Spikes is overrated!

jjakq27

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It never ceases to amaze me how people interpret S**T on these boards... I loved Spikes when he was here. He's not here anymore, so move on. He's doing good things in Buff-a-ho, much in part to the supporting cast. See Corey Dillon for the same argument. Take a look at what we have in return for those two leaving and I won't look back for one minute. Our D is at best mediocre at this present time, but with all the young guns not only playing, but starting, this will be one of the youngest, toughest, Ds around in the years to come. This is not our year, nor was it suppose to be. It's on next season and for all those who keep thinking we are an easy win, yeah whatever, watch the game this weekend. We are way tough in the Jungle. Carson, Kitna, doesn't matter. Have a good day everyone.

WHODEY !!!

It never ceases to amaze me how people interpret S**T on these boards... I loved Spikes when he was here. He's not here anymore, so move on. He's doing good things in Buff-a-ho, much in part to the supporting cast. See Corey Dillon for the same argument. Take a look at what we have in return for those two leaving and I won't look back for one minute. Our D is at best mediocre at this present time, but with all the young guns not only playing, but starting, this will be one of the youngest, toughest, Ds around in the years to come. This is not our year, nor was it suppose to be. It's on next season and for all those who keep thinking we are an easy win, yeah whatever, watch the game this weekend. We are way tough in the Jungle. Carson, Kitna, doesn't matter. Have a good day everyone.

WHODEY !!!

Good post, but one problem:

When making fun of the name Buffalo, we perfer Barfalo to Buff-a-ho. Buff and Blow also works.

I would love to have Takeo in a Bengals uniform, but Army is right; he's gone and moved on and so should everyone else.

Well, pardon me, but I find it a legitimate topic of conversation for Bills week, just as CD was a legit topic for Pats week. I'll be happy to police this thread so you don't have to waste your time here... :P

Was/is Spikes over-rated? I would say yes, and that includes both while he was a Bengal and now that he's a Bill. And I'd say the same thing about Simmons, too. Both have been solid, starter-caliber NFL linebackers -- but not much more than that. And both these guys were first-round picks in the 98 draft, the second (Spikes, 13) and fourth (Simmons, 17) LBs to come off the board. I think you're hoping for a little bit more out of guys you take that high, that not only do they become solid starters, but impact players as well. And neither one of them really grew into that, at least IMHO.

Was/is Spikes over-rated? I would say yes, and that includes both while he was a Bengal and now that he's a Bill. And I'd say the same thing about Simmons, too. Both have been solid, starter-caliber NFL linebackers -- but not much more than that. And both these guys were first-round picks in the 98 draft, the second (Spikes, 13) and fourth (Simmons, 17) LBs to come off the board. I think you're hoping for a little bit more out of guys you take that high, that not only do they become solid starters, but impact players as well. And neither one of them really grew into that, at least IMHO.

Spikes not an impact player? He makes key plays for us on a regular basis.

83 tackles at OLB, 3 sacks, 6.5 tkle for loss, 3 FF, 3INT (1TD), 13 Passes Defensed

Thats an impact player.

He would be first on your team in FF, Tackle for a loss (by 3) Passes Defensed (more than your CB's)

He would be 2nd in tackles (just like BUF, but Fletch is a tackling machine) Tied for 2nd in INT's and TD's and like 3rd or fourth in sacks.

Thats an impact player and to say otherwise is ignorant.

Hey TKO is a good linebacker so why beat a dead horse??All dem BILLS are tuff!!

They cant be beat. RIGHT!! And you guys arent worried about playing those BENGALS who havnt been to the playoffs in a loooooooong time. If that wasnt true you guys wouldnt have been on her 2 weeks early. Man its going to feel great to knock your butts out of the playoffs :D

Hey TKO is a good linebacker so why beat a dead horse??All dem BILLS are tuff!!

They cant be beat. RIGHT!! And you guys arent worried about playing those BENGALS who havnt been to the playoffs in a loooooooong time. If that wasnt true you guys wouldnt have been on her 2 weeks early. Man its going to feel great to knock your butts out of the playoffs :D

I'm not talking about the team (I do think we are gonna kick you butts, but thats not the point)

I just don't get why you guys would say Spikes is overrated, he a montser as shown above. He makes plays, Fletcher makes tackles.

I hope you're boys think TKO is overrated also, cause he'll be danceing in his old house right in fromt of you guys all day if you don't respect him.

Yeah well compare our records this year and you'll see who made out in the long run jjakq27.

Ooooh one more win against a much easier schedule... impressive young padawan.

Much easier is what gets me. Those that you've played have like 5 more wins than those that we've played. Is that "Much Easier"

You sure are in denial aren't you???? <_<

Yeah well compare our records this year and you'll see who made out in the long run jjakq27.

Ooooh one more win against a much easier schedule... impressive young padawan.

Much easier is what gets me. Those that you've played have like 5 more wins than those that we've played. Is that "Much Easier"

You sure are in denial aren't you???? <_<

What are you talking about, the teams you have played have 5 more wins, 5! and if you didn't lose to CLE the first time like you shouldn't have it would be four. Maybe the words"far easier" and "much more difficult" have a different meaning in cinci.

This is the last time I post about schedule strength because you are so dilusional. Look at who we both have played, its not only similar the outcomes are simelar as well.

Spikes not an impact player?  He makes key plays for us on a regular basis. 

Not really. He makes a handful of tackles in a typical game and that's it. Yes, he has three picks, two of which came against Miami. He has good games, but on a "regular basis" is only average.

83 tackles at OLB, 3 sacks, 6.5 tkle for loss, 3 FF, 3INT (1TD), 13 Passes Defensed

Not sure where you get your numbers. nfl.com credits him with 80 tackles (53 solo), just 2 sacks, and 12 passes defensed (of which 11 came in just four games against Miami (x2), Seattle and St. Louis). He ranks 27th on the site's LB rankings. Like I said, good, but hardly numbers that put him among the elite. He simply isn't consistent and is all too quick to disappear in games against good opponents.

Not really. He makes a handful of tackles in a typical game and that's it. Yes, he has three picks, two of which came against Miami. He has good games, but on a "regular basis" is only average.

Not sure where you get your numbers. nfl.com credits him with 80 tackles (53 solo), just 2 sacks, and 12 passes defensed (of which 11 came in just four games against Miami (x2), Seattle and St. Louis). He ranks 27th on the site's LB rankings. Like I said, good, but hardly numbers that put him among the elite. He simply isn't consistent and is all too quick to disappear in games against good opponents.

You are an idiot. Thats all that needs to be said. He is better than any LB on your team.

I would love to have Takeo in a Bengals uniform, but Army is right; he's gone and moved on and so should everyone else.

Well, pardon me, but I find it a legitimate topic of conversation for Bills week, just as CD was a legit topic for Pats week. I'll be happy to police this thread so you don't have to waste your time here... :P

Thanks for going to bat with me on this one Joisey.

I liked Spikes when he was here but I agree we did not get the most bang for the buck with that high of a draft pick. In fact you could probably make a case that rookie Landon Johnson has similar number to Spikes and Simmons this year. He did not play much to start the season and was what a third or fourth round pick?

For the record, Johnson has 95 total tackles, 2 sacks and one fumble recovery.

You are an idiot. Thats all that needs to be said. He is better than any LB on your team.

And don't forget he's got a cute little dance too.

You are an idiot.

If so, that should be easy to show. I said he's inconsistent and doesn't show up in big games. Well, let's take a look...

v. Jax: 6 tackles, 1 pass defensed. Ho-hum day against average team.

v. Oakland: 5 tackles. Poor day vs. poor team.

v. NE: 9 tackles (5 solo, 4 assist). Goes "poof" vs. good team.

v. Jets: 5 tackles. Another vanishing act v. good team.

v. Miami: 2 tackles, 1 pick for a TD, 3 passes defensed. Great day v. crappy team.

v. Baltimore: 11 tackles (9 solo), 1 sack. Probably best performance v. a good team all year.

v. Arizona: 6 tackles. Another unimpressive day vs. a crappy team.

v. Jets: 6 tackles. Good team = where'd Spikes go?.

v. NE: 11 tackles (6 solo). Takeo who?.

v. St. Louis: 7 tackles, 3 passes defensed. Another great day v. a crappy team.

v. Seattle: 4 tackles, a sick, 3 passes defensed. Yet another great day against a crappy team.

v. Miami: 3 tackles, 1 pick, 2 passes defensed, a forced fumble. Too bad the Bills don't play Miami every week.

v. Cleveland: 5 tackles and a forced fumble. Crappy team and not even that great a day.

He is better than any LB on your team.

His numbers and Simmons' numbers are comparable. In fact, nfl.com lists Simmons at 20 and Spikes at 27.

Spikes is a top 5 outside linebacker for sure and i think his leadership alone could get him the money he is earning. You look at his stats and his tackels are down but is INT's and Forced fumbles are still good. And the reason his tackles are down is because london flethcer is the middle linebacker and he is jsut as good as spikes. except the middle linebacker usally get more tackles cause he in a better spot. Spikes isnt all world but he is a very good linebacker

Anyone who thinks TKO is overrated needs to go home and f*ck themselves. He is obviously one of the best linebackers in the league and all you Bengals fans are pissed that you let him go and keep b*tchin about it.

Little upset about it, eh?

He's a good linebacker, and we all know what he's about. Him signing with you guys worked out for you, and the money we saved, signing the likes of Chad Johnson to a massive extension and other players, worked out good for us. All good to both sides.