NBA Playoffs

Kirkendall

Detroit fans had better enjoy this win because you're only going to win one more game this season. Spurs in six. B)

Not so fast there Homer. :wacko:

It looked like the Pistons weren't wasting their fouls last night. Ginobli and Parker were beaten pretty good and they were less effective. I wonder how well those two will stand up to a continual beating in the lane. <_< If the Pistons win Thursday then it could be they who win in six. :unsure:

I enjoyed the game last night. Who cares how many points are scored as long as the intensity is as high as it was. :player:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think theor should be one less official and there should be an age limit on officails. If the game is so fast why the hell are 60 year old men running up and down the floor covering the game. At that age hasn't your eyesight, decision making skills, and endurance faded qiute a bit. Officails in all sports are usually old and I just don't get that. If you had a properly trained 35 year old that has 20/20 vision and is young enouhg to get up and down the floor or the field or whatever.

I just don't like the fact that the officials have too much impact in deciding the game and they often use it. The Finals are all about who is the best team, so they should swallow their whistles and let the teams find out who's better.

By the way, the Pistons by far played thier best game last night and the Spurs still had the lead at half and were still in it until the fourth. I think for the Pistons to win this they will have to play almost perfect, and the Manu injury could slow him down

Bottom Line, this series goes seven games.

No offense Detroit or San Antonio fans, but this has got to be the least competitive 2-2 series I have ever seen in my life. Fairly boring.

It was a fun game for Detroit fans. It's also surprising that the series is tied at 2 and no game has been close at the end. The Spurs look beaten, but they have three days to recover. The Pistons might be too physical for them and could close this out in six. :blink:

I hope you decided to watch game 5. That was what the finals are all about! I still can't believe that game. Big Shot Rob comes through again, and this time it wasn't against us! B)

I cannot believe that Rasheed threw the double down on Ginobli leaving Horry WIDE open when he'd been the hottest shooter for the Spurs. Major mental breakdown and it cost the Pistons the game and maybe the series.

The Pistons didn't hit Ginobli hard enough on his drives to the hoop as they did in games 3 and 4. Last night's game wasn't physical enough for the Pistons to win.

On another note, Timmy Duncan is a wussy. :lol: And the officials gave the Spurs some timely play stoppages, especially at the beginning of the game. <_<

I hope you decided to watch game 5.  That was what the finals are all about!  I still can't believe that game.  Big Shot Rob comes through again, and this time it wasn't against us!  B)

I cannot believe that Rasheed threw the double down on Ginobli leaving Horry WIDE open when he'd been the hottest shooter for the Spurs. Major mental breakdown and it cost the Pistons the game and maybe the series.

The Pistons didn't hit Ginobli hard enough on his drives to the hoop as they did in games 3 and 4. Last night's game wasn't physical enough for the Pistons to win.

On another note, Timmy Duncan is a wussy. :lol: And the officials gave the Spurs some timely play stoppages, especially at the beginning of the game. <_<

My thoughts exactly, I almost destroyed my TV. I agreed on every single point you made, especially about Rasheed leaving and the horrible officiating.

You've spoken like a true Pistons fan. Good for you.

I have a problem though. I have to watch Game 7 at my grandparents house, where I will be screaming and yelling at the TV, and they have a large problem with my, um, enthusiasm about sports. You could say obsession, but I won't say that.

I have a problem though. I have to watch Game 7 at my grandparents house, where I will be screaming and yelling at the TV, and they have a large problem with my, um, enthusiasm about sports. You could say obsession, but I won't say that.

Your problem is minor. Just keep the cheering profanity free and everything should be fine. Maybe grandpa or grandma like basketball.

BTW I'm not that big of a pistons fan. I just like their style of basketball. I think Larry Brown would have done better at the olympics if he had just taken his team. :blink:

I think Larry Brown would have done better at the olympics if he had just taken his team. :blink:

No doubt.

We agree on something.

No crow? :lol:

Do you still believe the Spurs are going to win the series?

I think the spurs are done, and have been since poor Timmy was shown on the bench at the end of game four. (That was worth watching) :P

This series should be over with the Pistons hoisting the trophy last night. :rolleyes: So if the better team is to win the series then I think it will be the pistons. The more physical team will win the game.

Yes, I still believe that the Spurs will win the series. I have no clue what's happened to Timmy. He seems to have lost that edge of his. Of course, by most NBA standards, he was too quiet to have that edge to begin with, but there were times during the season and earlier in the playoffs when he'd single-handedly take over games. At least with a game 7, both teams will be laying it all out on the floor and I expect Timmy to do everything in his power to get a win.

And one good thing happened in game 6. Bennett Salvatore was one of the refs and so he can't show up for game 7. There is some kind of crazy Bennett Salvatore hex on this team. Die hard Spurs fan sees him come out on the court and just thinks "Oh, no. Here we go again." But, there weren't any calls from him that were beyond his normal reffing lunacy...

And yeah, we agree on the who Olympics thing. I was saying that same thing last year -- if the Pistons went to the Olympics instead of the "Sleepwalking Team," Manu Ginobli wouldn't have a gold medal.

Wow if players called there own fouls the games would never end. Everytime someone goes to the basket they are fouled and everytime someone commits an obvious foul they didn't do it.

By the way I am thouroughly rooting for the best team to win this series. Problem is, I don't know what team that is.