Reds/Phillies

skyline

Ok, we love to bash them when they're down (which they still are, technically), but let's stop and enjoy a rare moment of triumph after their win last night.

It's nice to see Dunn and Griffey power us to a win...last night is what they're paid to do, and they came through.

I probalby shouldn't even dare to say this, but..... It looks like Griff is starting to come around for the year. He's getting more hits and looks to be hitting with some more power the last week or so. Here's to some Improvement :huh:

Yeah, he's had a very solid couple of weeks.

Shew, that felt a little better! Reds went off in the 7th after being down 4-2 and ended up winning it 12-4. LaRue finnaly decided to get off his lazy butt and actually pick up a couple hits, one being his first HR of the season. Griffey and Dunn both hit back-to-back jacks in the 7th. Griffey's was a 3-run homer and Dunn's was a solo jack. Kearns had a very solid game going 3-4 with a 2B and 1 RBI. Freel and Lopez added had 3 hits each, and Randa had 2 hits and 2 RBI's to cap it all off!

Harang had another great outing going 8 innings giving up 4 ER(all in the first 4 innings)

Today, Elizardo Ramirez will make his first start of his career start against the team that traded him to the Reds last year in the Lidle deal. Vicente Padilla will go for the Phils.

I think it is time to bring up some guys from the minors. Let's see what we've got. In the process, we need to dump a few guys for more prospects. We are a long way off from being a contender.

BTW, does anyone think that Gullett and Miley will last until the All-Star game?

I think it is time to bring up some guys from the minors.

We have no one. None of our teams are above .500 in the minors.

I think Miley and Gullett are fine. They just have nothing to work with in terms of pitching.

Kirk, I like Miley and Gullett, but I don't know how long they will last.

I agree that the cupboard is bare but the kid that pitched yesterday was certainly an upgrade over the slop we've seen lately.

I am just very disappointed in the under acheivement of the team this year. I really expected things to be so much better because of the new pitchers we got this year. But there seems to be something fundamentally wrong with the whole thing.

Milton has been a bust, Ortiz has been hurt and Wilson is no better than a AA pitcher this year. I am perplexed. :wacko: