Bengals getting Bashed

ravens#1

Quoting Jam31: And I know what you guys have been through, I watched the loss to SF in horror!

That statement alone...no matter who he roots for now, no matter what picture he includes with his posts, no matter our teams are in a mighty struggle for the division crown...that statement shows he shared our pain! To me, well, that makes him a brother.

And If Ravens fans are anything close to having the heart he shows here, I can't say I hate them either. (Yeah, I talk a little trash, but ignore that crap!) It takes guts to do what he does. Coming back to another teams site to talk football, not just smack! I enjoy his input. I hope the Ravens fans at Ravens Talk.com appreciate mine as much. (Yes, I still visit regularly when I'm not here!)

Let me finish up with this (And I know I'm gonna catch some flak for it I suppose, but I don't care!)...If the Bengals fortunes for this season don't play out as well as we hope, and the Ravens capture the AFC North title, I'll be pulling just as hard for them, just as I did when they went from wildcard to World Champs.

Just remember, Pillick's(I can't help myself) ring came because of Defense

Jesus Christ why am i defending Billick. I'm not saying that he created the best offense of all time in Baltimore but with the personnel he had, he knew how to use it (as in Minnesota). He was smart not to force the offense to make plays that would have a negative affect to the team, even allowed the defense to win it. The defense was, arguably, the best of our generation. We can't rely on having stats to force our opinions on stats, there's more to the game than that. He played his offense to what their strengths were, as he did with Minnesota.

He's a damned good coach, a proven winner in a lot of aspects in the game. I can't say that I like him, but I respect the job he's done. Now this Billick talk just about sucks and I'm moving on.

this is the first "smack" (albeit borderline tame) that I've ever seen from Kirkendall

Watch out man, I'm dangerous :lol:

And If Ravens fans are anything close to having the heart he shows here, I can't say I hate them either.

Actually I respect fans of any intelligence rooting for any team. I can't stand when people say, "Yea man, the Bengals suck". What am I going to say? "Well you suck more?" I can't fight that, I suck at trash talk.

But any time that I can go to my local bar, find a Browns fan and discuss logically and realistically about the game, our teams, and the NFL, then I'd a few beers with them enjoy the company. In fact, I'd rather have a beer with an intelligent logical Browns fan before I have a beer with a Bengals fan that can't control there consistant urges to cheer who-dey or Rudi Rudi Rudi every five damned minutes (experienced that last week, boy I almost hit him).

Hell I'd have a beer with anyone half way knowing the game, I'm a football hypie. :rolleyes:

Watch out man, I'm dangerous :lol:

Kirkendall,

I think there's more truth in that statement than you'd like us to believe. You surely have your own form with the vanacular, and you carefully pick where and how you want to employ it. That sure as hell doesn't mean you can't "bring it on" if you had to.

Probably not in the pure street "trash talk" manner...that just wouldn't be your style. It would probably be more of an obliteration with overwhelming facts and figures. In the Marine Corps we called that method victory through superior firepower! :P

If I remember right, weren't the Bengals close to going to LA?

As much as I hate the Browns, I really limit myself to the current Browns and not the Ravens (or former Browns). I like the Ravens, not better than the Bengals but I appreciate good football teams, quality scouting and coaching tenured to his players. they might hold a bit of bitter history with most of us, but they aren't the Browns anymore, they are back in Cleveland, hense, if it's Browns flush it down.

Wanna know something, Ravens fans and Bengals fans should be right now throwing jabs at each other. After all they are both in competition for that elusive AFC North title.

At least the Steelers have been a recognized force for a lot of years.

That's what annoys me about Steeler fans. They have won as many titles since the Bengals since 1980, sure they always get to the playoffs but in the end it doesn't mean a damn thing. I think Steeler fans tend to be more obnoxious because they keep bringing up history that no one gives a damn about anymore. At least the Bengals and the Browns (versions 1, 2, and 3) have one thing in common and that's no Super Bowl title. Actually forget that, we have nothing in common with the Browns, they are the goo that's attached to Mike Browns shoes.

Billy - that's why we've guys like you to take out the trash :lol: But I might do a little trash if Browns fans come by, god I hate the Browns. More reasons that one!

Several points here:

In regards to being on this site even though we played two weeks ago, we are just trying to provide a constant outside point of view. Also, it is entertaining to see what Bengals fans say in their own living rooms

In regards to Billick, say whatever you want. I'm not going to defend him here, since I spend half my time on RavensTalk defending him and Matt Cavenaugh.

In regards to hating the Ravens, that's the whole point. I feel proud of that hatred. I hate the Steelers. I HATE them. I don't hate you guys yet. The Steelers have beaten the tar out of us more than once, you guys may get into the playoffs over us based on the 43th tie breaker. Hatred is fueled by a mixture of envy, desire, and loss.

Lastly, in regards to the whole Browns Ravens Colts thing, I would like to augment certain points made by Jam. Let me say that the allegience any of us felt for teams during the era without Baltimore football was with reservation, as we always felt the lack of a home team. In response to the poster bitter about the fact that we are a big city, and noting that he didn't become a Carolina fan, i would like to say that when the Ravens showed up we didn't feel that we had a new option. Instead we felt that the prophecy had been fulfilled and that The One had returned. Again, it is hard to understand if you haven't lived it. It's part of the psychology of this town. The same way that decade of futility will be with you forever, so will our decade plus in purgatory.

In regards to hating the Ravens

I don't know if it's just me (probably is) but I don't hate the Ravens. I've always considered them, since the move to Baltimore, a worthy adversary if our team were ever to get off the ground. I respect them also because I think they have one of most talented teams in the game. I like Billick (again I'm from Minnesota) and everything that he's done with them. So I don't hate the Ravens. I do hate the Browns though and whether the Ravens used to come from Cleveland or not, they are not the Browns anymore. Anyway, take it easy on me fellas, I know I spoke against the Bengals Bible.

Don't do that to me.

My bad :D

At least the Steelers have been a recognized force for a lot of years.

That's what annoys me about Steeler fans. They have won as many titles since the Bengals since 1980, sure they always get to the playoffs but in the end it doesn't mean a damn thing. I think Steeler fans tend to be more obnoxious because they keep bringing up history that no one gives a damn about anymore. At least the Bengals and the Browns (versions 1, 2, and 3) have one thing in common and that's no Super Bowl title. Actually forget that, we have nothing in common with the Browns, they are the goo that's attached to Mike Browns shoes.

Billy - that's why we've guys like you to take out the trash :lol: But I might do a little trash if Browns fans come by, god I hate the Browns. More reasons that one!

Hey Kirkendall, I am all with you on the hate of the Browns. So much that I am pulling for the Ravens this week. I just can not now or EVER pull for the Browns. When you live in Ohio they seem to think they rule the state. Way too many Browns fans around. Espescially when you are north of Dayton.

WHODEY!