Castilla and Hawthorne taint their images.

Luis Castilla admitted using steroids to all 32 teams in a letter,, He took them right before the combine to enhance his workouts due to a nagging elbow injury...

Antaaj Hawthorne tested positive for marijuana usage.. Could this be why he's listless sometimes on the playing field...

both players stock will drop.. Too bad

Antaaj Hawthorne tested positive for marijuana usage. Could this be why he's listless sometimes on the playing field? Too bad

Yes, it is too bad. Hawthorne could have easily avoided this "listless" problem, and conversely we might now instead be gawking at the incredible time he recorded at the combines running the shuttles, if had he only said NO to Marijuana and simply been using amphetimines instead! But he's young. He'll learn. :rolleyes:

Luis Castilla admitted using steroids to all 32 teams in a letter,, He took them right before the combine to enhance his workouts due to a nagging elbow injury...

Antaaj Hawthorne tested positive for marijuana usage.. Could this be why he's listless sometimes on the playing field...

Actually it's being reported that Luis Castillo's draft status probably won't be hurt by his admission to taking steroids, mainly because he took them after his college football season was over. He was upfront about the situation back in February, it's just making news now though.

* On another note, Anttaj Hawthorne could still make it as a late first to mid second rounder. One report has been stated as " passing on Hawthorne may turn out to be like how teams passed on Warren Sapp ". One thing that most scouts agree on is how Hawthorne looks on film. He was a dominating player and helped make others around him better ( i.e. James and Washington ). Despite his lack of speed, he makes plays and is the best interior lineman in the draft by half of scouts asked.

Actually it's being reported that Luis Castillo's draft status probably won't be hurt by his admission to taking steroids, mainly because he took them after his college football season was over. He was upfront about the situation back in February, it's just making news now though.

* On another note, Anttaj Hawthorne could still make it as a late first to mid second rounder. One report has been stated as " passing on Hawthorne may turn out to be like how teams passed on Warren Sapp ". One thing that most scouts agree on is how Hawthorne looks on film. He was a dominating player and helped make others around him better ( i.e. James and Washington ). Despite his lack of speed, he makes plays and is the best interior lineman in the draft by half of scouts asked.

It certainly wouldn't hurt my feelings if Hawthorne was still there when the Bengals pick at #48...

It's not a given that either player will drop far. There are quite a few teams that have recently switched to the 3-4 who'll be picking from a very limited crop of players who fit that scheme. Thus, long before the news broke I felt that many of those players would likely go before their rankings suggested. Does that change now that the news is out? I'm not sure. How seriously do GM's consider the scourge of demon weed? How inclined are they to look the other way when steroids are used?

That said, I laughed pretty hard at Castillos explanation that he'd used steroids only once. Yeah, sure thing buddy.

I haven't heard that Hawthorne tested positive for steroids. He is one of the best DT's in the draft.I'm not that high on Castilla.I would'nt take Hawthorn in the 1st anyway.But , remember Tony MannderichG/T drafted in the first round?He got there on steriods and when he quit the 'roids he was never the same.

But at least if they are on steroids they are trying to improve their play for their team or their NFL dream.I think it shows poor character to cheat with 'roids or any other way.But at least they are'nt thugs beating people up and vandalizing private property,and have big time injury concerns like Channing Crowder

I haven't heard that Hawthorne tested positive for steroids. He is one of the best DT's in the draft.I'm not that high on Castilla.I would'nt take Hawthorn in the 1st anyway.But , remember Tony MannderichG/T drafted in the first round?He got there on steriods and when he quit the 'roids he was never the same.

But at least if they are on steroids they are trying to improve their play for their team or their NFL dream.I think it shows poor character to cheat with 'roids or any other way.But at least they are'nt thugs beating people up and vandalizing private property,and have big time injury concerns like Channing Crowder

Hawthorne test positive at the NFL Combine for Marijuana -- he wasn't trying to be a high draft pick -- He was just trying to get HIGH!!

Besides I'd rather take a thug who beats the crap outta people then a stoner.

Hawthrown is not a ML guy anymore, he isn't classy enough. I say we pick the guy who has never done anything wrong.

ummm....does it really matter? AT ALL? when are we as a society gonna get over this hyped-up remnant of right-wing anti-drug propaganda (aka: blatant lying) and leave people alone about how they choose to relax and spend their free time. Do they test for alcohol at the combine? I'd venture a guess that alcohol may have a great deal more to do with various problems, including "beating the crap outta people" -- though I realize that you say you'd rather have this trait...an odd preference, but whatever. He will be in cincinnati you know -- so watch out :D oh, and also, sorry to keep after you so much, BUT HOW IS PHYSICALLY ASSAULTING FELLOW HUMAN BEINGS "CLASSIER" THAN PUFFIN ON A FREAKIN JOINT? ????????????????

But of course, MANY people happily have a few beers at night and cause no problems - rightfully taking no flak for having indulged in this "substance" used for "getting a buzz." Let Antajj have his fun and freedom. What a weird country :(

There was only one good stoner in football, Michael Irvin.

Did you come up with that based on who's posted on NFL.com's offical roster of the "League's All Time-All Stoner Team?" With the exception of Roger Staubach, Tony Dorsett, and Randy White, almost the entire late '70's Dallas Cowboys team made it!

And to be fair, Ricky Williams didn't exactly suck. With the way he loved the herbage, I just know he had to be at least a little bit buzzed a few times during a game sometime in his career! :o

Sorry for the double post....boards acting a little funny tonight. <_<

I got rid of the 2nd one for you Hairy.

Just so you know in case it happens to you again, you could have deleted it yourself. Anyone may delete their own posts by hitting the delete button located on the bar just above the post's box.

There was only one good stoner in football, Michael Irvin.  Can't stand him on NFL Countdown, cuz all he talks about is TO.

My best Michael Irvin impression on countdown

" McNabb back to pass, throws it up and then theres TO, he catches it, I love TO,TO,TO,TO,TO,TO,TO,TO,TO, Donovan McNabb, TO,TO,TO,TO,TO,TO,TO, Cowboys, TO,TO,TO,TO,TO,TO,TO,To,TO,TO,TO,TO"

Berman

" I love Michael"

TJ

" Me too"

Steve

" Me too"

Mike

" Me too!"

There was only one good stoner in football, Michael Irvin.  Can't stand him on NFL Countdown, cuz all he talks about is TO.

My best Michael Irvin impression on countdown

" McNabb back to pass, throws it up and then theres TO, he catches it, I love TO,TO,TO,TO,TO,TO,TO,TO,TO, Donovan McNabb, TO,TO,TO,TO,TO,TO,TO, Cowboys, TO,TO,TO,TO,TO,TO,TO,To,TO,TO,TO,TO"

Berman

" I love Michael"

TJ

" Me too"

Steve

" Me too"

Mike

" Me too!"

It's even weirder considering TO is playing for his arch-rival.

I'd let it go if I was him.