Expectations for Pollack

UofLnMU

Expectations for Pollack?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Expectations for Pollack?

• POLLACK IS GOD!
    • I will name my child "Pollack," even if it is a girl.
    • Decent player, but will never ascend to the level of immortality attained by Steve Foley.
    • Reinard Wilson, anyone?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of fictional ramblings, have you read the Bible? Talking shrubs...on fire no less! People turning into salt. Paradise on Earth ruined over the fate of a single piece of fruit. The entire book of Revelations. :wacko:

Just kidding, sort of. Believe whatever you want. I really don't mind very much. The only beef I have with Christians is the way they use faith to withhold civil rights from others. Well, that and the crazy recruitment drives that remind me an Amway sales pitch crossed with some be all you can be Army commercial.

But again, believe what you will and you'll hear no gripe from me unless you take your faith into the public arena. Do that, and you get whatever you get. Let me remind you that the only reason we're even talking about this is because one of your kind is so repressed that he can't laugh at a joke. <_<

Which reminds me that I haven't voted in the Pollack pole. Just for giggles I'm going to go with Pollack is God. :P

BTW Indy, I dropped by Borders books today to get another copy of Ken's Guide to the Bible. Sadly, they were out, had no plans to order more, and I didn't feel like special ordering a book I had already read just to find out the name of the murdered god (small g). But if you're really interested in reading more about Biblical wrestling stories or finding out if the good book says God is green you can pick up a copy of the guide for about $8 on amazon.com.

Or you can get a copy for free at most Pagan gatherings. (BYOB)

your right ....neither you or your beliefs have no bearing whatsoever in what I believe in or how I choose to lead my life..have a nice day slugger....

Fortunatley for me, I am not called convince anyone of the truth as I see it. I am only called to share the gospel. What you do with it is between you and God.

I also wish you a good day.

As far as polythiesm goes.  The Bible itself states that there are many gods. (small g) but attributes these gods to satanic demons and what not.  IT really depends on how  you use the term "god".  If you use it for anything that is worshipped, then yes, there are about 1 billion gods.  If, however, you use it refferring to an omnipotent creator of the universe. It logically can only refer to 1 being or entitiy.

Forgive my pagan prodding, but I'm still having a little trouble with this.

In the example of the Old Testament wrestling match you're saying that the God (big G) who created the universe looked around and found another god (small g). This rival was a lesser god (small g) and even if a satanic demon was presumably created by God (big G) as all things were.

First question. Why would God (big G) create a lesser god (small g) who would be a rival for flocking worship?

Regardless, after their agents had engaged in lengthy negotiations it was decided that the two rivals would meet in a wrestling match. And wouldn't it be fitting if it was a Texas style cage match? Ehhh?

In a stunning upset god (small g) manages to defeat God (big G) an outcome so unlikely that it implies the wrestling match was fixed. And any fan of pulp movies and detective magazines knows that if the fix was on the omnipotent creator of the universe was definately in on it. Because to believe otherwise is to believe that the undefeatable can be beaten in a fair fight.

Second question. Why would the omnipotent God (big G) allow himself to be beaten in a show of strength with a rival if not to pocket the cash that was wagered by the flock who had bet on the heavy favorite? And wasn't this story later used as a plot on an episode South Park?

Moving on, after being defeated God (big G) sneaks into his rivals house and murders god (small g) while he sleeps. This is entirely predictable to fans of movies like Goodfellas and the Godfather. Witnesses must be silenced. Once the crime has been completed and the cash has been pocketed those who were once an accomplice are now threats due to what they know. Simply put, God (big G) had to kill god (small g) or risk the lesser god blabbing about the fixed wrestling match to the fleeced flock that had bet on God (big G).

However, why did God (big G) feel he had to sneak into his rivals house? Isn't it unseemly for the creator of the universe to go skulking about like a gangsta itent on murdering someone in their sleep? Why not defeat the lesser god in the type of straight up hero combat that we find at the end of most movies and books? And why did God (big G) need the cash from the fixed fight in the first place? Did he owe his bookie? Had he lost a bar bet? Did he need the money for new chariot rims or hair plugs? Or was he simply showing off for the masses? Did he set the whole thing up, from beginning to end, for his own amusement?

And last, what was I supposed to learn from a Bible story that reads like an episode of the Sopranos with it's propped up rivals, fixed wrestling matches, and finally....cold blooded murder?

Well, to answer your question Satan isn't really a rival for God. Satan is still Gods Satan and can only do as God permits. Gods never lost any sort of match with Satan and Satan is actually only performing his part of Gods will.

The story of Job is a good example of this.

Why would God allow Satan to exist and eventual do the things he has done?

I can't really speak for God on this matter because he has chosen to not reveal his reasoning to us. If he did, I'm sure we are not smart enough to understand it.

I do have a theory, but please remember, its just my theory. I haven't read it anywhere but It is based on a verse in the NT.

In one of Pauls letters (Romans I believe), He talks about how Pharoah was actually doing the will of God when he did evil in order to show Gods power to the surrounding nations.

(when I say "will", there are 2 wills, I'll elaborate further if needed)

When Paul poses the hypothetical question, of why Pharoah was purposed for such, he answers himself with something along the lines of (paraphrasing here) "what if God created creatures to display his wrath to in order that his grace may be made evident to us" (this is not word for word, so don't read it as such).

Imagine if you never got sick. Imagine if no one you knew ever got sick. Imagine if no one you have ever heard of got sick. Imagine if the entire concept of being sick had never even entered your mind. Now I ask you, "would you appreciate the good health you have?".

Of course not, because we wouldn't even know there was ever any other option.

As with most things, you don't appreciate your health unless you've at some point been without it.

Essentially, we can't appreciate Heaven without Hell. If we never experienced imperfection we would never appreciate perfection. If there was not a devil to contrast God with, we would not appreciate God for being good because we would know only his good.

Thats the advantage we had over Lucifer in his original state, we can appreciate Gods way as being better because we have experienced what sin is like.

Before Satans sin, no one had ever experienced disobeying God, or no one had ever chosen to worship themselves as opposed to God.

(assuning God wants free willed worshipers and not automations...) If everytime someone sinned God just wiped them out and started over, he would continually have the same problem. At some point someone would decide that thier may might be better and give it a try. BAm! he's got an eternal cycle on his hands.

But if he allows his creations to experience tempations, faliling, and redemption they would be able to appreciate what they have in God and not be privy to the same error in eternity.

Hence Satan while execising his will to disobey God only actually further Gods eternal plan. Being God he is due his worship, eternal worship is ensured by temporary experience of non worship.

Of course the theory isn't air tight. But right now is the best I've come up with. ITs probabley wrong because most likley I wouldn't be able to figure out some thing God wouldn't want us to know. (or at least deciced not to reveal to us).

Why does everyone always feel compelled to shove what they believe down other people's throats. Faith is what is is, FAITH. That means believing in something without really understanding it! No of you have any clues whatsoever as to what really went on in Jesus's days, and as far as the bible being accurate, how do you Know Your names not Peter or Paul is it? Everyone has the right to believe and the right to share their beliefs, but quoting your faith as fact is ridiculous.

David Pollack will make three pro bowls on his desire alone!

NEXT!

Sorry if you feel that I'm shoving my faith down your throat.

I did indeed state that nothing can be proven 100%. I can't prove to myself that I even exist. NOthing is provable.

Given that, we do make decesions based on what evidence we percieve we have gathered. You do it thousands of times each day.

I am only pointing out that to me the evidence available supports not only a single all powerful creator but the Bible as his revelation to man. Furthermore, I believe there is more evidence for the accuracy of the scriptures we have in our possesion today than there is for any other historical accounts of that time period.

I'm not saying that means the NT is 100% accurate. Only that if you insist on doubting everthing stated in the NT it would be logical to even moreso doubt the accuracy of everthing else written during that period. or before.

where am i? i typed in 'bengalszone.com' and it sent me to www.icouldcarelessifthisisabengalsforum,andiknowthisreligioustalkhasbeennippedin

hebutt,butistillfeeltheneedtorunmyyupaboutwhatithinkisrightorwronginreligion.com/forums.

pollack will be better than steve foley, who is better than brian simmons.

Okay, Okay

I get the point. As I stated earlier, my commision is not to actually win anyone to Christ, but to just share the message.

That being the case, I won't argue or provide any further evidences for why I believe what I believe. (but rest assured there are reasons).

I'll just present the gospel of Christ and try not to elaborate too much (I usually just can't help myself).

Ignore it, mock it, accept it, whatever you feel inclined. Thats between you and God.

1) The Bible says that you are accountable for the sin in your life: "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Rom. 3:23)

2) A penalty exists for that sin: "the wages of sin is death" (Rom 6:23) The natural result of your sin will lead to your spiritual death.

3) You, cannot earn by good deeds, a way to wipe out that sin from your life:

"Its by grace you have been saved, through faith-and that is not from yourseleves; it is a gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast. )Eph. 2:8-9

4) God provided for your sin by sending HIs Son to die in yoru place. Instead of you, Jesus took the wages of sin on himself by dying on the cross. Then God raised HIm on the third day: "God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Rom. 5:8)

5) How do yo claim this free gift of salvation that God has provided? "everyone one calls on the name of the Lord will be saved" (Rom 10:13).

Heres a sample prayer that you might pray if you feel so convicted.

"Dear God, thank You for going to the cross for me. I believe You did it because I an a sinner and You wanted to spend eternity with me. Thank You for forgiving me of my sins and giving me a new life. I want to change my ways and seek a relationship with You. Amen."

Okay, thats all you'll get from me on this subject. I'll finally shut up. If anyone wants to continue conversation in a constructive manor, I guess you can message me and we will figure out how to set up dialouge.

Why would God allow Satan to exist and eventual do the things he has done?

I can't really speak for God on this matter because he has chosen to not reveal his reasoning to us. If he did, I'm sure we are not smart enough to understand it.

So evil exists as part of God's master plan, a divine design his children are too stupid to comprehend, and a plan based upon the existence of something he offers no proof of, but a plan whose rules must be followed precisely or those same children are cast into eternal damnation....all in the name of love. <_<

I guess the call it blind faith for a reason. Look too closely and you might begin to wonder why God created evil and hell for the children he claims to love or why he makes it so easy to not believe. But don't bother asking, because he also made you to stupid to understand his motives. :wacko:

Boil it all down and you seem to be saying that faith in God's plan is based upon our own stupidity and his threat of violence.

Imagine if you never got sick. Imagine if no one you knew ever got sick. Imagine if no one you have ever heard of got sick. Imagine if the entire concept of being sick had never even entered your mind. Now I ask you, "would you appreciate the good health you have

So God deliberately created illness, disease, and physical suffering as a way to show us how much he loves us?

No thanks, it's the pagan life for me. Because I'll be damned...pun intended...if I ever look at a cancerous tumor as a valentine from someone who truly loves me.

Okay, thats all you'll get from me on this subject. I'll finally shut up. If anyone wants to continue conversation in a constructive manor, I guess you can message me and we will figure out how to set up dialouge.

Nope. Frankly, I don't mind indulging or mocking you guys whenever one of you steps onto a soapbox on a football message board, but that's as far as my interest goes.

That said, can I get a who-dey? :lol:

Heres a sample prayer that you might pray if you feel so convicted.

I don't, but thanks for asking. What I do feel convicted ( :blink: ?) of is not moving this from the Bengals forum and into the general discussions forum when I should have. I shall now overturn my "conviction." Off to General Discussions we go!