Can the media stop making CD look like the victim?

Dan2330

Sick and tired of everyone talking about all of CD's bad years in Cincy. They make him sound like such a victim, let's see does a victim:

Show up late for training camp?

Miss a game due to a 'car accident?'

Toss his pads into the stands and claim he is done with his team?

CD plays up how badly he was treated in Cincy. The only thing I have to say is just how much money was he given on that contract extension by the Bengals a few years ago.

CD take your millions of dollars, your hatred of the Bengals, and that stupid ass Visa commerical and shove it. Hope Jerry Porter blows you up next week in the Championship Game...

Yea every time that commercial comes on I cuss at the TV. It sucks I have to root for either one of those teams next week. I wish there were a way both the Pats and Steelers could lose.

F U Leon!!

That commercial rocks.

Did you guys like the game he played today? He was awesome. 23 carries 144 yards, add to that 5 catches for 17 yards. Not to mention a couple clutch runs for first downs when it looked like he was down. He carried his team. That 42 yard run he showed speed that rudi could only dream of, rudi johnson loses 2 yards on that play. I know you were all hoping he would suck today so you could make a post saying dillon sucks, unfortunately for you guys he kicked ass and you were forced to make fun of him because the media shows him the respect he deserves. Lame.

Corey Dillon on a broken arm is better then Rudi Johnson.

Take Corey Dillon and all of his problems, as soon as things start going against him, he will act the victim and will become a cancer in the Patriots clubhouse.

Umm, it took him 7 consecutive seasons of losing for him to finally break and ask to go to a new team. Dont act like the bengals were doing good, then had a bad year and he asked to leave, thats not how it is.

I guess Big Willie and Brian Simmons are loser chumps for sticking through the bad times and being leaders on the team. Not to mention being upscale human beings. #28 just couldnt stand that Marvin Lewis was going to come in and prove that there is more to football in Cincinnati than corey dillon. He is a "me first" player with some skill. If the pats start losing, dillon will start the smack talking and it will be the same situation all over again.

That commercial rocks.

Did you guys like the game he played today? He was awesome. 23 carries 144 yards, add to that 5 catches for 17 yards. Not to mention a couple clutch runs for first downs when it looked like he was down. He carried his team. That 42 yard run he showed speed that rudi could only dream of, rudi johnson loses 2 yards on that play. I know you were all hoping he would suck today so you could make a post saying dillon sucks, unfortunately for you guys he kicked ass and you were forced to make fun of him because the media shows him the respect he deserves. Lame.

Sorry babe, but that ad was retarded. "This is our house, yeah yeah, hut hut uh like this is really our house. Yeah, its still our house..."

Unless you have a towel wrapped around your head and a crystal ball and a 1-800 hot line, you dont know what Rudi could do in that game. Rudi is young. Cory isn't. Rudi has years to go. Cory doesn't. I give Cory a good 2-3 before he retires. Rudi has a bold future ahead of him.

Dontpushme, pull your head out of Cory's extra small jock strap before you get a rash.

That commercial rocks.

That's ridiculous. Dillon made no real move to break free on that run...just ran through a huge hole and broke outside...where he was eventually pulled down after being caught from behind by the FS. IMHO there is no way Dillon gets caught on that play earlier in his career. In fact, I doubt Rudi Johnson or Kevin Faulk would have been caught at all on that play had they been the ball carrier.

All of which reminds me that I watched Dillon break a 47 yarder earlier in the season. On that play too, he made no moves...yet went completely untouched...before being brought down by a chasing LB. A very nice gain, but Dillon looked so slow on the play I actually looked behind him to see if I could figure out what he must have been pulling. From the look of things I was thinking something like a small trailer, or perhaps a Craft-Matic Adjustable bed.

Bottom Line: We'll never know what Rudi Johnson might produce running behind Patriot blockers, but rushing behind almost exactly the same O-line as Dillon previously worked with Rudi Johnson rushed for more yards in a single season than Dillon ever did.

Take Corey Dillon and all of his problems, as soon as things start going against him, he will act the victim and will become a cancer in the Patriots clubhouse.

It's sad Corey is on the Patriots, because I used to cheer for them in the playoffs but not any more, Corey Dillon is a Grade A Jerk.

jeezus, it's obvious u went to moeller I wouldn't even tell people that.

That commercial rocks.

Exactly that commercial does, rock. The fact is it's true. He deserved his spot on the commercial, he ran for 3rd most yds in the league, often leaving games early because his team had such large leads and even missing a game.

The man's the best damn pure running back seen in the past 8years, and we let him go.

It's great to be having Madiue Williams, but I'm sorry Rudi Will never be what Corey Dillon was to this team.

That commercial rocks.

Wow I didn't realize dillon had a broken arm all those years! Whoo! That makes me feel better to know Corey was injured and that's why it only took Rudi 1 full year to break his rushing record! Thanks!

As*hat.

That's ridiculous. Dillon made no real move to break free on that run...just ran through a huge hole and broke outside...where he was eventually pulled down after being caught from behind by the FS. IMHO there is no way Dillon gets caught on that play earlier in his career. In fact, I doubt Rudi Johnson or Kevin Faulk would have been caught at all on that play had they been the ball carrier.

I agree. The Pats o-line controlled the line of scrimmage all day, run or pass. They opened huge holes in the run game (for Faulk, who had something like 70 all purpose yards, as well as CD) and kept the heat on Manning the whole game. That isn't to say CD didn't have a good game, he did, but any NFL-caliber RB busts 100 yards with the kind of blocking he had yesterday.

I agree. The Pats o-line controlled the line of scrimmage all day, run or pass. They opened huge holes in the run game (for Faulk, who had something like 70 all purpose yards, as well as CD) and kept the heat on Manning the whole game. That isn't to say CD didn't have a good game, he did, but any NFL-caliber RB busts 100 yards with the kind of blocking he had yesterday.

Dillon is a better back than Rudi. Dillon does more to make people miss than Rudi. Dillon breaks tackles better than Rudi. Dillon accelerates better than Rudi, and Dillon catches the ball better than Rudi. The blocking up front wouldn't look so good if the back couldn't find and get to the soft spots. Dillon didn't carry the Pats, but he definitely had runs for positive yards that would probably have been 1 or 2 yard losses for Rudi Johnson.

I like Rudi, and it is better for the Bengals to have him than Dillon, but people are being typically myopic about the whole situation. The truth is that Dillon has probably restrained himself from saying a lot that could be said about the local fans and media, which contributes to the bizarre nature of his comments and actions. If he told it like it really is, he'd have been more clearly understood, but he'd REALLY come off looking bad. It's a kindness to leave it as a matter of the organization and its record on the field. I'm sure that there's more to it than that.

It takes a certain mindset to be a high-profile guy in Cincinnati, where everybody wants it to be 1953 again - ignoring the fact that it will never be 1953 again and 1953 wasn't all it's cracked up to be in the first place. I've seen guys handle Cincinnati with dignity, I've seen them ingratiate themselves to the locals without dignity, and I've seen them needlessly alienate the locals and make trouble for themselves and their organizations.

Dillon falls somewhere in between. He's not angel, but the demonization that goes on here is more symptomatic of the local mindset than Dillon's. The rest of the world takes him for what he is - a complex, not entirely sympathetic character that did what he could to escape from football Siberia. A lot of people outside of cloistered little Cincinnati recognize that the 1953 fantasy of the sacred football hero doesn't exist, that Dillon has proven himself as a jock in American Entertainment Babylon, and that the Bengals are the ones left with the job of proving that they're not the "same old Bengals" that any self-respecting jock would try to get away from. Fortunately, the Bengals are making strides to do that.

People also forget that the much beloved James Brooks came to Cincinnati from San Diego with a "bad attitude" tag. Brooks was neither a trouble-maker nor a success story. He was really a rather pathetic figure that was good at playing football.

The NFL is a soft-core gladiatorial spectacle and cut-throat business with an excellent P/R operation. None of it conforms to the warm and fuzzy 1953-style reverie of so many fans. Rudi Johnson is a good back, Dillon is a better back, and there are better backs than both. I respect what they do on the field - it's good for a little entertainment, and I get to play analyst. I don't pretend that much else about them matters to my existence than that. If a guy doesn't fit in one environment and fits in another, more power to him.

I absolutely refuse to waste my time on a player that no longer plays here, but here is something about the patsies I thought of yesterday that I thought was funny, but I could be wrong. Didn't the pats used to be owned by that old guy that sold Remington shavers. If it is true, then isn't it kind of funny that the Pats stadium is Gillette stadium. :P

I'm sorry Rudi Will never be what Corey Dillon was to this team.

All things considered...that's not too bad of a thing!

well Chad Johnson is the Corey dillon of today.

Rudi Isn't the #1 player on O and never will be, I want a top 5 rb, not just a top 15. especially since we can get one.

Dillon is a better back than Rudi.

That's true, but since right now Dillon is better than 25 or 30 other starting NFL RBs, that isn't saying very much. And the fact that Kevin Faulk was averaging better than 5 yards a lug on a not-insignificant 11 carries is ample evidence that any decent back could have cracked triple-digits running behind NE's o-line yesterday.

That commercial rocks.

Do you have relatives in Buffalo?

Corey Dillon is an ass. Yes, he is a very good RB, and running behind the Pats' O-Line certainly hasn't hurt his ability, but while Pats fans say that we have an abnormal fixation on hating Corey Dillon, Corey Dillon has an abnormal fixation on hating the Bengals and the city of Cincinnati. How many interviews has he had this year where he talks about his "escape" from Cincinnati, where he trashes all over the Bengals, where he laughs when asked about the future success of his former team? Rather than going to NE with grace and leaving the past behind, Corey seems to be hell-bent on making everybody feel sorry for him because he was the best player on a losing team.

Times are different now...obviously these Bengals aren't the Bengals that Corey played for, and it is too bad that he couldn't stick around and reap the rewards of his hard work, but Corey didn't want to have competition, and when it looked like the success of the team wouldn't be built around him he demanded a trade to a playoff team. Now, when he gets everything that he wanted, he can't seem to let the past go and move on, and that is why we have such a hard time feeling sorry for him or rooting for him.

So yes, Dillon is a good RB, but he is also a cherry-picker and a whiner. If he had left and kept his ignorant mouth shut then we wouldn't have a problem with him, but, since that is not the case, let us hate him as much as he hates all of us.

See how you feel about Dillon if the Pats have a bad season. Also, I don't see why you spend so much time on our site talking about Dillon when you should be on the Steelers site running your bandwagon smack.

BN1281