1st rd trade

cover2

Face it, the draft is a crapshoot. If there is no single player the team

deems a "must-have" then you trade down and pick up another selection.

I personally would not mind if they traded out of the 1st round altogether..

(assuming we were able to pick up an extra 2 and 3). Historically the Bengals

have done well in round 2...Dillon, Pickens, Collinsworth, Williams, Chad....Round 2 offers quality players who don't make the cash given to the top-ten. An added bonus is that they are often pissed about not being drafted in the 1st and play with

a chip on their shoulders.

Honestly, by trading down we will still be able to grab one of the dozen or so players mentioned in the last few weeks...T. Johnson, Merriman, T. Davis, Cody, B. Pool, etc. etc.

I like Blackstock but not as a 1st rd pick.

If the Bengals trade down w/ Seahawks, they oughta be able to get Kevin Burnett, Luis Castillo, or Shaun Cody. One of them 3 would be worth it IMO but I'm convincing myself more and more each day that the Bengals should stay at #17 and snag Thomas Davis....unless Davis goes before #17 then make a trade down.

There's still no guarantee that Davis goes before 17 anyway. His 40 time was the same as Mike Williams, and he still lacks coverage ability. I think if you graded him next to Brodney Pool, Pool would come out ahead, but people see in Davis what they saw in the Cowboys' Williams. A knock-out artist :D .

Davis is the harder hitter, but Pool may prove to be the better overall player.

Gimme a knock out artist and turn him loose on Jam :D

I'd like to, but Washington has Sean Taylor tied up pretty damn well right now. Wouldn't you!?! I know of no one currently playing right now in the NFL at his position that hit's harder than he does! The dude is SCARY!! :blink:

Gimme a knock out artist and turn him loose on JamĀ  :D

I'd like to, but Washington has Sean Taylor tied up pretty damn well right now. Wouldn't you!?! I know of no one currently playing right now in the NFL at his position that hit's harder than he does! The dude is SCARY!! :blink:

Taylor's unreal and even scarier because he could proly be a shut down CB or an All-Pro weakside backer.

Give him a couple more arrests and a few more on field disturbances like spitting on Housh and he may be available in a couple years. :blink:

Until then...it's the next best thing :D