Is Chris Perry a woman?

HairOnFire

Recently Marvin Lewis gave an update on Chris Perry's condition. During that update Marvin did everything possible to paint Chris Perry as a real football player and not as the fragile afterthought that fans, sportwriters, and fate seem to think he is. Once again Lewis reminded those who had forgotten about Perry not to forget about Perry....though he offered no compelling reason for doing so other than to point out that Perry COULD be good enough to start if every other RB on the team dies. (Of course, I'm paraphrasing.)

What interests me enough to start this incredibly thought provoking thread is the fact that during the update Marvin mentioned, for about the 4th or 5th time now, that Chris Perry is working hard on his rehab, remains confident, is encouraged by his coaches, and is troubled only by some of the things that he reads and hears from Bengal fans. All of which begs the question....

"Why is Chris Perry the slightest bit concerned about what fans like us think about him? Doesn't he think it's natural for fans to be disappointed in a 1st round pick who does NOTHING worth mentioning? Does he think it odd for fans to worry and speculate about his repeated injuries? And if all of these things are normal, why does Chris Perry have such a bad case of rabbit ears that it repeatedly prompts his head coach to attempt defending him to a less than hostile local press? In a nutshell, how big a p***y is Chris Perry and can his woman-like behavior be cured by forcing him to drink lots of cranberry juice?"

IF Im not mistaken it was the bengals doctors that misdiagnosed him and thus causing the problem. When a sports hernia happens its normal that it develops on both sides. Instead of repairing both sides of the abdomen they only fixed one. so what happens the other one flares. If my info is correct this guy has gotten the shaft from our team doctors.

For the purpose of this post I'm not at all concerned with the sports hernia, my little spanish peanut. No, I'm talking about the case of emotional rabbit ears that Chris Perry seems to have developed. Do Marvin's comments imply that Chris Perry might be too sensitive for a career in the NFL?

Might it mean that unless Perry is coddled like an infant, or a wideout, that he busts outright like the way-too-sensitive Tim Couch did? Remember, Tim Couch cried openly, and lost the respect of his teammates, because of the personal insults he heard from the stands. Is the far too fragile demeanor of Chris Perry any different?

How is Perry reacting to posts like this one? Does he cringe whenever he hears the nicknames of 2-Carry Perry, Crystal Perry, or claims that he's the next Ki-Jana Carter? Va-gina Perry?

Frankly, I'm worried about Perry's puss-factorability. A few seasons of being a raging disappointment is said to wear on past 1st round picks who end up sucking. Many react by going mental. After a few more seasons of being little more than a worthless afterthought, does Chris Perry conclude that his own mediocre skills aren't enough to offset the disappointment that comes when production fails to meet expectations?

Or in a stroke of good luck is the Chris Perry example going to play out somehow different because none of us no longer have any great expectations of Perry?

i don't think he needs cranberry juice, really dude...

i haven't heard c. perry say anything to the media about all the talk concerning him. i think marvin might be expressively frustrated with all the pessimism about cp. marvin has made it clear that he think perry's a very talented guy and this town boasts next-to-no positivity about the guy. the day perry speaks to the media about how nobody likes him is the day i will say pass the ocean spray.

Oh my Hair, aren't we snap, snap, snappy over 2-carry Perry. :lol:

I do believe that Grandmaster Flush has finally got your goat. :(

I'm no Chris Perry fan, per se. I didn't like burning a 1st rounder on him or any of the RBs in the 2004 class when servicable backs like Medewle Moore or Michael Turner could of been had on Day 2. I didn't think Perry should have been picked in the 1st 2 rds of the draft based upon what I saw of him in college and I do question how he is handling his injury.

However, Perry carried way too much at the end of pre-season last year and I don't doubt that the excessive carries had either something to do with causing his injury or at the very least aggravated it.

The perspective I'm keeping in the Bengals RB sitchiation this year is one of plenty. If Perry don't do squat this year, that's fine because Kenny Watson will. With multiple years remaining on his contract, Perry can do like Larry Johnson as far as I'm concerned and not do squat for almost 3 years even if Marvin comes out and says Perry needs to get out of diapers the way Vermiel said about Johnson.

If Perry proves utterly worthless and has a very short NFL career, oh well....On to the next pick. Perry just is not the total buzzkill that Akili or Klinger or Kijana were.

If Perry proves utterly worthless and has a very short NFL career, oh well....On to the next pick. Perry just is not the total buzzkill that Akili or Klinger or Kijana were.

If Perry isn't the buzzkill that Klingler, Ki-Jana, and Akili were it's only because those players had to succeed or this team had no chance of becoming a playoff contender. This team has Rudi.

Or to put it better, thinking about Chris Perry isn't a buzzkill for most Bengal fans because when you get down to it......he's an afterthought.

I know this is gonna seem weird, but let me come to Mr. Perry's defense. (Somebody get Joisey a drink & make it stiff. I think he likes Scotch)

Ol' "2 Carry" had a FANTASTIC career at Michigan. Just squint your eyes real hard, use your imagination, and you can almost see him doing this same thing in black and orange.

pu_fo_mich04.jpg

Aw screw this. I know most of you guys here too well. You wear your imaginations out looking at women all day. Let me make it a bit easier for you:

chrisperry.jpg

BTW: Does anyone see who has the Colts #91 locked up in a block on that pic? It's #82. Reggie Kelly. Throwing a block per the called play.

My point? Get off the Bengals tight ends backs!! These guy's are good. I Know it, Marvin knows it, and that's why we didn't draft highly there.

Let the QB mature and the TE position will come into it's own! If it's the same time ol' "2 Carry Perry" comes into his own, Cincinnati going to Detroit will be a lock. :player:

The perspective I'm keeping in the Bengals RB sitchiation this year is one of plenty. If Perry don't do squat this year, that's fine because Kenny Watson will. With multiple years remaining on his contract, Perry can do like Larry Johnson as far as I'm concerned and not do squat for almost 3 years...

Yeah, that's exactly the way I usually think about it. On good days. Granted, coming to this very message board can sometimes be enough to change my opinion about Perry.

What can I say? It happens in an instant. (And for my own amusement.)

Granted, coming to this very message board can sometimes be enough to change my opinion about Perry.

What can I say? It happens in an instant. (And for my own amusement.)

Ain't that the truth...I'm one bad rumor for being so over Duane Clemmons, Kelly (Barbie's little sister) Washington, Chris Perry, all of our TE's, Casey Bramlet, and...well, that's about it. These guys are on my favorability bubble. Feel free to take a swipe at any of them and let them pop in my heart.

Notice, Pushy, Rudi ain't on the list so don't even try.

Anybody I missed?

Stop with the woman stuff. We are tougher than you all.

So why can't you fix your avatar? How tough is that? Oh wait...that doesn't involve pain.

I'm kidding not-another...just looking for an image update. Yes, I'm that shallow and I'm changing my name to "Hal."shallow_hal_150.jpg

Who's panties are these anyway!?!

Maybe Perry's retort should be "To hell with all the fans. I dont give a damn about them anyway!"...

I haven't read anything about Perry sulking because he's not liked due to his injuries... he seems to have taken a positive approach to it all and is working hard to get on the field..

What do you want him to do..wave a magic wand and have it all go away..Im sure he wishes it was that easy..

It amuses me to no end all the Perry bashing that takes place...He didn't ASKED to be drafted by the Bengals with their first pick..

Im hoping he'll get healthy and contribute in whatever scheme Brat devises for him. He is a BENGAL after all....

The best part about this thread is that it doesn't matter. When was the last time we could say that our 1st round pick being a bust doesn't matter? I remember after Blake came on the scene, all we needed was a running back and the Bengals would be unstoppable. I still remember coming home from work and seeing the ESPN scroll that KiJana was out for the season. Heart broken. We now have depth and aren't just relying on 1 guy to save us. (Except for Marvin). I hope he does come back and is the next Priest Holmes, but we got some quality guys last year, and whether we have him or not. We are going to the playoffs.

The best part about this thread is that it doesn't matter.

Exactly. More specifically the best part of this thread is the room it gave me for venting after I had stumbled upon some undeserved Rudi bashing. As in all things, it's all about balance.

Last, I loved where this thread ended up because it included a rare photo of Bengal Perry in action. That was proof that Perry can remain upright long enough to be photographed....a was a much needed as a reminder of his potential as a football player. Most importantly, to the best of my knowledge, the photgraph of Perry playing for the Bengals doesn't seem to have been doctored or faked. Indeed, I believe it actually exists.

(((Heavy Sigh)))

Once perry is able to proove himself everyone will be on his nuts about how much they love him& how awesome he is o_O Don't forget Rudi Johnson and TJhouch alot of people were ready to kick them out too.

"Exactly. More specifically the best part of this thread is the room it gave me for venting after I had stumbled upon some undeserved Rudi bashing. As in all things, it's all about balance."

Your no worse then DPM or the other rudi bashers,what did rudi do for us his rookie year? what did he do for us his soph year? why not see what perry can do before you hate on him.

I hope Perry pans out, and shows us why he was a #1 pick. At one point in time I was in constant defense of him... and probably rightly so, because he's had an injury. But at this point, he has been on the shelf for far longer than a hernia injury should take to return from

Maybe he was jobbed by a doctor... even still, it's not reassuring.

At this point, I don't mind if he doesn't end up being the best, because we still have Rudi, Watson seems to be an adequate back-up, assuming Rudi continues to hold up. Perry would be a very nice addition, but I think Carson will survive without a receving RB.

And we should all remember that we also got Deltha Oneil by trading down a few spots. So let's pretend that Oneil was actually our 1st rounder, because I've heard he's the best athlete on our team.

marvin's quotes about Sherry were among the dumbest things he's ever said. The best was when he said something about Chris Perry doing great things last year before he got hurt. Uh, where? In his 2 carries as a Bengal? I guess Marvin forgot that doing great things in practice mean absolutely nothing. I'm guessing Marvin just said something to keep the heat off of Perry's back, knowing that most fans would be too stupid to pick up on the absurdity of what he had said. He was correct. :lol:

just read this Marvin Lewis quote from http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/sports/c...620Bengals.html

"He’s chomping at the bit, but these (injured) guys have to earn their way back onto the field."

Not exactly a ringing endorsement that he thinks Perry is ready to take over for Rudi. HairOnFire... your opinions are a bit on the extreme side, but I'd have to lean more your way than DPM's.

I think Perry can be great like he was in Michigan, but these injuries have screwed him so far. That's not to say he can't return from them, but we've seen other tremendous talents not pan out due to injuries plaguing their careers (I hate you Ken Griffey Jr. for murdering the hope that at one time lived inside of me).

I know, I know, he's only been hurt one year... but he's still not running yet, and is showing no signs of being ready to take an NFL pounding.