UC Vs. UK maybe?

AGrizzlyBaer

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one would LOVE the matchup. Although I think that UC would give UK problems on the boards. UC is a fiercly rebounding team. I have been wanting to beat Huggins a## for years now. First things first though, we both must win our 1st round games..

After watching UK lose today, I'm not too sure UC wouldn't come out on top. I don't know what's wrong with Tubby's team, but they don't seem to have the presence of a dominant inside man. There's a distinct lack of getting the 2nd shot off the offensive boards.

Teams are also flat driving straight to the hoop without being challenged. The Wildcats got a lucky break versus LSU, but found the "luck bucket" was empty today. :(

UC still needs to beat Iowa and UC is very much a Jekyll and Hyde team and have been all season. They are awesome some games and terrible in the next ones. And Huggins has never been a good tournament coach. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised to see Iowa win, but I do have UC penciled in my bracket.

While UK wins ugly, they still win. UK only has 5 loses on the season and 2 of those were to Florida and 2 others were to top 10 teams. Florida is a really good team; they just have had some bad breaks. The only loss that was a stinker was at South Carolina. I really wasn't surprised to see UK lose to Florida on Sunday. They were tired coming into the game. This years team is not one that has the endurance to play three games in three days. Even if the game vs. LSU hadn't gone into overtime, they'd still have gotten worn out. Thankfully in the tourney you only have two games each weekend. Because of the lack of depth, I just have a feeling that Kentucky is more likely to lose on the second game of the given weekend rather than the first. If they come up against a running team for that second game, watch out. That said, if they face UC, I think the game will be close, but I believe it will come down to intangibles and I have to give the nod to UK in that area.

Nevertheless, I'd love nothing more than to see yet another Kentucky-Duke matchup for getting into the Final Four.

This is not a UK team as in years past and they have kind of lost that March mystique. I can remember for years whether they had good or great teams UK it seemed like always jumped to another level come march. Tubby hasn't been able to get that out of them the last few years. I for one blame Saul Smith :lol:

If you can't tell I grew up right on the Ohio-Kentucky border and the way those fans act(even when they don't know s**t about b-ball) has made UK my top hated sports team EVER. But since I've moved to Northern Ohio I don't have to deal with them much, so the Browns are catching up.

If you can't tell I grew up right on the Ohio-Kentucky border and the way those fans act(even when they don't know s**t about b-ball) has made UK my top hated sports team EVER.

That's funny. You are describing about 99% of UC fans that I have ever met. Most are ok though...they are just jealous of all the success and of course the 7 titles. I don't see how a team that quit against South Florida can win a game in the tourney but God I hope so.

While I agree UK was tired Saturday, they are anything but lacking in depth. They are one of the deepest teams in the tourny. They are young however. I love UK being a 2 seed, I think we got the best bracket, IMO.

Maybe I shouldn't have said that they were lacking depth. Granted the team is deep, but there is a clear imbalance of minutes between the starters and reserves. Of course the starters should get more minutes, but Hayes, Sparks, Azibuke and Rondo all seem to play about 30 minutes every game. The reserves are only in for 10 minutes or so. Just changing 30/10 to 25/15 would go a very long way to keeping the team fresh in a tournament situation.

I for one blame Saul Smith :lol:

Agreed! :lol:

If you can't tell I grew up right on the Ohio-Kentucky border and the way those fans act(even when they don't know s**t about b-ball) has made UK my top hated sports team EVER.  But since I've moved to Northern Ohio I don't have to deal with them much, so the Browns are catching up.

Just because we believe in our team, that's no reason to hate us. ;) And for what's it worth, I grew up right on the Ohio-Kentucky border, but I was on the right side of the river. :P

Just because we believe in our team, that's no reason to hate us.

Spoken like a true UK fan

Believe me, without getting into it too much, I have plenty of reasons to hate UK. It's kind of a family thing

And I used to give em hell over Saul

How close to the river did you grow up. I grew up right across from Maysville, KY if you know where that is

Look Buddy, I am making a joke, J-O-K-E. I'm not interested in a "my dad can beat up your dad" arguement. And I wouldn't defend Saul SMith, I don't see him burnign it up in the NBA anywhere. He's definitely no Wayne Turner   

I was serious. He would be starting for UC, at least he knew when to shoot and when not to shot.....Buddy! :lol::lol::lol:

What is this Shakespeaere " To shoot or not to shoot"

is doesn't matter if you were being seroius of not, some of us were having a light, easy conversation about KY and living on the Ohio KY border.

And Saul SMith didn't have any business in Division I basketball. He was riding his daddy's coattails and wasn't near the athlete his brother G.G. was

Wayne Turner is a hel* of a player for the Washington Nationals. :lol:

Lots of people hate on UK, but they do it while looking at the 7 Banners hanging in Rupp!! :P