10 thoughts on on the Buffalo game

rob_justdmb

1. From the “you learn something new everyday” category, I have two items.

First I didn’t know that you could review a play and then call a penalty on that play. I am referring to the challenge on the Bills punt in the first quarter. If there were twelve men I guess we would have been flagged. Considering all of the items that should be reviewable, I’d like to know who thought of that one.

You can challenge that, and you can also challenge for an illegal forward pass penalty, dealing both with LOS infractions and forward laterals, also ineligible touch of a forward pass by a lineman, pass interference calls are reviewable to determine whether or not a ball was tipped. Remember it took a day and a half to review the Music City Miracle, it would've been a penalty if it was forwards.

It is a rule though that you cannot do that when the ball is in the air and it is a forward pass.

A. Did the pass get to the line of scrimmage.

B. Was Kitna outside the pocket -- i.e. the contact all the way out of bounds when the QB was running outside the pocket in last night's game. They didn't call the pass interference because, "the QB was outside the pocket".

there is contact, it is an illegal contact penalty.

What about incidental contact -- not referring to Takeo, just the logic.

PS, I love the KK sig.