Expectations for Pollack

UofLnMU

Expectations for Pollack?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Expectations for Pollack?

• POLLACK IS GOD!
    • I will name my child "Pollack," even if it is a girl.
    • Decent player, but will never ascend to the level of immortality attained by Steve Foley.
    • Reinard Wilson, anyone?

Are you people INSANE? I'm positive this dude meant Phenomenal player. Obviously he isn't meaning that Pollack is God. People like you are the ones that make believers in Christ look like nuts. The kind of church goer whose favorite hobby is finding the sins in others. Remember who has never sinned shall cast the first stone? Lighten up. Go to the O'Reilly factor if you want a debate like this. If you're on this FOOTBALL site discuss the greatness of the Bengal linebackers. Pollack is going to kick ass.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry folks, I find it extremely hard to believe that an all mighty creator of such a vast universe would or could take offense to anything that someone as small and insignificant as all of us are, in comparison with the universe, to heart and comdemn me to eternal flames for it....just my 2 cents.

Oh yeah....BTH, how big WAS that boat that held 2 of each, of 4 billion or so species of lifeforms on earth for 40 days and nights, not to mention enough food to feed them all...Must've been pretty darn big huh...and smelly no doubt... :rolleyes:

Why am I not surprised the "newbies" are the ones who are making a stink about being offended.... :wacko::rolleyes:

Nobody is confusing Pollack with Christ, it was an expression....take a pill and say 3 Our Father's...

Now back to the sleeping Giant I like to call the Bengals!!!!!!! Who-Dey....

Holy s**t me to tears... Billy feel free to move this post whenever you like.

People please take all the time you want to be offended somewhere else or go to confession after reading what's written here. Better yet, DON'T F**KING COME ON THIS BOARD !!! Jesus help us all !!! Oh yeah, Pollack will be great in time... If it's two games or two seasons remains to be seen...

WHO-F**KING-DEY !!!

To the people who are "offended",that's too bad.There hasn't been a single post put up with the intent of being disrespectful in any religious way.It's simply a play on words.A play on words that could easily come up in any conversation about a talented player.If I wanted to be lectured to I'd have never moved out of my parent's house.

Get off your high horse.

Stoning was the prescribe punishment for blasphemy.

But what if your stash is tapped out?

BTW, the Old Testament mentions several gods including one who beat Yahweh in a wrestling match...prompting a jealous Yahweh to later sneak into the others holy crib and kill the rival while he slept.

Not cool.

Firstly, I am a seminary student, so you wouldn't think a conversation like this would annoy me, but I guess I'm not a normal seminary student. I read thousands of pages of religious material, and enjoy it thoroughly, but when I come to the Bengals forum site, I'm looking for interesting discussion about the Bengals.

let's talk about Carson Palmer, or David Pollack, or something about the Bengals. I think that discussions of faith are infinitely more important than discussions about football, but this is certainly not the first place I would come to talk religion. I don't know you guys, and don't have relationships with you, and that is the only context that meaningful religious discussion can take place. So, let's end it here, please.

I stand side by side with our seminary student on this point, and believe me...you'll not often see me sharing the same point of view with religious people! Let's move on.

There needs to be something in between naming my child after him, and he won't be as good as Steve Foley.

I was thinking the same thing! I haven't voted because I can't find a choice that fit's my opinion.

my missus is expecting our second son in june, so i asked her about the name. unfortunately she said no. as she did to boomer, chad,landon, delta, tory,rudi,madieu etc.she did quite like caleb though.

personally, i just think she's being selfish!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody really knows what Jesus said.. The books of the new testement were written many years after his death so its all heresay and adlibs imo.

As for God... Is there one or a committee? Indians believe in many Gods..Who are you or anyone else to say there isnt?

As for Hell...I dont believe in a hell.. If there is a father and he loves us so he wouldnt send his children to such a horrendous place for eternity.. Is that what you'd do to your own child?

1st) I gather from your post that you believe most things to be relative. NO one can really know the truth and therefore it doesn't matter what anyone really believes, because who is to say whats right and wrong. Therefore what I believe should have little bearing on you and you have no motivation to convince me otherwise (except perhaps to get me to shut up). I, however, strongly feel that what you believe puts you in danger of eternal seperation from God. Therefore what you believe does impact me, to the degree that I am commanded to share the gospel. So I hope you will forgive me for just not saying "to each his own. Can't we all just get along?"

2nd) Well the books of the NT were written within the lifetime of the eyewitnesses who lived while Jesus lived. They were written by either eyewitnesses themselves or the understudies of eye witnesses (who were taking notes). The books we have now are at least 98% accurate. and we can be more sure of thier accuraccy over any other ancient writings. (compared to ancient copies found and the # of years those copies are removed from the actual times of the events). Essentially our current accounts of the NT are more reliable than any other writings from that time period. Certianly NOTHING can be proven 100%.

3rd) God doesn't "send" you to hell so much as thats where you choose to go. You can let him be your God as is disigned, or you can choose to be your own god in which he will allow you. The place where that happens is hell. He lets you go where you can be your own god. Of course being as how your not omnipotent and all that, that leaves you pretty screwed. If God didn't let people go to hell then he wouldn't really be offering them anykind of a choice. Of course God doens't want anyone to go to hell, thats why he despises and punishes sin. Because it seperates us from him.

4th) As far as polythiesm goes. The Bible itself states that there are many gods. (small g) but attributes these gods to satanic demons and what not. IT really depends on how you use the term "god". If you use it for anything that is worshipped, then yes, there are about 1 billion gods. If, however, you use it refferring to an omnipotent creator of the universe. It logically can only refer to 1 being or entitiy.

(Of course being omnipotent and operating in dimensions far above our comprehension this God could manifest himself in a variety of ways.). But really there can't be any more than one infinity, or by definition that 1 infinity would not be infinity.

5th) I'm not offended by anything I've read on this topic. Including the allusion to David Pollack being God. Its just a pun saying that "Pollack will be reall good".

But I did see what I believe to be misinformation on this topic. I tried to correct that. Sorry if that offends anyone. But then again, the gospel is offensive. Jesus said as much. People won't like what it says. I fully expect to be "persucuted" for my beliefs. The servant is no better than the master, after all. I know this isn't the place that is designed for talking about these subjects, but I am called to be a christian first and foremost, football fan comes down the line a little bit further. I saw something that I couldn't help but correct.

For those of you who aren't christians, I think most of you will agree that being a decent human being comes ahead of being a bengals fan. If on this forum, if you were to read a poster talking about how child molestation is great, and everyone should try it. would you not respond? even if the forum is not designed for such conversation? Of course you would. Your calling to be a decent human being comes ahead of being a Bengal fan.

I know 80% of the people reading this won't share my view, but I just couldn't let it pass. I didn't bring it up and I'm happy to drop it.

thanks.

6th) I think David Pollack will be a HoFamer. I'm not sure what option best describes my feelings on the subject, so I have not yet voted.

Nobody really knows what Jesus said.. The books of the new testement were written many years after his death so its all heresay and adlibs imo.

As for God... Is there one or a committee? Indians believe in many Gods..Who are you or anyone else to say there isnt?

As for Hell...I dont believe in a hell.. If there is a father and he loves us so he wouldnt send his children to such a horrendous place for eternity.. Is that what you'd do to your own child?

1st) I gather from your post that you believe most things to be relative. NO one can really know the truth and therefore it doesn't matter what anyone really believes, because who is to say whats right and wrong. Therefore what I believe should have little bearing on you and you have no motivation to convince me otherwise (except perhaps to get me to shut up). I, however, strongly feel that what you believe puts you in danger of eternal seperation from God. Therefore what you believe does impact me, to the degree that I am commanded to share the gospel. So I hope you will forgive me for just not saying "to each his own. Can't we all just get along?"

2nd) Well the books of the NT were written within the lifetime of the eyewitnesses who lived while Jesus lived. They were written by either eyewitnesses themselves or the understudies of eye witnesses (who were taking notes). The books we have now are at least 98% accurate. and we can be more sure of thier accuraccy over any other ancient writings. (compared to ancient copies found and the # of years those copies are removed from the actual times of the events). Essentially our current accounts of the NT are more reliable than any other writings from that time period. Certianly NOTHING can be proven 100%.

3rd) God doesn't "send" you to hell so much as thats where you choose to go. You can let him be your God as is disigned, or you can choose to be your own god in which he will allow you. The place where that happens is hell. He lets you go where you can be your own god. Of course being as how your not omnipotent and all that, that leaves you pretty screwed. If God didn't let people go to hell then he wouldn't really be offering them anykind of a choice. Of course God doens't want anyone to go to hell, thats why he despises and punishes sin. Because it seperates us from him.

4th) As far as polythiesm goes. The Bible itself states that there are many gods. (small g) but attributes these gods to satanic demons and what not. IT really depends on how you use the term "god". If you use it for anything that is worshipped, then yes, there are about 1 billion gods. If, however, you use it refferring to an omnipotent creator of the universe. It logically can only refer to 1 being or entitiy.

(Of course being omnipotent and operating in dimensions far above our comprehension this God could manifest himself in a variety of ways.). But really there can't be any more than one infinity, or by definition that 1 infinity would not be infinity.

5th) I'm not offended by anything I've read on this topic. Including the allusion to David Pollack being God. Its just a pun saying that "Pollack will be reall good".

But I did see what I believe to be misinformation on this topic. I tried to correct that. Sorry if that offends anyone. But then again, the gospel is offensive. Jesus said as much. People won't like what it says. I fully expect to be "persucuted" for my beliefs. The servant is no better than the master, after all. I know this isn't the place that is designed for talking about these subjects, but I am called to be a christian first and foremost, football fan comes down the line a little bit further. I saw something that I couldn't help but correct.

For those of you who aren't christians, I think most of you will agree that being a decent human being comes ahead of being a bengals fan. If on this forum, if you were to read a poster talking about how child molestation is great, and everyone should try it. would you not respond? even if the forum is not designed for such conversation? Of course you would. Your calling to be a decent human being comes ahead of being a Bengal fan.

I know 80% of the people reading this won't share my view, but I just couldn't let it pass. I didn't bring it up and I'm happy to drop it.

thanks.

6th) I think David Pollack will be a HoFamer. I'm not sure what option best describes my feelings on the subject, so I have not yet voted.

You really have been brainwashed into believing everything in the bible haven't you. Or was it the fact that you feel you have to believe in something other than yourself?

Im not going to squabble with you about when the new testament books were written. You have your version and I've heard others.

As far a one God...Neither of us know now do we? You just have your opinion as many others do....

I see it this way.. You can believe in whatever religion you choose...Just act accordingly in what you believe... All roads lead to heaven or whatever you want to call it no matter what road or religion you choose.....

I cerianly believe there is ample evidence for supernatural authorship of the Bible. This comes from examination of certian facts. That being the case, I take its word on pretty well all subjects. Including the details of God and his relationship to man.

As far as There being multiple Gods. That answer comes as much from simple logic as it does the Bible. if by god you mean "anything that is worshipped". Then yes, there are millions or billions of gods.

If by god you mean "omniponent creator of all reality" then by definition there can only be one. Ther cannot be 2 infinities. Because if something existed aside from the first infinity then it could not be an infinity. So basically, there is either 1 all powerful God or there is 0 all powerful gods. you can't have more than one all powerful being.

There might be a pantheon of lesser beings that in comparison to human standards weild a great deal of power. But only one could be omnipontent. only one could be "God" logically speaking.

Like I said, my beliefs shouldn't really matter to you. Afterall, in your mind we are all going to the same place.

I expect Pollack to have a great week. Since he has been saving himself for marriage and he gets married on Saturday...I say he's about to have an all-pro kinda week. Funny how both he and Carson after being first round picks got for the Bengals got married soon after the draft.

I like that since it will probably keep them home instead of being alured by the night life that pro athlete's sometimes get in trouble with. I'm thinking about showing up at the wedding here in the ATL on Saturday in a Bengals jersey.

My wife just told me I can't...forget that, I'll be doing the lawn.

post-2-1116504422.jpg

Why does everyone always feel compelled to shove what they believe down other people's throats. Faith is what is is, FAITH. That means believing in something without really understanding it! No of you have any clues whatsoever as to what really went on in Jesus's days, and as far as the bible being accurate, how do you Know Your names not Peter or Paul is it? Everyone has the right to believe and the right to share their beliefs, but quoting your faith as fact is ridiculous.

David Pollack will make three pro bowls on his desire alone!

NEXT!

Why does everyone always feel compelled to shove what they believe down other people's throats?

If you found one thing that turned you're pathetic self centered life around and were finally able to approach each day with grace and a smile - you would want to share it. That's the glory of a relationship with Jesus Christ. What happens in this world means a lot less because you have eternity to look forward to. If you truly understand this, then you want to share it with others.

And no, the reference to Pollack doesn't really bother those of us who understand this, because we recognize the source.

Finally, Pollack will be a Tim Krumrie/Reggie Williams mix.

As far as polythiesm goes.  The Bible itself states that there are many gods. (small g) but attributes these gods to satanic demons and what not.  IT really depends on how  you use the term "god".  If you use it for anything that is worshipped, then yes, there are about 1 billion gods.  If, however, you use it refferring to an omnipotent creator of the universe. It logically can only refer to 1 being or entitiy.

Forgive my pagan prodding, but I'm still having a little trouble with this.

In the example of the Old Testament wrestling match you're saying that the God (big G) who created the universe looked around and found another god (small g). This rival was a lesser god (small g) and even if a satanic demon was presumably created by God (big G) as all things were.

First question. Why would God (big G) create a lesser god (small g) who would be a rival for flocking worship?

Regardless, after their agents had engaged in lengthy negotiations it was decided that the two rivals would meet in a wrestling match. And wouldn't it be fitting if it was a Texas style cage match? Ehhh?

In a stunning upset god (small g) manages to defeat God (big G) an outcome so unlikely that it implies the wrestling match was fixed. And any fan of pulp movies and detective magazines knows that if the fix was on the omnipotent creator of the universe was definately in on it. Because to believe otherwise is to believe that the undefeatable can be beaten in a fair fight.

Second question. Why would the omnipotent God (big G) allow himself to be beaten in a show of strength with a rival if not to pocket the cash that was wagered by the flock who had bet on the heavy favorite? And wasn't this story later used as a plot on an episode South Park?

Moving on, after being defeated God (big G) sneaks into his rivals house and murders god (small g) while he sleeps. This is entirely predictable to fans of movies like Goodfellas and the Godfather. Witnesses must be silenced. Once the crime has been completed and the cash has been pocketed those who were once an accomplice are now threats due to what they know. Simply put, God (big G) had to kill god (small g) or risk the lesser god blabbing about the fixed wrestling match to the fleeced flock that had bet on God (big G).

However, why did God (big G) feel he had to sneak into his rivals house? Isn't it unseemly for the creator of the universe to go skulking about like a gangsta itent on murdering someone in their sleep? Why not defeat the lesser god in the type of straight up hero combat that we find at the end of most movies and books? And why did God (big G) need the cash from the fixed fight in the first place? Did he owe his bookie? Had he lost a bar bet? Did he need the money for new chariot rims or hair plugs? Or was he simply showing off for the masses? Did he set the whole thing up, from beginning to end, for his own amusement?

And last, what was I supposed to learn from a Bible story that reads like an episode of the Sopranos with it's propped up rivals, fixed wrestling matches, and finally....cold blooded murder?

You can leave it here.  I promise I won't talk religion and politics again unless someone starts throwing the fire and brimstone at me and telling me I'm going to hell.

Whaddaya mean "going?" Hasn't this seemed like "hell" to any other Bengal fans waiting for the team to return to the playoffs for the last FOURTEEN FREAKIN' YEARS!?! :blink:

Cardinals fans have their own special place in hell. One playoff appearance since 1987. Last championship game was 1947 when they were in freaking Chicago! Don't talk to me about hell until you've lived with a lifelong Cardinals fan!!

In the example of the Old Testament wrestling match ...

Where exactly in the Old Testament is this story you've been promoting?

BTW Pollack is not god and I won't name my children after him but I believe he will be a perennial pro bowl player and a staple on the Bengal defense for many years.

Where exactly in the Old Testament is this story you've been promoting?

Can't remember. I'm a dedicated pagan and freely admit it's been a long time since I've bothered reading actual scriptures. In fact, the thing that jolted my memory about the wrestling story was reading "Ken's Guide to the Bible", a hilarious Bible study book, written by a pagan, that I mistakenly let a friend borrow. That friend later explained to me that she forgot where she had gotten the book and had since given it to her father as a Christmas present. Nice. Regardless, I enjoyed reading the book so much that I've considered buying the guide again. It's filled with strange Bible related facts and stories, an overview of Bible chapters that have been deleted over time, and countless examples of religous hypocrisy. Links to actual Bible passages are included for those that assume Ken is just making stuff up. (Pagans don't do that. We're far too lazy to be bothered.)

Another hilarious book that I recently finished was "Towing Jehovah" by James Morrow. The plot goes like this. An angel appears before a disgraced skipper of an oil tanker who was responsible for a horrible spill. The angel explains that God (big G) has died and his two-mile long body has fallen into the Atlantic ocean. The angel promises to return the repaired ship to the skipper in exchange for him towing God's (big G) body to the arctic where it can be preserved. Along the way the body is attacked by WWII era bombers flown by pilots hired by atheists determined to sink proof of Gods (big G) existence. Now, here's where I spoil the ending. The moral of the story is that God (big G) looked down onto what the world had become and decided to die in an act of fatherly love...believing that his children would never truly become adults until they cast off the crutch of religion.

I haven't read it yet, but I hear in the sequel God's preserved body is turned into an amusement park.