Top 10 Favorite Current Bengals Players

Frankly, I'll wait and see like everyone else does, but I'm not sure how anyone could read tea leaves like the above and come to the conclusion that Perry's rehab is on schedule.

I don't think it's on schedule -- and I think the reason it's off schedule is because of the second surgery. Which, again, if what I've been told about standard procedure in cases like Perry's is true, ought to have been done at the same time as the first one. But it apparently wasn't, for reasons unknown.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Big Willie - Ultimate TEAM player.

2. Kit - Showing the rest of the TEAM that IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT HIM!

3. Rudi - A surprise to me as I did this list, but his TEAM FIRST ATTITUDE moved him up considerably.

4. Richie - Keeps coming back to the TEAM to make them better. Will lay it on the line to mentor the two rookies, and if they get his TEAM attitude our interior line will be solid for years to come.

5. Simmons - We seem to forget that Mikey approached Takeo first for an extension which he turned down. Simmons took the deal to stick with the TEAM long term and to see it turn around. Takeo was more concerned with HIS noteriety and pro-bowl appearences. (Man, would I love for the Bengals to clinch a playoff appearence on December 24 this year!!!)

6.( a & b ) Myles/Walter - Love the guys who give it up on TEAMs.

7.( a & b ) Levi/Steinbach - Down and dirty guys who aren't afraid to get dirty.

8. Justin - Down and dirty on D.

9. Madieu - Looking like the most talented player on D and will give Ed Reed a run soon.

10. Chad - No list is complete without him.

3. Rudi - A surprise to me as I did this list, but his TEAM FIRST ATTITUDE moved him up considerably.

“We’ll see what happens,” Johnson said a day after he served as the AFC’s leading rusher with 33 yards on six carries in the 38-27 win over the NFC. “I’m going to stand by what I said. We’ll just see what can get done in the next couple of days.”

Johnson has said he’ll sit out the season if given the one-year tags of either the franchise or the transition. By tendering Johnson a one-year franchise deal for $6.3 million by Feb. 22, a team would have to give the Bengals two first-round draft picks to sign him. No franchised player since the mid-1990s has sat out a season.

Sounds like a team player to me!

I don't think it's on schedule -- and I think the reason it's off schedule is because of the second surgery. Which, again, if what I've been told about standard procedure in cases like Perry's is true, ought to have been done at the same time as the first one. But it apparently wasn't, for reasons unknown.

All true, but the reasons for him still being dinged do little but muddy the water.

Until further notice he can't be counted on.

Thus, pimping him is pointless.

And calling him a fan favorite is pie-eyed stupid.

Never mind those who would attempt to belittle the team record holder just to make a fragile as a soap bubble player like Perry appear to have real worth.

He doesn't.

Sheesh, at least guys like Kevin Walter actually have a role to play that isn't dictated first and foremost by a better player being hurt.

Fan favorite?

What's not to like about Jumpy Jr. ? :wacko: The guy has a knack for big guys.

Anyone who bothered to notice might have seen his athletic TD INT vs. Eagles, the perfectly timed sack/forced fumble vs. Dallas, or the tipped pass that led to an INT vs. Buffalo.

What's more, Jumpy Jr. is excellent on contain vs. outside runs. He doesn't overpursue and he keeps his feet and balance when blocked.

Plus the fact that he was early draft entry who actually did something, unlike Askew, sure makes him a candidate to be among the list of favorite Bengals.

The starting job battle between him and Big Duane this pre-season should make both of them better for the season.

I never said I didn't like Geathers. In fact, just the opposite. He is in my top 10. I was merely pointing out that anyone we like is based primarily on potential. Everyone thinks Carson Palmer is going to be great this year (including me), but it is based entirely on his last 6 games, that were merely better than his previous 7. Anyone who like Carson Palmer, likes his potential.

In the same way, we see a lot of potential from Geathers, but I don't see how his success in limited action is any less "potential" than David Pollack's, since he was a first round pick, and the only thing any Georgia fans can tell us about him, is that he's the best football player they've ever seen. No one said that about Geathers.

That is my only point. So I like Geathers, but mostly because I like his potential.

I see what you're saying Shankster. :rolleyes:

And the potential angle can be taken at different levels. From the high expectations based on college success like Pollack and the promise that Jumpy Jr. showed in half a NFL season to the progress CP made towward the Top 5 at his position and the chance Chad has at being the best in the NFL at WR.

Favorites will be favorites from whatever angle.

Which is why my favorites right now will be those who have the most to prove in preseason just to get a chance to stick.

1. Derrick Crawford

2. Larry Stevens

3. Shaun Smith

4. Jeremiah Cockheran

5. Kevin Walter

6. Ronnie Ghent

7. Casey Bramlet

8. Elton Patterson

9. Scott Kooistra

10. Brandon Williams

You know what I like about Satan? I can read his posts without my glasses.

People may say that Satan is all bad, but I see him right here looking out for the old people...or heavily inebriated.

Still not much more love for Kyle Larson our rookie punter last season.

No doubt. His play for a rookie -- an undrafted rookie at that -- was crucial all year. IIRC the only punt he had blocked was vs. Bills and that had nothing to do with him.

Larson did get some spotlight on the 2004 Bengals highlight show on the Network. Well deserved it was.

“We’ll see what happens,” Johnson said a day after he served as the AFC’s leading rusher with 33 yards on six carries in the 38-27 win over the NFC. “I’m going to stand by what I said. We’ll just see what can get done in the next couple of days.”

Johnson has said he’ll sit out the season if given the one-year tags of either the franchise or the transition. By tendering Johnson a one-year franchise deal for $6.3 million by Feb. 22, a team would have to give the Bengals two first-round draft picks to sign him. No franchised player since the mid-1990s has sat out a season.

Point taken. Yet he later retracted and signed the franchise tag. I do understand the players not liking the tag cuz it restricts their movement and prolongs that "I don't know where I'll be next year" feeling. What we read above was his initial (over)reaction. My feeling is, once under contract (and he is now), he will do whatever is necessary for the team to win.

What we read above was his initial (over)reaction.

Since when do we call it an overreaction when an unsigned player states..."We'll see what happens."

I don't get it. The same fugtard now claiming that Rudi is only interested in money based almost entirely upon the above remark is the same clown who immediately forgave Chris Perry for his rookie holdout. Not that I gave a crap about Perry's holdout, but aren't we talking about a blatant double standard here? One that shatters the very credibility of DPM's entire Dillon/Perry/Rudi rant.

Think about it. Perry holds out before getting hurt...does nothing...yet he's a Pushy favorite. Dillon routinely blasts the team in the media over money matters for several years....then threatens to sit out the first 10 weeks of a season rather than play under the 1-year tender....then signs with the Bengals when the money is right....and then attempts to talk his way off the team by being a malcontented asshat. Yet he's propped up by Pushy as a player interested only in winning. Meanwhile, when Rudi attempts to get a new contract he reacts to the Bengals moves by saying..."wait and see what happens"...yet he's tagged by Pushy as a money grubber who doesn't care about winning.

Please.

People, I'm not suggesting that we ignore Pushy since it's obvious how much he wants attention. Make fun of the guy. He's begging for it. It's fun. But let's all stop treating DPM's Rudi rants with any level of respect because they simply don't deserve it.

that's called negotiation smart guy!

notice how he both signed the tag and then signed a deal for less money than Lamont Jordan, a rb that never started a game, just signed a week or two earlier. he also never actually held out of anything, unlike your "favorite player". :rolleyes:

notice how he both signed the tag and then signed a deal for less money than Lamont Jordan, a rb that never started a game, just signed a week or two earlier. he also never actually held out of anything, unlike your "favorite player". :rolleyes:

Of coarse he signed it, he didnt say he wouldnt sign it, he did though say that he wouldnt PLAY on that 1 year deal.

And Lamont Jordan got more money than him because he is a better player. Simple as that, RJ knew it, his agent knew it, everyone in the NFL knew it, except bengal fans.

Still not much more love for Kyle Larson our rookie punter last season.

No doubt. His play for a rookie -- an undrafted rookie at that -- was crucial all year. IIRC the only punt he had blocked was vs. Bills and that had nothing to do with him.

Larson did get some spotlight on the 2004 Bengals highlight show on the Network. Well deserved it was.

Kyle Larson also had the highest yards per carry average (minimum one attempt) with 11 yards a pop! :P I still remember his carry for a touchdown on a fake field goal in the New England game.

Oh, punting? Yeah, he was pretty good at that too.

Of coarse he signed it, he didnt say he wouldnt sign it, he did though say that he wouldnt PLAY on that 1 year deal.

And Lamont Jordan got more money than him because he is a better player. Simple as that, RJ knew it, his agent knew it, everyone in the NFL knew it, except bengal fans.

-----> :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: <-----

yea, it had nothing to do with it being the Raiders...

sometimes I wonder if you actually believe this stuff or if you just try to be that guy on the board to stir things up....

-----> :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: <-----

yea, it had nothing to do with it being the Raiders...

sometimes I wonder if you actually believe this stuff or if you just try to be that guy on the board to stir things up....

The NFL pays for potential more than production on first deals (within reason, im adding this to avoid people bringing up players who clearly didnt live up to potential or stuff like that). Jordan has had 0 chances to start, hes been behind one of the better and most consistant RBs in the league for years, who is very durable. But in what limited time you saw of him, you could tell he was a complete RB, and a player who can carry his team. He hasnt had the chance to carry the ball 364 times and crawl across the finish to get his teams rushing record. He is everything RJ is, plus receiving skills and speed. I gaurentee, barring injury, he has more total yards this year than RJ.

And no, i dont say this still to be 'that guy.' I believe everything i say. Just because you dont agree with me doesnt mean im the guy who wants to stir things up. I speak my mind, more posters here should. In fact, i gaurentee at least 50% of the posters here agree with me on almost everything I say, but dont want to say it.

In fact, i gaurentee at least 50% of the posters here agree with me on almost everything I say, but dont want to say it.

Hmmm. I don't agree with your claimed levels of agreement. Since most members here don't care for Corey Dillon, and you do, wouldn't you agree that logically that number would be less than 50%? :P

One more thing...Please Big Orange...FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAN, do not utter the name Orca, er...I mean Oprah here ever again! **shiver-shiver** Ugh. :(

I'm a big fan of Oprah. I went to school with her...we kinda fooled around in college one rainy afternoon...it was just the kinda stuff crazy college kids do. She liked the rough stuff...a year later she did "The Color Purple" and the rest is history.*

*all of the above is a load of crap

I did go to preschool with Ken Griffey Jr. though.

I love the whole entire team but my top ten are

1 :player: .palmer

2 :player: willie anderson

3. :player: j smith

4 :player: delta o'niel

5 :player: tory james

6 :player: webster even though he didn't play much

7 :player: chad johnson

8 :player: rudi johnson

9 :player: Madieu Williams

10 :player: T.J. Houshmandzadeh