NBA Playoffs

Kirkendall

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Losing in five? It's going to be a six or seven game series. The only way that Detroit will win in 5 games is if Shaq remains questionable with his bruised thigh.

We'll see what happens tonight. If Miami doesn't win then it could well be a sweep. It's amazing how many more people are for Detroit this year. It seemed like I was the only one last year. :)

SA has a good club, but Duncan isn't 100% and they won't score 85 points per game if they play the Pistons.

BTW Indianapolis looked as good as any team remaining in the playoffs. :huh:

you are crazy. theres 15 ppl on the spurs that can score...they will score more than 85 vs the pistons...and they have great D too. and indy woulda been good if they had artest...without him they shouldnt even had won one game from the pistons.

Miami goes as Shaq goes. If Shaq is not 100% and slowed by his injury, it's possible to win in a sweep. If Shaq is able to recover enough to be just somewhat of the force he is, you will not sweep Miami. I don't know what Shaq's condition is right now, but it'd be a big shock to see any team sweep Miami if Shaq is in there.

SA has a good club, but Duncan isn't 100% and they won't score 85 points per game if they play the Pistons.

No, Duncan is not 100%. He only had 28 points in game 1 at Phoenix and 30 points in game 2. Hopefully he'll have some time to get rested and back into form. I know that Phoenix is really glad to be playing against a less than 100% Duncan -- otherwise he'd be scoring 40 or 50!!

i won a hundred bucks on wades last second dunk. i had the over 177 1/2 and the heat -4 1/2. Game ended 92-86, 178 pts and heat won by 6. if he didnt steal that i woulda lost both $50.00 bets. Talk about almost having a heart attack! :o

but damn it felt good to win like that!!! :D

i won a hundred bucks on wades last second dunk. i had the over 177 1/2 and the heat -4 1/2. Game ended 92-86, 178 pts and heat won by 6. if he didnt steal that i woulda lost both $50.00 bets. Talk about almost having a heart attack! :o

but damn it felt good to win like that!!! :D

Congratulations! I'm glad someone is profiting off of these games :blink:

To SanAntonio, this series does have the potential to go seven games. Or detroit might take over at home :unsure:

Pistons!!!

My god I love my Pistons. The only favorite team of mine to win a championship in my lifetime!

And I hope they get another one.

• 2 weeks later...

You're right. They could only muster 84 points tonight. It's too bad that the Pistons only got a measley 69 points. Did you really think you had enough offense to get through our D? ^_^B)

We'll see what game two brings. I thought the seven game series the Pistons survived took its toll in the second half, especially the fourth quarter. I was impressed with the Spurs though. Prince and Rasheed need to step it up offensively for the Pistons to win this series.

As for Ginobili, I think that he's just as good as Dwayne Wade. Just as explosive, just as clutch. If you don't believe me, ask Larry. ;)

Just as good? Ginobli is better than Wade. Y'all will probably think I'm a homer, but the facts speak for themselves. Ginobli is an all-star, olympic gold medalist, and will be an NBA champion very soon. ;) The thing that sets Ginobli apart is that he brings that intensity every night. This isn't just something that he started doing in the playoffs. He plays with that intensity and crazy reckless abandon all the time. Now, Wade is a good player, but as of right now in their careers, Ginobli is better.

Oh, and manu just now hit another three. Good times. B)

i agree ginobli is better than wade. wade is overrated cuz now all of a sudden he has shaq. hes good, hes very good, but he isnt a top 15 player in the NBA....ginobli is.

A sweep? No. From the start I was thinking it'd be a six game series and I still think that. In the series against Seattle, the Spurs won the first two at home and then went to Seattle and got beaten twice. If Detroit fans make the Palace like Seattle fans made Key Arena, it will be hard. Also, with the game on Detroit's home floor, I expect the refs to lean more towards the Pistons side.

'd like to see how well he can handle a few really hard-John Chaney-fouls.

Unless you break his leg, he's going to get back up and keep going. He is tough. And besides, if you're desperate enough to send out the goons, you've already lost.

'd like to see how well he can handle a few really hard-John Chaney-fouls.

Unless you break his leg, he's going to get back up and keep going. He is tough. And besides, if you're desperate enough to send out the goons, you've already lost.

I'm not saying to send in the goons, but enough of these ticky-tacky fouls. When someone comes into the paint off balance, you give them a forearm shiver to the floor so they don't come in so quickly next time. :angry: The refs are calling the BS so you might as well get your fouls worth. :blink:

I really don't understand basketball refereeing anymore. I often wonder where was the foul when one has been called. Then I'm waiting for a foul to be called and it never comes :rolleyes: I had the same problem in the NCAA tournament. :huh:

ya the foul calls last night were absurd. there was no rhythm to it and it was completely unbalanced. Im not saying the pistons woulda won the game, but man alot of the calls favored the home town team.

One thing I think they do is to blatantly try to get three point plays. The officiating is sooooo bad, and has been bad both nights, especially for the Pistons. The problem is, cause of Big bad Stern, if you complain one bit he'll brign the hammer down. I hate that guy, he acts so smug, like he's the god of Basketball. He don't know s**t about the game and I bet he's never palyed it. He wouldn't know what a crossover is if it hit him in the face.

I figured this would happen. And some people were even asking about a sweep a couple days ago. ;) I don't know how the general fan saw the game tonight, but even if it wasn't the prettiest basketball the game stayed close and they kept trading leads until the very end of the third quarter when Detroit finally started to roll.

Detroit fans had better enjoy this win because you're only going to win one more game this season. Spurs in six. B)