NBA Playoffs

Kirkendall

I'm surprised no one has really mentioned it. I must admit, I've been really into the playoffs this year. Here's a great piece of the NBA going from Jordan (when it was awesome and acceptable to watch), to why everyone hates it (or hated), to now why it's actually a good investment of your time.

http://www.sports-central.org/sports/2005/...l_fantastic.php

As for discussion; does anyone think the Heat can beat Detroit without Shaq? Are the Suns good enough to beat a Spurs team that's looked a little sloppy against the Sonics?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sonics are just as good as the suns...dont let the spurs play vs them fool u...the sonics are a good team...and mb coulda beaten them with lewis and that other white guy thats european and i cant think of his name. suns spurs will be tough but i gotta go with my gut and go with the experience in the playoffs and take the spurs.

on the flip side, the heat are overrated even with shaq in there. they havent had any competition. Here comes the pistons off of a weird series with the pacers where they underplay and allow the pacers to have life, then slam the door shut when they get serious. if detroit gets serious, they will win the series...wade isnt as good as kobe and they shut shaq down last year....

Are the Suns good enough to beat a Spurs team that's looked a little sloppy against the Sonics?

More than! Steve Nash is like a (DISCLAIMER** not really in the biblical sense, just making reference to his on the basketball court play making abilities and spelling it with a little "g" so don't get your panties wadded up in a knot all over again!) god! The Suns will meet the Heat in the finals! How appropriate name-wise!

I have a solution: I will go home and play each series on NBA Jam for Sega Genesis and see who comes out as the winners. I'll keep you posted. <_<

But seriously, I see the Pistons winning it all just because that's the thing to do in the NBA--repeat. No creativity in that league.

Wade is better that Kobe, right now. Here's why - Kobe is a great scorer, Dwayne Wade is a great basketball player! He plays the game hard and with a desire to win, not with the desire to be the richest man in the NBA. he does it all, scores, rebounds, dishes, and plays defense. He is damn near averaging a triple double in the PLAYOFFS. It doesn't even matter who he is playing, they were good enough to make the playoffs. I was going to pick the Heat, but without a 100% Shaq I'm not so sure and I am really excited to see if Tashaun Prince gaurds Wade.

As far as the Spurs go, doesn't it seem like they win really ugly? They never really impress me that much, but always squeak out the W. And Manu is crazy to watch too.

Wade is better that Kobe, right now. Here's why - Kobe is a great scorer, Dwayne Wade is a great basketball player! He plays the game hard and with a desire to win, not with the desire to be the richest man in the NBA. he does it all, scores, rebounds, dishes, and plays defense. He is damn near averaging a triple double in the PLAYOFFS.

I would say the same, but I think this has something do with having Shaq on your team.

I look at it this way, I could probably score 30 points a game if you let me shoot 30 times. That's why I'm not fans of guys like Kobe, T-Mac, AI(although I love his hustle) and Vince Carter. Is it really a good game if you score 30 but go 9-24 from the field, then on top of that you only have 3 rebounds and two assists to go with it. Like I said, you give most NBA players a chance to shoot 30 times and they could average 25 points

This is why I still have a hard time watching NBA still and it's why we get our asses kicked in the olympics. Guys like that just shoot, don't play team ball, and don't play very good defense and that's not basketball. Sometimes I wonder where the And One guy is going "OH BABY, OH BABY!!!!"

PRIMadonnas with millions and whining, I just don't get it and the NBA still has too many of them

I look at it this way, I could probably score 30 points a game if you let me shoot 30 times. That's why I'm not fans of guys like Kobe, T-Mac, AI(although I love his hustle) and Vince Carter. Is it really a good game if you score 30 but go 9-24 from the field, then on top of that you only have 3 rebounds and two assists to go with it. Like I said, you give most NBA players a chance to shoot 30 times and they could average 25 points

This is why I still have a hard time watching NBA still and it's why we get our asses kicked in the olympics. Guys like that just shoot, don't play team ball, and don't play very good defense and that's not basketball. Sometimes I wonder where the And One guy is going "OH BABY, OH BABY!!!!"

PRIMadonnas with millions and whining, I just don't get it and the NBA still has too many of them

3 rebounds and 2 assists? thats not kobe's stats...thats tmacs stats. kobe usually gets about 4-5 assists, 5-7 boards and like 1-2 blocks and 2-4 steals per game. kobe is good, all you haters, laker haters that is can get over yourselves.

And here I thought that I was the only one here who was following the NBA playoffs. Now, rest of you may accuse me of homerism, but the Spurs will beat the Suns in either 6 or 7 games. The only loss we had against the Suns in the regular season was at Phoenix and it was a game when Duncan was out with a sprained ankle. We've already shown that we can run with the Suns and beat them at their own game. Will we be able to run with them all the time? No. Of course not. No one can. But, we must be able to hang with them for one of the first two games of the series and shift the homecourt back to our advantage. We've already done that in the regular season so we know that we can do it.

As far as the Spurs go, doesn't it seem like they win really ugly? They never really impress me that much, but always squeak out the W. And Manu is crazy to watch too.

I don't know what games you've been watching, but I have seen some impressive performances by the Spurs in these playoffs and most of the time they didn't have to squeak out the win because they were already up by 20 points! In the first round against Denver, who some claimed was the hottest team going into the playoffs, we lost the first game at home and then went on to take the next four with a 14 point average margin of victory. Against Seattle, the two games we lost were on Seattle's floor and Key Arena has to be one of the loudest, most abusive places around. The three wins in San Antonio were by an average margin of 17 points. There was one of those squeaky wins in the final game of the series, but the only other "sqeaky" game was in game three where the Sonics won by 1 point.

At home, the Spurs have absolutely dominated. The road is another story, and it has been all season, but we took care of business in Denver and when we had the chance to put away the series in Seattle, we did. The tables are turned in the next series because Phoenix has the home court advantage, but I'm hoping for 1 - 1 split in the two games at Phoenix. Then we must win the two games we have at home. If we're 2 - 2 after game four, I'll start to get worried a little bit.

The Suns have some really good players, although I won't go so far as to called Steve Nash "god" as some others have chosen to do. ;) But just because there's a "god" on your team doesn't mean you're going to win. It's the better TEAM that wins, not the better player. The Spurs have some really good players too and are extremely deep and many of the players were around a couple years ago and have that experience of winning a championship. We're getting to the point in the playoffs where that experience starts to become really important. It should be really exciting seeing Nash fly around on one end and Manu fly around on the other. The fun begins tomorrow. I can't wait. B)

Kobe is a good player. There's no doubt about that. However, the great players will make the other guys around them better. Think Magic, Jordan, Bird, Shaq, or Duncan. I haven't seen that from Kobe. The same goes for guys like TMac. Sure, they can light it up on any given night and have a great individual performance, but the guys around them don't seem to change or get better or even get more into the flow of a game. Until I see that from Kobe -- doing the things that make the team better -- I can't call him a great player.

The Suns have some really good players, although I won't go so far as to called Steve Nash "god" as some others have chosen to do. ;)

He's really not a god. That's impossible. He's Canadian! :P I hope there isn't any Canadians here. If so...I'm sorry. Just joking around... :)