Warrick must be broken

walzav29

If the Bengals cut Warrick they will be screwed.  Because TJ is worthless

Err, 72 catches, many of them clutch catches, is not what I call worthless.

*shrug*

we each have our own definitions of what makes a WR worthwhile, I suppose. I personally like the ones that catch passes, but that's just me.

and was a waste of $13 mil(which i cant understand why any Bengals fan would agree with resigning him for that much money).

I think 13 million was too much for him, despite the fact that I like the guy. But a waste? Maybe some of it. Not all.

Wouldn't be suprised if TJ has a below-average season or get hurt.

Possible. Injuries are hard (impossible?) to predict.

The Bengal's would miss Pdubb's speed and agility.  If you think TJ is better than Warrick, you're insane.

Warrick when fully healthy and motivated is an outstanding player, clearly better than TJ in my mind. But you seem to think TJ is worthless, and that's where I think you have it wrong.

It's also wrong to think of Warrick as a speed guy....he never was a speed guy and never will be a speed guy.

TJJackson Posted on Mar 4 2005, 05:30 PM

It's also wrong to think of Warrick as a speed guy....he never was a speed guy and never will be a speed guy.

Sorry dude, thats why we drafted him because he had insane speed in college and good hands. That was the only thing we were really attracted to about him, because he was soo incredibly fast. And don't tell me you haven't seen how fast he because if you haven't then you must not watch many bengals games.

Oh........ :player: i luv this topic. TJ is the BEST receiver we have. this was proven his 1st yr. only one to run the CORRECT and PROPER routes. too bad he got hurt. why did they keep him? he answered that on his own last year. now CJ; this kid is good. way too much mouth and tiresome. drops too many from lack of concentration. but a definite hard working, dedicated player; needs more team concept. glad he's a bengal. then there's pdub; sorry 'bout the injury, no really; but admitted cutting routes short; if you watched he didn't run patterns out if he wasn't the primary receiver. great ability gone sour. :blink: more of a 'tude then cj. the 2 best conditioned receivers: the 2 j's; c 'n t. so......... as proffesional athletes, these guys are good, make no mistake about it; but luv it, like it, or leave it, the bottom line is c ya pdub; thanks for the effort. oh.....and while your at it....take rudi w/ you. free the salary cap and get a back with GREAT, not good, hands. :P

halp Posted on Mar 4 2005, 09:34 PM

TJ is the BEST receiver we have. this was proven his 1st yr. only one to run the CORRECT and PROPER routes. too bad he got hurt. why did they keep him? he answered that on his own last year.

The Only reason TJ did as good as he did was because of Pdubb injury. If it wasn't for that we wouldn't even know if TJ was still in the league at this time because he would of shurley been cut.

don't tell me you haven't seen how fast he because if you haven't then you must not watch many bengals games.

Been a Bengals fan for about 20 year now, watch every game I can, even during all the terrible years in the recent past.

Warrick isn't a speed guy. Sorry. You're alone in that thinking.

That said, he has been when healthy an excellent receiver. Steve Largent and Jerry Rice weren't speed guys either, but they got the job done....

The Only reason TJ did as good as he did  was because of Pdubb injury.

Completely incorrect.

If you restate it that "TJ only got the opportunity he did because of the injury to Warrick" then you might be closer to the truth.

But the fact that Warrick was injured did not make TJ's hands better, or improve his route running. Warrick's injury did not make TJ a better receiver.

TJ's own talent, experience, and practice made him as good as he was.

If the Bengals cut Warrick they will be screwed. Because TJ is worthless and was a waste of $13 mil(which i cant understand why any Bengals fan would agree with resigning him for that much money). Wouldn't be suprised if TJ has a below-average season or get hurt. The Bengal's would miss Pdubb's speed and agility. If you think TJ is better than Warrick, you're insane.

TJ is worthless? :blink: Obviously Marvin begs to differ, as do I. And I don't think that TJ is better than a healthy Peter YET! IMO TJ improved with every game played last season. With that under his belt, I wouldn't be surprised to see him make the skeptics change their mind about his contract towards the end of next season! Well at least I hope he does!

Sorry dude, thats why we drafted him because he had insane speed in college and good hands. That was the only thing we were really attracted to about him, because he was soo incredibly fast. And don't tell me you haven't seen how fast he because if you haven't then you must not watch many bengals games.

He ran a 4.6 at the NFL combine where NFL scouts and coaches do the timing(not a coach that you've known for years).On his best day he might run a 4.5(with a good tailwind).I believe you're confusing speed with quickness and elusiveness.

Warrick's combine time

I believe you're confusing speed with quickness and elusiveness.

I don't think Jerry Rice, nor Steve Largent were ever regarded as being especially "speedy", yet look where those two slugs ended up on the all time catch list!

Excuse me for asking but just where do you get your information from concerning Warrick and TJ? For one, Warrick isnt fast.. Fast, by today's standards in the NFL, is 4.4 or less and Warrick hasnt even come close to that type of time in his life.

Did you actually see him run at the combine? I did, and he's not fast..He'd be lucky to run a 4.55 on his best day.. With the injuries he's sustained I doubt if he can run a 4.60 anymore so get off the fast kick please..

T.J. has good hands and runs good routes plus he wanted to be a Bengal.. Probably took a little less money to stay here.. It sends a message to other players that if you work hard you'll be rewarded... Isnt that what hard work is about?

If your going to make statements and accusations at least back them up with some facts...