Top Ten Female Led Bands or Artists

In all the "Top Bands/Albums" lists that have been thrown out here so far for comment, NONE have so much as mentioned a female artist! Well as the official "Bengalszone Boobiemiester," I cannot let this pass. That's total BS. Women kick ass, and if you don't agree with that, you can take your little homo butt right on outta here! Here's my top ten:

#1: Linda Ronstadt - Heart Like A Wheel

#2: Carole King - Tapestry

#3: Heart - Dreamboat Annie

#4: Joni Mitchell - Court and Spark

#5: The Bangles - Different Light

#6: Madonna - Like a Virgin

#7: Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill

#8: Sheryl Crow - Tuesday Night Music Club

#9 Gwen Stefani/No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom

#10: Pink - M!ssundaztood

That's freakin' wrong, Billy...you can't have a list like that w/o Fleetwood Mac.

Here are female artists/bands that I like to listen to:

Carly Simon (!)

Fleetwood Mac

Trisha Yearwood

Patty Loveless

Annie Lennox

Sade

Basia

Evanescence

Alanis Morrisette

And for those that like harder music:

Kittie

Otep

Crisis

Lacuna Coil

My Ruin

And I know that alot of people really like them, but Heart freakin' sucks. I don't know of too many things in the world that suck more than Heart.

Bravo, skyline...the Cranberries and Mazzy Star are good stuff.

That's freakin' wrong, Billy...you can't have a list like that w/o Fleetwood Mac.

Carly Simon (!)

Fleetwood Mac

Trisha Yearwood

Patty Loveless

Annie Lennox

Sade

Basia

Evanescence

Alanis Morrisette

Kittie

Otep

Crisis

Lacuna Coil

My Ruin

And I know that alot of people really like them, but Heart freakin' sucks. I don't know of too many things in the world that suck more than Heart.

Fleetwood Mac was NOT female led. They had female stars, but their name was derived from Mick Fleetwood and John McVie. Pick 'em if you want, but Stevie Nicks is just a skanky coke whore.

Now Christine McVie, now there's a voice andclass!

mcvie20.jpg

Carly Simon (!)

Fleetwood Mac

Trisha Yearwood

Patty Loveless

Annie Lennox

Sade

Basia

Evanescence

Alanis Morrisette

Kittie

Otep

Crisis

Lacuna Coil

My Ruin

And I know that alot of people really like them, but Heart freakin' sucks.  I don't know of too many things in the world that suck more than Heart.

Fleetwood Mac was NOT female led. They had female stars, but their name was derived from Mick Fleetwood and John McVie. Pick 'em if you want, but Stevie Nicks is just a skanky coke whore.

Now Christine McVie, now there's a voice andclass!

mcvie20.jpg

I like Fleetwood Mac more for Lindsay Buckingham and Mick Fleetwood than for Christine McVie or Stevie Nicks...Buckingham and Fleetwood are horribly, horribly underrated musically.

Stevie Nicks has always sucked.

Definitely the Distillers - Brody has a voice rough enough to rip the cheese right off ya foreskin from 50 paces!

My list would also included, in no particular order:

Tilt

Suzanne Vega

Karen Carpenter

Girlschool

The Runaways

Suzie Quattro

Noosha Fox

Pink

Chaka Khan

But it would not include

Bjork

Eartha Kitt

Cleo Laine

Elton John (He loves the cock so in my world that makes him fall on the female side of the gender fence. Plus he's a c**t.)

none. 

no doubt sometimes...madonna isnt a band btw.

No s**t sherlock. She's an artist.

hmm...i think u added the "artist" part afterwards, but ill take the blame for not reading correctly.

best women artists

mariah carey is ok

rah digga is coo

eve is aight

missy elliott has some good songs

janet jackson has had some songs

none. 

no doubt sometimes...madonna isnt a band btw.

No s**t sherlock. She's an artist.

hmm...i think u added the "artist" part afterwards, but ill take the blame for not reading correctly.

best women artists

mariah carey is ok

rah digga is coo

eve is aight

missy elliott has some good songs

janet jackson has had some songs

I know you don't care for the "big" ladies, but in my book Queen Latifah has it all over head case Mariah Carey!

queenlatifah-bringingdownhouse.jpg

Well, I agree on Janis.

But you all deserve to have your butts tossed back on the chain gang for no mention of Chrissie Hynde & The Pretenders.

Elton? Suzanne Vega? Cher's got those babes right here.

No props for Loretta Lynn?

Abba is on freaking Broadway but they can't get on this list?

Don't show this thread to Cyndi Lauper or she'll have Captain Lou sic the Wild Samoans on you!

Paging Annie Lennox, I know you just won an Oscar, could you remind these guys what sweet dreams are made of?

Special mention has to go to the Divinyls (honey, you can touch yourself all you want) and Roxette (still waiting for my Joyride).

But what I absolutely, positively cannot believe is that you guys left out the greatest girl group of all time!!!

• 2 years later...

Okay...I was listening to a new artist tonight by the name of Lily Allen, and this ancient thread immediately came to mind. Is it just me, or other than country or rap is music a hard profession for a woman to break into!?!

A couple of names that I have not heard that I hate to admit I am starting to like are Avril Lavigne and Kelly Clarkson.

I told my wife the other day that my listening habits look as if I'm turning into a teenage girl. They are a long way from megadeath and AC/DC.