Road Course time!!

TonyFan20

Anyone else looking foward to this weekends race?? I love road racing. Seperats the men from the boys. I think the race is going to come down to Tony and Jeff. Which should get intresting if Jeff is right behind Tony. Robby Gordon could be a factor as well as long as his engine can last.

Anyone else looking foward to this weekends race?? I love road racing. Seperats the men from the boys. I think the race is going to come down to Tony and Jeff. Which should get intresting if Jeff is right behind Tony. Robby Gordon could be a factor as well as long as his engine can last.

Do not rule out Ricky Rudd! Or Boris Said or Scott Pruett for that matter.

And I'd like to see Nascar have about 2 more road race dates at least.

Not a road course fan myself -- more boring, IMHO. (I'll get into that if you want later).

Tony and Jeff won the road courses last season, right? I think those two are the obvious choice to win. I think Jeff leads all drivers with laps led on road courses too. Robby, god I hate him, shouldn't lose an engine this week because I don't believe the RPMs will be as high here -- plus Menards engine program has improved lately.

NASCAR should get out of the road course game, or do more with it (put it in the chase too!). These two races a year, out of 36, is kinda stupid. You take regular drivers out of their seat (i.e. Jason Leffler, Hamilton Jr.) because they can't do it. Why can't they do it? Because they're trained to drive on super-speedways and NASCAR was built around super-speedways. Then you have teams with cars specifically designed and built for these types of races. Take a million dollar car for two races a year. Not really fiscally helpful for racing teams not apart of the big owners (Roush, RYR, RCR, Hendricks, JGR, MB2, etc).

Truly they need about 1 more road course a year on the schedule. Most fans dont like them because they dont understand the skill involved. Rudd, Wallace, Stewart, and the Gordons, are the best regs on road courses. I think i will throw a name out not sure if he has run many roadcourses, but found out this week is left foot braker so shouldn't hurt , Carl Edwards. Used to if you couldn't run well on the road courses you couldn't win the cup. Earnhardt and Petty both had road wins, proububly Waltrip to. Those who dont like road courses dont appreciate the skill involved or how sweet it is to see an expert like Fellows whip that big car precisely around corners gaining time each turn. Interesting stuff if you get into it.

Jeff Gordon really drove the freakin' wheels off his car and grabbed the pole and broke the track record to boot! Looks like I picked the right week to start him in my fantasy Nascar league!

BTW, I thought this fantasy Nascar would be kinda so-so, but it's actually alot of fun! Not quite as fun as fantasy Football, but is close. There's so much more going on all weekend with that!

Stewart was fastest in Happy Hour with Robby Gordon 2nd. Surprise of Happy HOur was Dale Jr by FAR!! 4th quickest. Maybe the 8 team will start rolling again this weekend. Jeff Gordon was 5th fastest.

Dale Jr. can run a road course. That's how he got his legs burned last year when he wrecked that Corvette while practicing. If he has a good run this weekend, he just may turn it around enough to make the chase...MAYBE!

Stewart was fastest in Happy Hour with Robby Gordon 2nd. Surprise of Happy HOur was Dale Jr by FAR!! 4th quickest. Maybe the 8 team will start rolling again this weekend. Jeff Gordon was 5th fastest.

:lol: You gotta be happy dude! I know I am! He picked me up MAJOR points in my fantasy Nascar league!

Well,that sure didn't take Junior long.

:lol: You beat me to it Sox!! I honestly feel bad for him. That sucked! He's done as far as the chase. If DEI puts a car in, Micheal will be the driver. Incredible!

Yeah,it did.

But that was typical of his season so far.According to DW,it was in a blind spot where his spotter couldn't warn him.Maybe,but in a straightaway and clear,and with no reason to move around,why did he move towards the outside wall?It seemed like the other driver did everything he possibly could to avoid him.

I still don't count him or Jeff Gordon out of the chase though...they only need to get within 400 points...then it's a do-over.

haha yeah i guess you can say im just a little bit happy. ;) I actually did not get to watch the race. I had somthing come up so i had to tape it. Watched it last night and wow. That pass he made with one hand was awesome!!On to Daytona where hopefully he can keep the momentum up.