Rate The bengals draft this year.

losersaywha

Hey guys i was just wondering what you guys rate this years draft and why.

1. David Pollack

2. Odell Thurman

3. Chris Henry

4. Eric Ghiaciuc

5. Adam Kieft

6. Tab Perry

7. Jonathan Fanene

pollack_i.jpg

I gave it a A because we drafted some all around good players.

I'd give it a B, drafting Pollack and Thurman fills some major holes, and getting Chris Henry now gives the Bengals another deep threat.

I'd also give it a B. The first two picks are both blue chippers. Some people were high on other players besides Pollack, myself Erasmus James because of the way I saw him ravage my Buckeyes. But Pollack was the most decorated lineman in college and also played all four years so he's exempt from the one year flukes we've been plagued by in the past. Thanks Akili...the replica jersies hadn't even peeled by the time you sucked your way out of town... Thurman is a hard hitter and has a rapport with Pollack which could mean more than one might think when they're on the field next to each other eating quarterbacks. We bolstered our OL at the right time. We also picked up two lightning fast wide recievers, which I firmly have come to believe, you can teach alot of things to an athlete, speed is not among those. The only reason this draft wouldn't be an A is if they get knocked for not getting a D lineman or a Herring replacement. I think they had different plans, but nobody thought the draft's best middle LB would be hanging around, so they stuck to drafting the best player available. Most teams say that, they'd be dumb not to. At least we know Marvin means it. One more draft and we're in there like swimwear. 2 DT's and a safety. This next draft I think will be the most exciting yet. I also predict this will be the year WE trade up to get an impact player because we don't have as many needs. It all depends on what we do with locking up some free agents. Keep our own baby.

Hey guys i was just wondering what you guys rate this years draft and why.

1. David Pollack

2. Odell Thurman

3. Chris Henry

4. Eric Ghiaciuc

5. Adam Kieft

6. Tab Perry

7. Jonathan Fanene

pollack_i.jpg

I gave it a A because we drafted some all around good players.

Each of the first day picks was a great value/need pick.

Pollack provides us with a larger, faster linebacker than Kevin Hardy who has the attitude and intellect we need in a leader on the field. His desire is unmatched in the draft.

Thurman could be the best linebacker in the draft. Those aren't my words, but the words of so many analysts out there it isn't even funny. His downside is all off the field problems. WIth Marvin Lewis to mentor him, and his former team-mates in Pollack and Geathers there to befriend him, I can't help but see this as a great pick.

Chris Henry is one hell of a wide receiver. With Pdub questionable and Washington not being as good as we hoped last season, pulling the gun on another guy who could have been a first round pick but for some immaturity seems like a good idea. Chad Johnson had the same rap Henry does, and Marvin has helped him to mature over the last two years. With Chad and the other guys on the squad who have come up under Marvin recently, Henry has every opportunity to become a star.

Day 1 Grade: A+

On Day 2, we grabbed our depth on the line. Ghiaciuc and Kieft are good players who have some chemistry together. Ghiaciuc is a good center, and we knew going into the draft that we had no real choice but to get a center out of the draft. Not only did we get Eric, we also got potentially the best center in the draft after round 7 was over by picking up a guy who had an injury that cost him a LOT of money and dropped him from an early 1st round pick to a free agency gig. A smart man, he chose to sign with the Bengals, knowing Mike Brown's generosity to players and coaches who outperform their contracts, and knowing that next year we WILL have a new starting center. I still don't quite get the Tab Perry pick. He's a risk, but has potential. Fanene, being Mr. Irrevelant from this draft (as far as the Bengals are concerned) has a lot to prove.

Day 2 Grade: B

Overall Grade: A-

I'd also give it a B. The first two picks are both blue chippers. Some people were high on other players besides Pollack, myself Erasmus James because of the way I saw him ravage my Buckeyes. But Pollack was the most decorated lineman in college and also played all four years so he's exempt from the one year flukes we've been plagued by in the past. Thanks Akili...the replica jersies hadn't even peeled by the time you sucked your way out of town... Thurman is a hard hitter and has a rapport with Pollack which could mean more than one might think when they're on the field next to each other eating quarterbacks. We bolstered our OL at the right time. We also picked up two lightning fast wide recievers, which I firmly have come to believe, you can teach alot of things to an athlete, speed is not among those. The only reason this draft wouldn't be an A is if they get knocked for not getting a D lineman or a Herring replacement. I think they had different plans, but nobody thought the draft's best middle LB would be hanging around, so they stuck to drafting the best player available. Most teams say that, they'd be dumb not to. At least we know Marvin means it. One more draft and we're in there like swimwear. 2 DT's and a safety. This next draft I think will be the most exciting yet. I also predict this will be the year WE trade up to get an impact player because we don't have as many needs. It all depends on what we do with locking up some free agents. Keep our own baby.

I woulden't give them a B for not drafting a safty or D-linemen,

The SS we wanted was gone and if we did get him we woulden't have gotten pollack,

Well we did get a Dlinemen just in the 7th round but he wasen't at the combine or at a big school it's very possible for him to be a sleeper :P I'd rather see D-linemen drafted in the 1st round next year (ngata please) then if possible a good SS in the 2nd.

you cant really rate it till 3 years down the road. just remember last year, when all of bengal nation was in an uproar over everyone drafted btw i havent seen chrisgrova (i think thats it) around for a while maybe he switched names and i missed it just thinking

Not only did we get Eric, we also got potentially the best center in the draft after round 7 was over by picking up a guy who had an injury that cost him a LOT of money and dropped him from an early 1st round pick to a free agency gig.

:lol::lol::lol:

One of the funniest things ive read on this site in a long time. Its so wrong on so many levels, that i can do nothing more then laugh. The mere thought of ANY center going 'early in the first round', the thought of THAT center going anywhere in the first round. The funniest part though was that you think 1 injury that was easily proven to be nothing by the bengals world class medical staff dropped a player from the early first round all the way out of the draft. Stop being foolish, he was a 5th rounder at best before the injury. Without an injury at all, id probly take a 6th on him if i had a need at center, no higher, hes just not very good.

This was an A plus. Why? Because we are seeing the results now and hine site is twenty twenty.

1. Pollak fell to us because he would have to change position the change has been so smooth that local reporters cant get a head line or a qoute from Marvin. All Marvin says that its not that difficult. So alot teams might have passed on this guy for that reason. He is getting rave reveiws for his pass coverage.

When we drafted him we got really lucky that he was there. He was the last impact defender on the board. I had him going in the top ten.

2. Odell the best Lb in the draft, this guy fell because of what I thought was a character plus. His parents died the guy goes to University,plays football , and raises his siblings. I have known people that have been in similar situations and for how he has recovered and gone on with his life is impressive its not a negative.

3. Henry fell because of on and off the feild issues or he would have been a top ten pick. I liked Marvins response to a reporter when he asked about Henry flipping a fan off. Marvin said it was because he was hit in the head with a beer bottle. His off the field issues cost this guy mad cash. He apears to have learned his lesson. At first I thought this guy wouldnt get on the field this year. Then he hit camps and has impressed so much that he is a battle for the third wr spot.

Then you add a kick returner who flunked out. a couple of steinbach clones for depth.

Our scouting staff has done there home work and are turning into one of the best scouting staffs in the leauge.IMHO

One of the funniest things ive read on this site in a long time. Its so wrong on so many levels, that i can do nothing more then laugh. The mere thought of ANY center going 'early in the first round', the thought of THAT center going anywhere in the first round. The funniest part though was that you think 1 injury that was easily proven to be nothing by the bengals world class medical staff dropped a player from the early first round all the way out of the draft. Stop being foolish, he was a 5th rounder at best before the injury. Without an injury at all, id probly take a 6th on him if i had a need at center, no higher, hes just not very good.

I think your reply to his half-ignorant post was even worse. Wilkerson was the #1 center before his injury and Spencer of Ole Miss went in either the 2nd or 3rd (I can't remember). Saying you'd take him in the 6th round is straight up idiotic.

I wouldn't say Henry was a first round talent.

Most sites did in fact have Henry rated as a 1st round talent.

If fact at lease one site said that he had as much talent as any WR in the draft.

It was off the feild issues that dropped him down.

Diden't raiders get 1st/2nd round talent in the 5th because he liked the greenstuff like jditty

PS,wasen't odell the 2nd best LB in the draft? 1st going to KC

Anttaj Hawthorne? :lol::lol:

He went in the 6th, and it wasnt just because of the weed thing. Fan sites had him highly overrated leading up to the draft. Thats why you cant trust fan sites fully. I had him as a 4th round pick value. The weed thing just made a bad player look worse. You guys are too quick to say that 1 thing caused a 5-6 round fall. Something like a non major injury, bad workout, or drug test failure is enough to drop someone a round or 2, nothing more.

Oh and just a little comment about Derrick Johnson, to futher show how im right most of the time. Most websites and fans had him as a high first round pick, even top 5 at times, but not me, i always argued that he was a mid first rounder, and i was exactly right.

What type of problems will henry bring. I thought henry was an awesome selection, Along with David and odell

He's got a lot of talent, but he's incredibly immature. Keep your expectations low for him; as impulsive as he is I think its more likely he goes to prison than makes a Pro Bowl.

If fact at lease one site said that he had as much talent as any WR in the draft.

Thats not true. Most reasonable mocks had him in the 3rd, maybe 2nd round. Still a sound pick, he's about as good as you're going to find in the 3rd round, but lets not get carried away here. This isn't Randy Moss we're talking about. ^_^

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a tool...sometimes it just happens :D

Thats not true. Most reasonable mocks had him in the 3rd, maybe 2nd round. Still a sound pick, he's about as good as you're going to find in the 3rd round, but lets not get carried away here. This isn't Randy Moss we're talking about. ^_^

Actually, many MANY called him a first round talent. The mocks correctly forsaw that the character/intelligence issues would drop him a round or two. Which it did. But it doesn't mean that he does not possess first round talent. He apparently does. The game is now to see if ML and company can tap that talent while he grows up a bit. So far so good. Better than this first round talent/first round drafted teammate Pacman Jones anyway...

Diden't raiders get 1st/2nd round talent in the 5th because he liked the greenstuff like jditty

PS,wasen't odell the 2nd best LB in the draft? 1st going to KC

Anttaj Hawthorne? :lol::lol:

He went in the 6th, and it wasnt just because of the weed thing. Fan sites had him highly overrated leading up to the draft. Thats why you cant trust fan sites fully. I had him as a 4th round pick value. The weed thing just made a bad player look worse. You guys are too quick to say that 1 thing caused a 5-6 round fall. Something like a non major injury, bad workout, or drug test failure is enough to drop someone a round or 2, nothing more.

Oh and just a little comment about Derrick Johnson, to futher show how im right most of the time. Most websites and fans had him as a high first round pick, even top 5 at times, but not me, i always argued that he was a mid first rounder, and i was exactly right.

Derrickjohnson was a top 5 talent in the draft its just that coaches don't usally invest top picks in linebackers because a lot coaches don't thinks its as importanr as CB or DE . in the days leading up to the draft i was worried that the browns might take so i really was on there site alot i remeber crennel saying with that high a pick shouldn't be used on a LB because he won't make an impact ever play

but he said that corners cover and make an impact ever play or a DE will rush the QB and make an impact everplay. but i think thats stupide look at all the top defense's in the league they all have a probowl caliber linebacker. i've said it before and i'll say it again linebacker is the most importan part of the D.

btw johnson was the only pure linebacker taken in the first round, he was widely considered the best linebacker prospect since levar arrington

And how will he end up in jail because he flipped off a fan who hit him with a bottle?

or because he argued with his coachs because his QB coulden't throw a ball? He's been quiet and just doing his job sense he's got here I think marvin alrdy has put stamp on this kid.