Good Article on Dillon

Ox

Corey is a c@ck sucking f@ggot. It's real easy to be good guy when everything is going good, how hard is that? It's when times are tough that the true character of a man is shown and Corey showed his true character, a whiny bitch. How can he say immature things like the o-line doesn't block hard for me? If that is how he felt then get off your high horse and talk to your o-line, they all speak english. For Corey to go to NE and turn into the perfect teammate shows what c*ck sucker he is, seriously. If he was a real superstar he would have stayed here and made it work, just like Madden said on MNF. Btw, that the best comment Madden made all season, imo.

The only reason why he likes NE is because he likes to stare at Brady's ass when he in the backfield, thats all. :wub:

Oh yeah, f#ck Corey, I hope he gets the SuperBowl only to fumble 4 times and lose the game.

[We have all been much more of an ass in our lives than we'd like to think.  Dillon may or may not be worse than any of us in his behavior toward the Bengals.  But, the healthy thing is to let it go.

I agree. However, it isn't me -- or even Bengals fans at large -- who can't stop talking about CD & the Bengals. It's Dillon himself. I think the team concept still has a bit more solidity than you believe, TT, and that they way he left eats at some part of him. Thus we keep getting articles like this, full of half-baked justifications like "the o-line was sabatoging me" stuff.

Personally, I'd be happy to move on, Unfortunately, Dillon won't get out of the way.

Next time, don't read the article.

Again, Dillon should have left earlier. He behaved reasonably well on a loser up until a certain point. If he wanted to win so badly, he shouldn't have signed another contract. My problem with Dillon has more to do with his being stupid and naive than his violating the win-on-for-the-Gipper mentality. But, the idea that he owed it to fans to buy into Marvin Lewis' thing, is beyond the pale. It may or may not have been better for him to do so than not to, but that's between the guys that actually strap it on and bang heads for a living. Fans (and mere enthusiasts like me) try to live these little love-stories vicariously, but none of us are really in the position to do a very good job of it. Once more, it's healthier to turn the channel, flip the page and live life.

Reading stuff that's posted here is part of the deal I agreed to when I accepted an offer to become a mod. And as I said way back in my first post on this thread, I'd already seen the article, and hadn't felt any need to rush out here and post it. So I wasn't looking to make a proverbial Federal case out of Dillon's continued carping about a team he no longer plays for. Now that I think about that, perhaps I have moved on more than I thought. Too bad Corey hasn't.

But, the idea that he owed it to fans to buy into Marvin Lewis' thing, is beyond the pale.

I never said any such thing. It isn't a question of owing anything to the fans, it's a question of fulfilling the contract you signed (a point you made) and giving a new and respected head coach the benefit of the doubt -- if for no other reason than for guys like Big Willie who, as Hair noted, have played a big role in your own personal success.

Marginally related aside -- one that oldschooler will no doubt enjoy given our past conversations regarding Rudi and fumbling: was browsing profootballweekly.com today and in their whispers column there's a note regarding Corey & the Pats. It appears that they're concerned about CD's propensity to put the ball on the ground. It could have an impact once they turn to renegotiating CD's contract, which appears to be a given since he'll count something like $6 million vs. the Pats cap next season...

Reading stuff that's posted here is part of the deal I agreed to when I accepted an offer to become a mod. And as I said way back in my first post on this thread, I'd already seen the article, and hadn't felt any need to rush out here and post it. So I wasn't looking to make a proverbial Federal case out of Dillon's continued carping about a team he no longer plays for. Now that I think about that, perhaps I have moved on more than I thought. Too bad Corey hasn't.

But, the idea that he owed it to fans to buy into Marvin Lewis' thing, is beyond the pale.

I never said any such thing. It isn't a question of owing anything to the fans, it's a question of fulfilling the contract you signed (a point you made) and giving a new and respected head coach the benefit of the doubt -- if for no other reason than for guys like Big Willie who, as Hair noted, have played a big role in your own personal success.

Marginally related aside -- one that oldschooler will no doubt enjoy given our past conversations regarding Rudi and fumbling: was browsing profootballweekly.com today and in their whispers column there's a note regarding Corey & the Pats. It appears that they're concerned about CD's propensity to put the ball on the ground. It could have an impact once they turn to renegotiating CD's contract, which appears to be a given since he'll count something like $6 million vs. the Pats cap next season...

Fair enough.

Dillon and Lewis couldn't coexist. In the coach's first team meeting, he announced, "We got a stud at tailback, and we gonna ride him." But Lewis never had Dillon's ear.

Lewis tried patching things up by sending every player and staffer to Dillon's charity golf tournament, but by training camp the coach was seeing the paranoid Corey. When Lewis asked Dillon to play heavy preseason minutes and urged him to talk to the media, Dillon became convinced Lewis was "messing" with him. "I guess he wanted to make me an example," he says. "But that's not how I work."

When Dillon suffered a knee injury in the second game of the season and began sharing carries with Rudi Johnson, his time as a Bengal was essentially over. A perturbed Dillon told Lewis that the offensive line blocked harder for Johnson than for him, and Lewis called Anderson and Dillon in for a meeting. "Marvin was pissed off," Anderson says. "But he wanted Corey on board so bad he addressed it. He said, 'Let's look at the film,' and we found no games like that. Corey was like, 'Well, nobody likes me.' I said, 'Corey, linemen may be intimidated by you or don't know you, but everybody's blocking.'"

But this is what Dillon said May 22nd of 2003.

Corey Dillon said the Bengals face a 'battle' in the AFC North this season. But come December, the three-time Pro Bowl tailback said Wednesday, a new team will be wearing the crown. 'I pick us,' he said when asked for a favorite. 'I go with us. I'm saying if I were a betting man, I would bet on us. I just feel confident about what we're doing.' The Bengals are 26-70 in Dillon's six seasons. But he said he is impressed by the organizational changes instituted by rookie coach Marvin Lewis.

'You break it down by personnel, player against player across the board, we match up with anybody,' Dillon said after an on-field coaching session. 'We just needed a little something extra, and Marvin has brought that. Marvin expects a lot out of you, but he's a players' coach. You are a reflection of what your coach is. If your coach is soft, your team is soft. If your team is disciplined, up-tempo, positive, that's how your team is. He calmed the storm a little bit around here. You can ask anybody: Right now it's a good situation. I'm just upset it wasn't like this six years ago. Right now things are in order.'

Now what happened between May 2003 and December 28th 2003 (Browns game)

to make him talk and act so different ?

Here is what I think. Rudi Johnson comes in and outperfomed him.

He thought that there was no way that a "4th round nobody" could

be outperforming the Almighty Leon who is the highest paid Bengal in

franchise history. He thought it HAD to be the O-Line wasn`t blocking

for him as much as they were for Rudi.

Chad Johnson signed a contract extension in November 2003.

But LEON had to play out his entire contract before he got more money.

That made him feel "dissed".

Marvin Lewis tried EVERYTHING to keep Dillon happy. He tried

to make Dillon feel like "the man" he HAD to be. He tried to

show him that he was an important part of the Bengals.

Marvin said this year before the Pats game that

his biggest failure was that he could not get Corey on board.

corey_zoom.jpg

I wish Dillon would have stayed and taken the Bengals to the Super Bowl

(a few times) and retired a Bengal. BUT HE CHOSE to leave because

he got outperformed and Chad got a contract extension that he

had to wait til his contract was over to get.

He threw his uniform into the stands, called Big Willie a bum

and threatened to put him on a liquid diet on National TV.

He acted like a little bitch boy that was pissed and wanted to take

his ball and go home.

Big Willie said it best ...."Good riddance !" 30.gif

did you guys see that run dillon made for like 40 yards vs the colts??

same play, same situation, rudi johnson loses 2 yards

Dillon > Rudi

Wow isn't someone a little sore over Leon's departure? How come Rudi broke Corey's rushing record? Please explain that to me if Dillon is such a better RB?

did you guys see that run dillon made for like 40 yards vs the colts??

same play, same situation, rudi johnson loses 2 yards

Dillon > Rudi

Wow isn't someone a little sore over Leon's departure? How come Rudi broke Corey's rushing record? Please explain that to me if Dillon is such a better RB?

I believe that Dillon also exceeded his personal best this year - 1635 yard, 4.7 a carry. Rather than diminishing yourselves "player-hating" (as they say in the vernacular) Dillon, you'd do better to spend your time relishing your man Johnson's success and the team's progress in rebuilding.