Warrick must be broken

walzav29

One nice possibility with PW is he's under a bearable contract for a lot of teams and could potentially be traded for a draft pick, say a 4 or 5. Hell, maybe a 3. I can dream.

That said, I will always hold PW in great esteem due to his performance in the game against the previously undefeated KC Chiefs a couple years ago. Chad wrote the check, Warrick paid it. But football is a business, and you can't stockpile guys anymore unless they are willing to take major cuts in salary.....

healthy or not i think he's gone. they will still probably add one in the draft and you still got the squirrel too......waricks days are numbered as bad as i hate to say it because with him if he is healthy is lights out on third downs.

Agree on all points. The TJ signing might have reduced the need to select a WR in early rounds...an idea I was never fond of...but I've always thought the chances were good that the Bengals would use a mid round pick to add a role playing WR capable of starting in a couple of seasons. They might even wait a year before pulling this trigger, ehh?

That said, I see no trade of Warrick coming...healthy or not...just a dramatically increased probability that he'll be allowed to leave without any fight when his current contract expires.

I'm going to disagree completely with this thread. Every single time they talked about money on the site, he was compared to Brandon Stokely, they said they wouldn't approach his number. He is the #1 third WR in the NFL, not a second WR. They are still planning on PW playing. the problem PW had was a bubble inside his leg right at the break so it wouldn't heal properly. Once that problem was taken care of, it's not different than the injury that Travis Henry played on and gained 1400 yards for a full season. It's not a bad injury, but bad complications. That's why Marvin said he had to get tougher and why he tried to play each week. They didn't know about the bubble until later. Kelley came on at the end of the year, but it's clear they had no faith in him at all until later in the year. He barely played at all in the first 8 weeks. Kevin Walter got more snaps than Kelley it seemed.

It says on PFTalk.com that both Warrick and Kelley want out. To kelley I say take your stupid dance somewhere else, but Warrick will play out next year in stripes and hit the free agent market running. If he's healthy I still expect him to be the #2 and him and TJ will have a great training camp battle for it. I think 100% or not warrick will have a really good year so he can earn that free agent payday

It says on PFTalk.com that both Warrick and Kelley want out. To kelley I say take your stupid dance somewhere else, but Warrick will play out next year in stripes and hit the free agent market running. If he's healthy I still expect him to be the #2 and him and TJ will have a great training camp battle for it. I think 100% or not warrick will have a really good year so he can earn that free agent payday

Re: PFT---talk about unsubstantiated rumor mongering. Every write-up I have seen says TJ called and talked to Warrick last night. No indication that that went badly. I refuse to assume there are only enough balls for CJ and Housh. A receiving attack with a healthy P-Dub, assuming they keep him, would be devastating.

It says on PFTalk.com that both Warrick and Kelley want out. To kelley I say take your stupid dance somewhere else....

This might be a little far-fetched but does anyone think Kelley W is big enough to play tight end? During last year that thought hit me a few different times and I wonder if that might be a possibility. I don't know how he compares to Schoebel or RKelly size-wise but he seems pretty big.

I know that's a major change but he would be another great weapon to throw to and it would keep him on the field as a check-down receiver. Obviously blocking and blitz pickups would have to be learned and he would probably need to bulk up a little.

A healthy and hongry PDub would be give the Bengals the best WR trio in NFL IMO.

But if the Bengals are going to cut him, I'd like to see them do it immediately out of respect to him. As far as I can tell, a lot of his problems from missing games have come since he came back a week after getting his knee scoped to do all he could for the playoff drive in 2003. That ought to count for something...business or not.

Honestly what team is going to be able to cover CJ, TJ v2.0, and PW and guard against the run?

Exactly, Palmer will have a freakin' field day with those 3 on the field at the same time...no one can cover those 3 as a whole - no one.

What sucks is that Rudi and Warrick will probably both be gone after this coming season and that's a shame. I don't see how Rudi is going to be happy with a one year deal again and a reduced workload with Perry taking up more carries either.

Actually, Since T.J.'s deal is so cap friendly over the next few seasons, I honestly don't have a problem with the Bengals working these situations out.

# 1. Peter Warrick and his 2.8 million dollar salary remain this season, and since he'll be a restricted Free Agent after the '05 season we trade him away for Draft picks next year.

# 2. One of the top receivers like Williams, Edwards,or Williamson and his 4.38 speed fall to # 17 ( especially if Travis Johnson is gone ) and we grab one of them.And trade P-dub or K-dub.

# 3. Keep Warrick, and Send Kelley Washington packing ! - Draft pick, nothing worse than a 4th.

# 4. According to NFL Network - Peter Warrick will be shopped during the Summer, I say since the Giants need a receiver so bad, Let's see how bad they want one and force them to offer their 3rd in this years draft. ( Maybe a 4th ;) ) Jaguars,Titans,Chiefs or Panthers maybe?- six weeks is a long time to consider a guy before the draft hits.

Net to mention the colts trio, but we have a more than respectable WR corps. I think it's a great idea to give that many weapons to a young QB. With all those weapons plus Rudi and Perry running we can beat teams anyway we want.Stack the line like teams did last year and CJ & co make you pay Now, if we can get a little help on the defensive end we'll be jsut fine

A healthy and hongry PDub would be give the Bengals the best WR trio in NFL IMO.

Did you forget about Randy Moss, Jerry Porter and Ronald Curry? Nobody comes close to those three.

nah dude. CJ, healthy PW and TJ v2.0 are better, especially when you look at who's throwing the ball. Not up to Indy IMO, but way better than Oakland.

Warrick wil not be cut.....we kept housh's then worthless ass for an entire year while he was injured.. think.

Marvin knows our offense is capable of being the best in the NFL maybe not on paper but in stats it can be.

He'll keep warrick cause he knows warrick is clutch, and he does seem to show up in pressure situations....can;t wait for a healthy wrrick as our #2 wr, and us running and assload of 3wr sets.

Did you forget about Randy Moss, Jerry Porter and Ronald Curry? Nobody comes close to those three.

nah dude. CJ, healthy PW and TJ v2.0 are better, especially when you look at who's throwing the ball. Not up to Indy IMO, but way better than Oakland.

I don't know how you can say that. Moss is better than CJ, Jerry Porter is better than TJ, Warrick of two years ago is better than Ronald Curry, but we don't know if we have the Warrick of two years ago.

I agree with you on Indy's receivers. The one thing Indy and Oakland has is two receivers on the outside that can stretch the field, currently on CJ can do that for us.

Warrick wil not be cut.....we kept housh's then worthless ass for an entire year while he was injured.. think.

Marvin knows our offense is capable of being the best in the NFL maybe not on paper but in stats it can be.

He'll keep warrick cause he knows warrick is clutch, and he does seem to show up in pressure situations....can;t wait for a healthy wrrick as our #2 wr, and us running and assload of 3wr sets.

:lol:

TJ wasn't making 3.6 million dollars either.

Bye Peter.

Um, hate to break it to ya, but PW and TJ play . . .

THE SAME DA*# POSITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When we run three receiver sets, the outside receiver opposite CJ will be KW with either . . . E I T H E R . . . PW or TJ in the slot.

Neither PW or TJ have the speed to play on the outside consistantly. I still look for PW to be dealt before the draft.

Well... :rolleyes:

Even w/ P-Dub's 11 catches last year, the Bengals trio caught 16 more passes than the Raiders 3.

Even if you substitute Moss' 2003 year of 111-1,632 for his 2004 numbers and P-Dubs 79-819 in 2003 for 2004, the Bengals trio still caught 22 more than the Raiders 3.

But the Raiders 3 caught way more TDs than the Bengals 3. Some better playcalling by Drunkowski in the red zone and a healthy P-Dub and I say

Hell yeah the Bengals got the better 3 WRs

The Bengals trio caught 16 more passes w/ P-Dub's 2003 number than Colts 3 in 2004. Before 2004, Stokely's best catch total was 24. Marvin Harrison is great but on the verge of starting to decline (maybe :rolleyes: ) . So with Carson Palmer coming out w/ a year under his belt ready to kick a$$ I say

Hell yeah the Bengals got the better 3

Now, overall passing game the Colts are way better but not because of their WRs and not quite because of Manning. TEs like Dallas Clark and Marcus Pollard and James as a receiver in the backfield still give the Colts the edge over Bengals there.

If the Bengals cut Warrick they will be screwed. Because TJ is worthless and was a waste of $13 mil(which i cant understand why any Bengals fan would agree with resigning him for that much money). Wouldn't be suprised if TJ has a below-average season or get hurt. The Bengal's would miss Pdubb's speed and agility. If you think TJ is better than Warrick, you're insane.