Marvin owes Warrick some time!

walzav29

Well I hope P-dub gets another shot but if we did happen to to cut him,

I'm sure everything would go well for him he would probbley end up on a team where he would be a number 1# receiver.

But once again I hope we keep P-dub

one of the best corps in the NFL

Johnson-tjhouch-Pdub-Henry-perry & Perry then who ever wins the 6th slot(((I woulden't mind if it was squirrel boy He's not that bad of a receiver I think he just hasen't been given a chance to step up. to get 800-1000 yard season

I agree that keeping P-Dub around is a good PR move and a good football move. His injury problems are a result (at least partially) of his decision to try to help the team make the playoffs two years ago, so if you cut him, you're sending a bad message.

Also, Warrick is a great compliment to CJ and Housh (if healthy) and the thought of Henry coming along and/or Kelley Washington realizing his potential makes you very excited about our WR corps. Add the thought of Chris Perry catching balls out of the backfield and we might as well pencil in Palmer for a 5,000-yard season. :D

Bengals don't owe Warrick anything!!

Pro football is a high risk and high reward occupation. Warrick has been well compensated for the work he's done for the Bengals.

If Warrick can't win at least the 3rd receiver slot then he should be cut. 2.2mil is too much to pay for a 4th or 5th receiver and those spots should be used to develop the young players.

PW needs to compete for his position, or spot on the team. If injury takes him out from doing well, then it's time to move on. If he can't beat out any of the other guys, then it's time to move on. The sentimental thing is what got us in trouble in the first place pre-Marvin Lewis.

Well I hope P-dub gets another shot but if we did happen to to cut him,

I'm sure everything would go well for him he would probbley end up on a team where he would be a number 1# receiver.

But once again I hope we keep P-dub

one of the best corps in the NFL

Johnson-tjhouch-Pdub-Henry-perry & Perry then who ever wins the 6th slot(((I woulden't mind if it was squirrel boy He's not that bad of a receiver I think he just hasen't been given a chance to step up. to get 800-1000 yard season

I think the 6th slot will go K Walters...and I am still not convinced that Tab Perry will definately make the team...

" I think the 6th slot will go K Walters...and I am still not convinced that Tab Perry will definately make the team..."

Because he was a 6th rounder?tjhouch was 7th and diden't do much till he has his breakout year last year.(we also drafted chad johnson the same year)

" I think the 6th slot will go K Walters...and I am still not convinced that Tab Perry will definately make the team..."

Because he was a 6th rounder?tjhouch was 7th and diden't do much till he has his breakout year last year.(we also drafted chad johnson the same year)

Walters was also a 7th rounder

Pdub owes MARVIN some time.  NOONE gets a free ride on this team.  Put up or shut up.  That's all it comes down to.

Bulls**t.

He wouldn't have this problem if he didn't take one for the team.

Big Willie and Levi did the exact same thing, the only difference is their not skill positions.

Had Warrick not played towards the end of the 2003 season, with a possible playoff berth looming, I bet a lotta yall woulda been crying about him not being tough enough or not being a team player.

And like it has been stated before, TJ was afforded the same treatment, and I DOUBLE DARE any of you to even type the words TJ is a better WR than Warrick.

Get outta here.

Warrick is owed nothing. You earn it. While not a bust he has never lived up to his pick. That being said. If he is healthy is the slot receiver, we have no-one better on this roster, yet. I say let him try to earn a new contract this year. Even if we dont resign him he has a chance to earn a better contract and 1st wide status somewhere else after this year.

Pdub owes MARVIN some time.  NOONE gets a free ride on this team.  Put up or shut up.  That's all it comes down to.

Bulls**t.

He wouldn't have this problem if he didn't take one for the team.

Big Willie and Levi did the exact same thing, the only difference is their not skill positions.

Had Warrick not played towards the end of the 2003 season, with a possible playoff berth looming, I bet a lotta yall woulda been crying about him not being tough enough or not being a team player.

And like it has been stated before, TJ was afforded the same treatment, and I DOUBLE DARE any of you to even type the words TJ is a better WR than Warrick.

Get outta here.

Ok, I'll bite. TJ IS a better wideout right now than Pdub. Why? He can be on the field in a game situation, unlike Pdub.

If Big Willie and Levi weren't the best at their position, and there were 2 or 3 other guys better than them to fill in their space on the line, I'd say cut them too. Why?

THE BEST GUYS PLAY, THE WORST GUYS GO FOR A WALK.

TJ is a better receiver than Warrick.

That said, I think ML is giving P-Dub plenty of time to try and get back and has been "giving him a chance". This team will be at its most dangerous if Warrick can get back close to what he was and operate out of the slot with the devastating effectiveness we saw in 2003. Talk about a team with the ability to move the chains, I would be just giddy.

I am anxious about this situation, if nothing else because Lewis is so damn quiet about it. I am looking forward to watching PW in stripes for at least one more year. He went through some tough years here, would be nice to see him stick around and be able to contribute now.

The guy's only 28 years old I think.

Yall are just talking to hear yourselves.

Those of you who say TJ is a better reciever than Warrick.

Damn, wasn't it just LAST YEAR when TJ was suffering from hamstring problems?

Wasn't it in the preseason when he bobbled a couple of passes that Bengaldom was s**tting on him? Nobody remembers that huh? Short memory Bengals fans have, maybe that's a byproduct of all the years of losing.

I love TJ, hell, he was in my signature for a while.

But he's not better than Warrick when Warrick is healthy, plain and simple.

Quit trippin, and stop trying to stir the pot, because you know deep down, you're talking crazy.

That's like saying Travis Henry is better than Willis McGahee just because he was healthy last year.

Or Rudi Johnson is a better all-around back than Chris Perry.

(yeah, I opened that can of worms again, just because....)

Nice Avatar BTW, Billy.