How many yards will the Bengals get

rtconner

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bengals as a team:

Windy and Snowy: 78 yards Rushing. 170 Rec.

Nice day: 60 yards rushing, 220 rec.

You guys are putting too much stock into the cold weather theory. The game is in Cincinnati, not Buffalo. The Bengals are perfectly capable of playing in cold Cincinnati weather.

I remember a couple of years ago when Jon Kitna threw for over 400 yards on a VERY cold day against a good Steelers team.

I don't think he'll throw for 400 on Sunday, but if he doesn't it won't be due to the cold weather.

Bengals as a team:

Windy and Snowy:  78 yards Rushing.  170 Rec. 

Nice day:  60 yards rushing, 220 rec.

You guys are putting too much stock into the cold weather theory. The game is in Cincinnati, not Buffalo. The Bengals are perfectly capable of playing in cold Cincinnati weather.

I remember a couple of years ago when Jon Kitna threw for over 400 yards on a VERY cold day against a good Steelers team.

I don't think he'll throw for 400 on Sunday, but if he doesn't it won't be due to the cold weather.

Thank You. WillisX did you read that???? I think you're just reaching for that edge that might bring Kitna and/or Palmer down to Bledsoe's level in your mind.

The thing is, you guys say stuff with 1/2 of the story. This is the first time in the history of the team they've put up 450+ yards in 3 straight games. Two of the teams were Baltimore and New England. Seriously, you really have no idea what you're in for. You guys are like the people on Survivor who have no idea that their getting voted off until the last voted is turned around. It's going to be great and you won't even show up here Monday.

I can't wait until this game is over. Considering how much smack Bills fans are talking it seems to me that they must be pretty worried about this game.

The Bengals will gain at least 300 yards... just in the air. I say about 100 rushing to go with it. I honestly haven't watched the Bills play all season, but just looking at stats, I feel this is going to be a really good game. I'd feel a little better if we had Carson in there, but Kitna will do just fine. I think Bledsoe will be the death of the Bills on sunday. I predict at least 3 picks... so while they probably will get over 100 yards rushing, most of the drives will be killed by our defense before they reach the endzone. Bills get 150 yards in the air and 120 yards on the ground. Bengals win 35-17

Bengals as a team:

Windy and Snowy:  78 yards Rushing.  170 Rec. 

Nice day:  60 yards rushing, 220 rec.

Don't forget the 49ers game last year in the snow here. It was something like 41-38. Over 400 total yards.

Stupid people kill me. I mean seriously. WTF do you Bills

fans expect us to do ? Agree with you that your team is going

to totally dominate and embarrass our team in our house ? :rolleyes:

Well here let me give you some reasons why I think it is by no means

a "gimme" for EITHER TEAM !

The Bengals are 4-2 at home this year. They are 10-4 at home

since Marvin Lewis became the Head Coach. This game is in Cincinnati.

The Bengals are ranked 14th overall in total Offense.

They have played 9 games against teams that were ranked in

the top 10 in overall defense. They have played 4 games against

teams that were #1 overall in defense heading into that weeks game.

They went 3-1 in those games...with the only loss being a late 4th

quarter loss to the Steelers.

The Bills are ranked 25th overall in total Offense.

The Bengals are ranked 24th overall in total Defense.

Hmmmm well it seems to me that those numbers match up pretty good.

Yeah the Bills are on a roll. But they have beat 2 teams that have fired

their coaches and 2 VERY weak NFC West teams....in their last 4 games.

So let me recap.

The Bengals play tough at home.

They have played the majority of their games against teams that were ranked

in the top 10 in overall defense and still have the 14th overall Offense.

They have went 3-1 against teams that were ranked #1 in defense that game.

And our defense matches up good with your offense.

Take into account that I`M A BENGALS FAN and then I`d guess you`d have

to see that I`m not delusional....I`m just a FAN that has good reasons to

BELIEVE the Bengals will win. :player:

That poor deluded willis guy.

If the defense scores all the points necessary to win and the Bengals' offense needs to gain 0 yards, then they'll gain at least that many. If they have to gain 100 yards to kick 3 field goals to win, they'll gain that many. If they have to rack up 500 yards in order to score 60 points to eek out a 1 point win, then that's what they'll do.

This team has been moving the ball at will all year. The two problems they've had is that they would often not summon the will until they were in trouble, and they'd make critical errors. It's understandable that the Bills might think they're going to force those errors, but I don't think so. Marvin Lewis will put the "edge" on things that he said he would after the New England loss, and they'll execute, and you all will be crying in whatever kind of low-grade beer you drink up there in - what's the name of that rat hole?

If the defense scores all the points necessary to win and the Bengals' offense needs to gain 0 yards, then they'll gain at least that many. If they have to gain 100 yards to kick 3 field goals to win, they'll gain that many. If they have to rack up 500 yards in order to score 60 points to eek out a 1 point win, then that's what they'll do.

This team has been moving the ball at will all year. The two problems they've had is that they would often not summon the will until they were in trouble, and they'd make critical errors. It's understandable that the Bills might think they're going to force those errors, but I don't think so. Marvin Lewis will put the "edge" on things that he said he would after the New England loss, and they'll execute, and you all will be crying in whatever kind of low-grade beer you drink up there in - what's the name of that rat hole?

They haven't been moving it "at will" all year. Miami is probably one of the best examples. Getting down the field was painfully hard for us that game.

Now the last few weeks, on the other hand, yes...our offense has been dominant...over very good defenses as well.

Like I said, they've not willed it until they were in trouble at times. The combination of the Miami defense and the offense's state of flux at the time required an extra amount of will to overcome, but they made the drives when they had to. They've been doing that all year, even when they've come up short at the end. I don't expect them to make the mistakes that have caused them to come up short at this point in the season. That's because of the situations they've been in, their visible progress as they sort out roles, and Marvin Lewis's understanding of the need to challenge their pride after a "respectable" loss. That swagger of the Superbowl Seasons is gradually coming back.

If the defense scores all the points necessary to win and the Bengals' offense needs to gain 0 yards, then they'll gain at least that many.  If they have to gain 100 yards to kick 3 field goals to win, they'll gain that many.  If they have to rack up 500 yards in order to score 60 points to eek out a 1 point win, then that's what they'll do. 

This team has been moving the ball at will all year.  The two problems they've had is that they would often not summon the will until they were in trouble, and they'd make critical errors.  It's understandable that the Bills might think they're going to force those errors, but I don't think so.  Marvin Lewis will put the "edge" on things that he said he would after the New England loss, and they'll execute, and you all will be crying in whatever kind of low-grade beer you drink up there in - what's the name of that rat hole?

They haven't been moving it "at will" all year. Miami is probably one of the best examples. Getting down the field was painfully hard for us that game.

Now the last few weeks, on the other hand, yes...our offense has been dominant...over very good defenses as well.

dominant?? If your offense was dominant... i don't think you would of just LOST!!! Get a clue Bengal fans.

If the defense scores all the points necessary to win and the Bengals' offense needs to gain 0 yards, then they'll gain at least that many.  If they have to gain 100 yards to kick 3 field goals to win, they'll gain that many.  If they have to rack up 500 yards in order to score 60 points to eek out a 1 point win, then that's what they'll do. 

This team has been moving the ball at will all year.  The two problems they've had is that they would often not summon the will until they were in trouble, and they'd make critical errors.  It's understandable that the Bills might think they're going to force those errors, but I don't think so.  Marvin Lewis will put the "edge" on things that he said he would after the New England loss, and they'll execute, and you all will be crying in whatever kind of low-grade beer you drink up there in - what's the name of that rat hole?

dominant?? If your offense was dominant... i don't think you would of just LOST!!! Get a clue Bengal fans.

Haha yeah...we did lose. To New England. How many points did the Bills put up against them? Could you refresh my memory, please? What was it...17? And then the second game was what...6?

Anyway, for your sake we'll take a trip back to football 101. There's this thing in football...it's kind of new so you may not have heard of it. It's called defense. It IS possible to dominate on offense and still lose a game. I know this is new to you, so take some time...sit back...relax...let it all soak in. It's best not to learn too much all at once...you might get brain cramps.

Hey... I'm not the one that claimed to have a dominant offense.... i'm aware of how our offense played back then.... since then we've averaged 37 points a game....

And I'm very familiar with "defense". We have one of the best! :D

It's a fact that we have a dominant offense, and you will see why come Sunday.

Did you do this to every team you've played this year?

Did we do what?

Make all Bills fans look mentally handicapped to fans of other teams.

No they just talk smack only to dissapear the following Monday. Just go ask Patriotsplanet what they think of the almighty Jills.

nope just you guys... i never meant a bunch of fans who had an unrealistic perspective of their team...

"dominate" offense B.S. etc...

Well by all means you've got another 48 to run that mouth. It will make that much more entertaining when you get sent back to NY embarrassed to have lost to the "Bungles". I swear you NY'ers have alot to learn.

and how many wins do they have compared to the bills over the last 3 weeks?

The Bengals were 2 - 1 over those three games lossing to the SB Champs by one score in their house.

A team that beat the Bills twice with neither game even being close.

actually your wrong, and if your going to talk sh!t you might as well know what the He!! your talking about. The Bills had the ball and were driving down field to score and be up on the Pats when our now defunct running back fell down on a 3rd and 1 play.

It doesn't matter anyway because you bunghole fans are not going to see a win this weekend. The Bills are going to ROMP the Bengals wait and see, I cant wait to hear all of your excuses. Here, ill give you a few.

God, i mean Carson wasn't playing

We abandonded our running game to early

It was just Bad coaching

bad play calling

There, I bet I see at least 2 of those excuses come monday morning.

Good luck, youll need it.

I think we will have a huge running game! Rudi the Reindeer gets 154 yds. :) I think it will be a big one for special teams too.

Yeah, Rudi rushes for a note and a half against the 3rd best rushing D -- OK? good luck with that, and your special teams will have a good day against um -- THE BEST SPECIAL TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE? Yeah ok, go back to dreamland you fary.