope he wasn't a product of the system.

ATT CMP PCT YDS TDS INT

Matt Leinart 368 232 63.0 3229 35 9

:huh::blink::unsure:

I hope he wasn't a product of the system.

I do think it's an NFL style offense in the weakest major division 1-A conference.

With that said, Carson played against a much stronger schedule last season than that dude this year, so that's encouraging. Regardless, Carson will do alright. If he doesn't then, oh crap!