A-Train Rolls Thru Town???

HoosierCat

It is clear now the Bengals are going to trade Rudi. Why else would they be looking at A-train a pure power runner?

I had the same thought...but if the Bengals want to trade Rudi he has to ink that franchise tender first...he was supposed to do that Wednesday...then it was today...still haven't heard anything.

From the almost-dead silence on the Rudi front from both sides, I have to think that if a trade is going down every party is involved, and all the details will be worked out in advance (which is probably against some rule somewhere but if Rudi doesn't complain the NFPLA won't, either).

But -- just for laffs -- imagine the chaos that would result if the Bengals simply signed Thomas and pulled the tag off Rudi... :ph34r:

It is clear now the Bengals are going to trade Rudi. Why else would they be looking at A-train a pure power runner? I don't mind two Michigan runnning backs in the backfield, and two Oregon State wrs as our starting wrs.

Also, keep in mind, this could be a result from Perry having complications on his recovery -- I'm not saying he is having them, but it's possible that's why a-train is in Cincy.

It is clear now the Bengals are going to trade Rudi.  Why else would they be looking at A-train a pure power runner?

I had the same thought...but if the Bengals want to trade Rudi he has to ink that franchise tender first...he was supposed to do that Wednesday...then it was today...still haven't heard anything.

From the almost-dead silence on the Rudi front from both sides, I have to think that if a trade is going down every party is involved, and all the details will be worked out in advance (which is probably against some rule somewhere but if Rudi doesn't complain the NFPLA won't, either).

But -- just for laffs -- imagine the chaos that would result if the Bengals simply signed Thomas and pulled the tag off Rudi... :ph34r:

I was thinking the same thing. What if they do just yank the tag off of Rudi? Like you said they can't do anything with him until he signs that franchise tag. A-train would be a hell of a lot cheaper than Rudi. All I got say is Chris Perry you better have a good season.

Also, keep in mind, this could be a result from Perry having complications on his recovery -- I'm not saying he is having them, but it's possible that's why a-train is in Cincy.

Anything is possible but you would think they'd be looking for a back more along the Perry/Kenny Watson mold then, right? Not another power runner with hands o' stone...?

Don't see any of that happening, but I could be wrong. Right now(things can change later) this is just a ploy to show Rudi and his agent that they don't need him as bad as they think they do. I would be shocked to see him sign as a bengal, especially since we tendered Watson too. This may be a message to Rudi to take their 5 or so mill offer and enjoy it or they will find their services somewhere els. If I'm anywhere right, I commend the bengals for sticking to their offer. But, I've been way off before.

DoThis may be a message to Rudi to take their 5 or so mill offer and enjoy it or they will find their services somewhere els.

Dude, I'm pretty sure that Rudi would be more than happy to become a UFA right now...I can think of about six teams that would be calling within the first 30 second he was on the market.

Rudi becoming an UFA would definately open Rudi up to more teams, and he will essentially get what he wanted in the first place a long term contract. I am sure Rudi was paying attention to what Jordan got, and said screw the Franchise Tag. It is a shame the Bengals aren't going to get anything in return for Rudi.

Anthony Thomas? Ugh. Just what we need, more mediocre, over-priced talent.

Who knows what the hell is going on.

Well if we signed Thomas, he would be much cheaper than rudi, yet he would be just as good on the field. With this we could trade rj away, and have perry/thomas at RB, it would be an upgrade as far as im concerned. Any draft picks we would gain trading rj would just be icing on the cake.

Most(not all) of the teams looking for a running back have an early draft pick. That was one of the main reasons Dennis Green passed on the Henry trade, cause he thought he could draft one and it would be cheaper and a better investment. Arizona and Miami and Cleveland are the first teams that come to mind, but they all pick in the top ten. Plus, Edge may be going on the market or be traded soon. I really don't think the market for Rudi is that high. The raiders flat out overpaid for Jordan and Rudi should be content with accepting roughly the same deal. if he can find him a deal for 6.5 mill a year, then OK. But the ONLY way he gets that deal is if we remove the tag and the Bengals arent' going to let him go for nothing.

Anything is possible but you would think they'd be looking for a back more along the Perry/Kenny Watson mold then, right? Not another power runner with hands o' stone...?

I don't know. I'm not apart of the front office, nor the training staff. But, from my perspective, the Bengals are still a power RB short (i.e. 3rd down and 1).

And I don't believe the team is underhanded enough to say Franchise with the purpose of long term deal and turn around to trade him. That would seem like a PR disaster. Then again, "it's a business" :lol::lol:

Id be willing to bet there will be NO sign and trade deal. I like Rudi and want him to stay a bengal, but his value on other teams is not high, definitely not two first round picks high, and with a franchise player we better get another franchise player in return. Name one team that will be interested. ANd we won't get Simon for Rudi, we had this conversation weeks ago

you dont have to give up the first rounders with a sign or trade deal. Plus Philly would love to have Rudi's services. PLUS why are we meeting with A-train then? You already have three running backs. That would be retarded to sign a solid fourth one. You can't cut Perry because that would just make no sense and by signing A-train it would make Perry's value worthless, and you cant cut Watson, because he has been nothing but solid. So if the bengal's are talking with running backs, there has to be talks with at least Philly and Seattle right now!

I know that, but the compensation from signing another player under the franchise tag is two first round picks. Unless we ship out more, Philly will not take him for Simon and Seattle will not take him for SA. We'd have to give up more than we get and that won't happen. I say Rudi plays next year under the franchise tag and then hits FA next year after we've seen Perry. And if Perry don't turn out then we'll all be having this conversation again next year.

Do you remember the Champ Bailey-Cliton Portis trade last year?

Champ Bailey and Clinton Portis were franchised playerd and were singed and traded. WHat the sign and trade means, you sign him to the one year tender, and then negotiate with the other player for a deal. SO that mean't Denver signed Bailey and the Washington signed Portis. Then they were traded w/o giving up draft picks. Thats what that mean, and That would work out perfect with SA or Simon.

You don't have to explain it to me, I know what sign and trade is(Hooked on phonics worked for me!) But if you think that Philly or Seattle will make that deal straight up your crazy. I love Rudi, but he isn't in the same stratoshere as Portis. This is Apples and oranges right now.