Biggest Bengals Surprises...

chazf73

Robert Geathers is my pick to be the surprise of this years team...He's quick, strong and smart. Another Georgia boy making it big in stripes...others...Madieu, Keiwan, and Chris Perry are my other players that I believe will become Pro-Bowl players.....who's yours

Just becuase everyone (myself included) has been so down on him...

I nominate Chris Perry as the biggest surprise of the year. Catching out of the backfield and making key plays a la James Brooks. Who would not want that to happen?

Just to be different, Ratliff. I think he'll lock down the punt return game and provide a big play threat the special teams have lacked for years. Add in more reps at CB and I think he'll add a few picks as well. I'm going to pencil in two scores for the new Rattler.

BTW, I almost voted for Geathers but I don't think his breaking through will surprise that many. That said, I think Askew will become this seasons version of Geathers, a role player who doesn't get many chances but flashes big time skills when called on. Probably won't produce many stats worth bragging about on his own, but if he can provide solid relief for Thornton and others the numbers will come from the players around him.

Last, I couldn't bring myself to vote for Chris Perry. Not after wading through this offseason of pointless Rudi-bashing. So screw him, and let him get his homer love from others. (I know he will.)

Last year Madeiu was very good...this year he becomes great...pro bowl. I think he's the best player on our team. He is so good and so smart in 3 different positions...this year when they keep him free safety with more consistent talent around him he will be a star...he will outshine any safety in our division and that is saying something with ER and TP. He wil have 7 acks and 7 INT's...watch and enjoy my orange brothers.

Geathers will also be swell as hell.

The surprises will be the ones that eventually become starters this year and that list includes Ratliff, Geathers, Chris Henry and Odell Thurman.. All of the beforementioned will be starting before week 8 imo...

The guy I want to see succeed the most is Chris Perry.. I think he has unbelievable talent... Now to project that on to the playing field! Rudi and Chris will make an explosive tandem in the backfield....

i really like geathers too, but i think landon j could be big if he keeps his position and continues to improve like last year. madieu williams could also come into his own if he's allowed to concentrate on playing one position. offensively, there s no reason carson shouldn't push for a pro bowl spot with the array of talent he's got to aim at. will be really interesting to see chris perry too.

should be a goooood season!!!

jon

Just to be different . . . Jeremi Johnson. He's apparently in the best shape of his life, and BB would love to gameplan with a force at fullback. 400 yards rushing, 600 receiving, and 6 - 9 TDs.

The Big Orange  Posted on May 13 2005, 08:02 PM

Last year Madeiu was very good...this year he becomes great...pro bowl. I think he's the best player on our team. He is so good and so smart in 3 different positions...this year when they keep him free safety with more consistent talent around him he will be a star...he will outshine any safety in our division and that is saying something with ER and TP. He wil have 7 acks and 7 INT's...watch and enjoy my orange brothers.

I agree. Madieu is already solid and I agree on him becoming a star. I don't know about beating out Ed Reed, but he'll be damn good.

biggest surprise? will be warrick. he'll be the #2 by midseason, hes better than housh and he will prove it. i hope housh still plays good though and doesnt get threatened...cuz if they f**kin explode...f**k. and if henry does what hes supposed to do...when he comes in, get a big impact play once a game at least...dont do what washington did plz....

next will be Perry. hes gonna do some sick s**t...i can feel it.

then chad johnson. hes gonna have a huge f**kin year...i can feel 1600 yards and 10 tds at least.

then pollack i think will have a big year on D...i dont know what it is about that kid but he gives me a good feeling...not in a gay way u sickos! :blink:

then simmons. hes gonna want the playoffs bad...hes gonna be hungry.

Peter Warrick

If for nothing else because people still think the Bengals will cut him if he regains his form over the summer for some reason.

He's also one of the best punt returners in the NFL

With Chad, TJ and hopefully Henry stretching the field and making plays Warrick will have a field day on possession downs and turning games around with his big play ability and will ignite the crowd and the team to victory.

I am praying he is 100% by training camp and doesn't have any relapses of any sort this year - which is very possible.

Peter Warrick

If for nothing else because people still think the Bengals will cut him if he regains his form over the summer for some reason.

He's also one of the best punt returners in the NFL

With Chad, TJ and hopefully Henry stretching the field and making plays Warrick will have a field day on possession downs and turning games around with his big play ability and will ignite the crowd and the team to victory.

I am praying he is 100% by training camp and doesn't have any relapses of any sort this year - which is very possible.

why u copying me :D

Geathers will star at end which in turn will give justin smith some more freedom and this could lead to our first double sacking threat for a long time. This will also help the blitz which means obv pollack and odel/johnson will show us something only bad thing is can they stop the run as well only time will tell.

Offence wize I think TJ will have another good year. Biggest suprise will be Chris perry I think he will make up for lost time.