Bills fan...not here to annoy

donahoemode

Hey everyone, I'm just looking for an intelligent conversation about this sunday's game. While I find it amusing that my fellow Bills fans have infiltrated your board, I agree, and would say the same things you guys are, after all this is your place you got the right to defend it....

Anyway i want to talk about the matchup which I think is going to affect the outcome of this game the most, the Bills offense/ Bengals defense. You guys have been claiming that your defense plays better at home, and meanwhile i truly believe that the Bills offense has turned the corner... Whoever makes the LEAST AMOUNT OF MISTAKES on these respective units will win.

The Bills are still shaky on the road, and Cincy has been playing well of late. That as a Bills fan makes me nervous....

And please, stop the "you guys lost to these guys, and we lost to these guys" crap. There are highs and lows to every teams season, but a win is a win and Football is football. "Talent" doesn't always win games, nor does RECENT HISTORY AND TRENDS.

Football is all about momentum, disipline and confidence. It's one team against another, not STATS VS STATS.

May the best team win sunday, and good luck to your team.

JG- Respectful Bills Fan

I too am interested in this matchup this week. Mainly the Bengals O vs Bills D, though. Pre-season chatter on the topic of the Bills had some interest in Jason Gildon after he was cut by Steelers then signed by Bills before he ended up cut. Some here thought Gildon would go to either Bills or Pack because of the fit he might make to help either team get to playoffs. Anyway, the idea here is that the Bills D has been discussed some but not for awhile. Any input you might see on matchup between Bills D and Bengals O would be appreciated.

As for your interest in Bengals D, I would say Bledsoe & Co. are catching the right D at the right time. The decent games the Bengals D have had this season have been somehwat blotted by Browns 48, Ravens 26 (but only 16 by D) and Pats 35 (28 by D) over past 3 weeks.

Bengals need to run as much man pass coverage, stunts by D-line, blitzes w/ delayed LB and even double DB, and 8 in box as possible to pressure Bledsoe and contact McGahee at line. Bengals D is fast overall but light and somewhat slower in the middle. Bills should be able to move ball but I don't see Moulds and Evans as within the top 3 or 4 WR tandems that Bengals have faced this year. Plus Campbell is out -- that should hurt Bills.

Hey everyone, I'm just looking for an intelligent conversation about this sunday's game. While I find it amusing that my fellow Bills fans have infiltrated your board, I agree, and would say the same things you guys are, after all this is your place you got the right to defend it....

JG- Respectful Bills Fan

Glad to have you visiting "Don". It isn't an infiltration. We're part of the "Fan 2 Fan" network where we link to other teams sites during the week leading up to the game with their respective team.

I like your up front attitude, and we always appreciate good, solid football talk. Best game in the world in my book! We don't mind a little trash talking either, but we insist it stays it the smack forum. A lot of your Bills fans brothers have been slow on picking up on this simple rule.

It can't be due to you guys being New Yorkers! When we had a ton of Jets fans visiting here for the seasons first game, they had almost no problem whatsoever getting with the program! It almost leads me to believe the I.Q. level of an average New Yorker drops the farther away you get from New York City itself! :lol: Now that can't be true, can it? :blink: I hope not, because otherwise it's going to be a long week.

Congrats to your teams resurgence in the latter part of this season. I'm looking forward to a good game, with no injuries for either side.

Ditto bro. B)

It can't be due to you guys being New Yorkers! When we had a ton of Jets fans visiting here for the seasons first game, they had almost no problem whatsoever getting with the program! It almost leads me to believe the I.Q. level of an average New Yorker drops the farther away you get from New York City itself!  :lol: Now that can't be true, can it?  :blink:  I hope not, because otherwise it's going to be a long week.

Oh no... I know you didn't compare western NY to NYC. ;) They are responsible for our high taxes, and they elected Hillary. Try listening to NYC sports talk radio sometime. Worst in the country... So how about them Giants. With Kurt in they were in the play off hunt. With Eli in they are headed toward a losing season, with no 1st round pick. The Jets will self implode like they always do.

Without checking on tackle leaders, I'd say in order:

Brian Simmons WSLB where Takeo played.

Madieu Williams DB 2nd rd pick in 2004 from Dillon trade.

Justin Smith RDE

Kevin Hardy SSLB

Landon Johnson MLB 3rd rd 2004 pick only 225-230 lbs.

Duane Clemons LDE

No Pro Bowlers on D but Madieu is front-runner for AFC ROY on D. Other side of ball is different story.

There'll be some reaction to Takeo -- maybe some boos -- Fans will more likely be moved by Wyche and Krumrie.

How 'bout the Bills D? How's your nickel deal w/ taller WRs? And do the LBs cover well vs. TE?

Our linebackers tend to cover space pretty well vs Tight ends. Jeff Posey would have to be our best cover LB..Fletcher is usually more concentrated on the back field along with TKO.

Against taller recievers, we tend to have some problems. Clements and Milloy can tackle anything with a pulse, so strength vs strength we will be fine. But those jump balls against Terrence McGee will be a challenge....

How have your return units/coverage units on special teams been this year? Any Td's? You'll be facing the best in the leauge with our boys... :D

JG

Our linebackers tend to cover space pretty well vs Tight ends. Jeff Posey would have to be our best cover LB..Fletcher is usually more concentrated on the back field along with TKO.

Against taller recievers, we tend to have some problems. Clements and Milloy can tackle anything with a pulse, so strength vs strength we will be fine. But those jump balls against Terrence McGee will be a challenge....

How have your return units/coverage units on special teams been this year? Any Td's? You'll be facing the best in the leauge with our boys... :D

JG

Overall special teams for Bengals have been fairly decent. Ravens Sams brought back a PR for almost a TD in 1st Ravens game. Randle El had I think 2 PRs for more than 20 yds in Steelers 2nd game. Bethel Johnson got too much on a KR last week before 1st half ended. Bengals got good gunners and overall speed on kick coverage. I hear McGee is it who's brought back 3 for TDs. Sounds tough to defend.

I was wondering about Bills interior O-line the Center and Guards. I know of the bookends Jennings and Williams but can't remember who is in middle or how well they pass and run block. Any insight there?

Oh no... I know you didn't compare western NY to NYC.

Actually I didn't. So far there has been no comparison between the solid New York Jets football fans we had here earlier this year, and the majority of your bretheren Bills fans!

The Jets fans came in with class, and even after defeating us, they left with class. For the most part the Bills fans that visited here of late have represented themselves as a bunch of juvenile loudmouthed a**h***s!

A few classy and intelligent individuals have shown up, as was the gentleman who started this thread, (donahoemode and yourself) but unfortunately you, and others like you are the exception rather than the rule.

I know there's some class in Buffalo. Jim Kelly is a prime example! What... :blink: are the rest of you Bills fans saving it for something else later this year? :wacko:

;)  They are reasonable for our high taxes, and they elected Hillary.

This particular comment of yours was all you needed to qualify as "Classy"! Any New Yorker who'd elect someone who came in from Arkansas, and then PRETEND to be a New Yorker just to get elected just forfieted any claim to "Classy!" :lol:

The interrior of our O line is by far the wear link, although they have been player better. Trey Teague is the center, and he is a decent run blocker, but can get mauled at times against a strong pass rush or blitz.

I personally like our left guard Ross Tucker. Nobody knows about him, and he basically beat our everyone else (and perhaps helped push Ruben Brown out the door) for the starting spot. He's a very angry, nasty player that is quite dominat in the run game, but again like Teague can get beat against a pass rush...If there happens to be a brawl or even a pushing match on the field when the Bills O is out there, #65 Tucker will guarenteed be involved.

Our other guard was a free agent signing Chris Villarial from the Bears. He brings vetrean experience to the line, and again good run blocking technique, and he has also been the least penalized of the starting 5 this year.

Overall, like I said, this unit has gotten much better durring our win streak, but again if you want to attack this offense you do so up the middle, forcing the Human statue Bledsoe to move around.

JG

If the interior O Line is the Bills weak link, then they will be looking forward to the Bengals D interior, which remains the weakest link of the D.

LDT John Thornton (ex-Titan) is solid but does not by any stretch dominate or get consistently into backfield. RDT Langston Moore is a 6 or 7 rd draft pick from 2003 who cracked strating lineup when Tony Williams got his ankle broke and dislocated on cut block on MNF. Moore has a brief burst on bullrush but is slow laterally.

The Bengals did sign 2 DTs in past month but neither has played yet or that I noticed -- Terrance Martin and Shaun Smith from the Saints. They might get in this week. Other backup is Clemons when not at DE and Carl Powell who is fast but way too light for interior play.

Who do you think wins then, honestly? Bias, and love for yor team aside...

IF the Bills can withstand the crowd noise and limit their mistakes, I believe they can pull out a win. Their defense and special teams is no doubt playing much better than Cincys right now, but the Bengals offense is on a roll (and I believe you guys wont miss a beat with Kitna if he starts)...That being said, with myself putting all my bias aside, and trying to look at this as intelligently as possible i predict...

Bills 26 Bengals 23

I believe the Bills score on Special Teams, and control the clock with the running game. Willis and the o line are on too much of a roll to be slowed by a very average d line. You guys will keep it close though, neither team will get blown out, and if the Bills kill themselves with penalties/turnovers you guys will absolutly win, and win big.

JG

This game should be tight. Injuries and TD returns of INTs and fumbles by the other teams' D have come like plagues of locusts this year for Bengals, costing them games.

The Bills mo and playoff bid should have them as focused as any team Bengals have faced this year, so I would expect the line to slightly favor the Bills.

Still, I gotta roll w/ the Stripes in the Jungle for this one because the Bengals O is explosive enough w/ or w/o Palmer at QB to put up pts. The Bills O doesn't seem like it creates matchup problems for the Bengals D.

I'm liking Bengals latest PR Keiwan Ratliff to break through for return and Cliff Russell to finally reel off a big KR.

Bengals 27

Bills 20

Fair enough man and thank you for intelligently supporting your prediction instead of making some asinine claim that the bengals will will 46-9 because...there..uh...awesome!!!!

It's all in the eye of the beholder man, and may the best team win sunday. It could go either way, so lets agree to expect the unexpected....

All you Bengals fans take care, I'll speak to you all sunday night.....

Go Bills!!

JG

JG- Respectful Bills Fan

Glad to have you visiting "Don". It isn't an infiltration. We're part of the "Fan 2 Fan" network where we link to other teams sites during the week leading up to the game with their respective team.

I like your up front attitude, and we always appreciate good, solid football talk. Best game in the world in my book! We don't mind a little trash talking either, but we insist it stays it the smack forum. A lot of your Bills fans brothers have been slow on picking up on this simple rule.

It can't be due to you guys being New Yorkers! When we had a ton of Jets fans visiting here for the seasons first game, they had almost no problem whatsoever getting with the program! It almost leads me to believe the I.Q. level of an average New Yorker drops the farther away you get from New York City itself! :lol: Now that can't be true, can it? :blink: I hope not, because otherwise it's going to be a long week.

Congrats to your teams resurgence in the latter part of this season. I'm looking forward to a good game, with no injuries for either side.

Ditto bro. B)

I like how this guy criticizes Bills fans for talking smack... then proceeds to do it himself...... hypocrite.

This game should be tight. Injuries and TD returns of INTs and fumbles by the other teams' D have come like plagues of locusts this year for Bengals, costing them games.

The Bills mo and playoff bid should have them as focused as any team Bengals have faced this year, so I would expect the line to slightly favor the Bills.

Still, I gotta roll w/ the Stripes in the Jungle for this one because the Bengals O is explosive enough w/ or w/o Palmer at QB to put up pts. The Bills O doesn't seem like it creates matchup problems for the Bengals D.

I'm liking Bengals latest PR Keiwan Ratliff to break through for return and Cliff Russell to finally reel off a big KR.

Bengals 27

Bills 20

I don't think your passing attack will be that potent this week with Troy Vincent's move to FS.

with Vincent and Milloy making the calls in the secondary.... we may very well have the best secondary in the league now.....

I don't think we need to worry about the running game... with Pat Williams, Sam Adams, London Fletcher, TKO, and Posey.... i think we've only allowed 1 100 yard rusher this season.

McGahee should be able to run all day long..... I hope... because i would rather not see Bledsoe throw.

The Bills had some injuries to their DB this season, and some teams were able to throw on them because of that. With the return of Vincent and Milloy, I think it strengthens an already strong defense.

For the Bills to lose, the Bengals would have to take a New England approach to them. Shut down the run and force Drew to take control of the game. When the pressure is on, Drew makes bad decisions. With the Bengals ranked 28th in the league in run defense, I see McGahee and Fast Freddie having a big day.

Who leads your D in tackles this year? Any potential Pro Bowlers?

Also...how do you think Spikes will be recieved by the home crowd durring introductions??

JG

Believe it or not the best defensive player on the field right now seems to be Madieu Williams our rookie safety/corner. He has played every position in the secondary, and is doing really well. Sadly enough, because NFL.COM is a bunch of asshats, he isn't even on the pro bowl ballot. No clue why not, because if any rookie in the league deserves a shot, he does.

You also have to look out for Tory James and Deltha O'Neal at cornerback. They are having pro bowl type seasons, with James leading the league in interceptions nearly all year long, and O'Neal doing a great job of ALMOST intercepting the ball more than any other teams entire secondary all year. How Shannahan expected to make a guy who can't catch a wideout, I'll never know!

The matchup I'm looking forward to is Rudi Johson vs. Takeo Spikes. Can Rudi juke him out of his shoes and get the extra yards?

The other big matchup that should be fun to watch is Chad Johnson/TJ Alphabet vs. the Bills Secondary. Chad has been 7/11, always open in all but one away game this season and the home opener against Miami. TJ is finally turning into a stud as Palmer realized he was just as open as Chad when teams tried in vain to double cover Chad.

On the other side of the ball, our defensive line has played much better at home, and we need to see Justin Smith, Duane Clemons, and Robert Geathers Jr. get to Bledsoe early and often. Landon Johnson must work with the interior of the line to stop McGayhe.

I don't think your passing attack will be that potent this week with Troy Vincent's move to FS.

with Vincent and Milloy making the calls in the secondary.... we may very well have the best secondary in the league now.....

Clements and Vincent best in the league LMFAO are you on crack?

Your secondary ALL 4 STARTERS have a total of 143 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 7 interceptions, and 3 fumble recoveries. ZERO TOUCHDOWNS.

Our starting secondary, on the other hand, starts with James (who has more interceptions on his own than your entire freaking secondary), O'Neal, Williams, and Insert another person. They have 225 tackles, 2 sacks, 13 interceptions, 4 fumble recoveries, and 3 touchdowns.

Vincent hasn't done anything all year, and Milloy's numbers are laughable when compared to a ROOKIE in our secondary Madieu Williams.

Oh, and the Bengals don't have the best secondary in the league either, but they are definately better than your secondary.

PS: Ed Reed, Chris McAllister, Will Demps, and Gary Baxter for the Ravens is probably the best secondary in the league, and Chad Johnson made them look like fools twice this season.

Clements and Vincent best in the league LMFAO are you on crack?

Your secondary ALL 4 STARTERS have a total of 143 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 7 interceptions, and 3 fumble recoveries. ZERO TOUCHDOWNS.

Vincent, Clements and Milloy are good but not the best in the league. I wouldn't lose any sleep if the Bills let Clements go in free agency. His play making abilities are way overrated, and he will be asking big money to stay in Buffalo.

The Bills do have incredible momentum. Even they are winning against weaker -- in regards to the NFL as a whole and not in comparison to the Bengals -- they are winning very easily against teams that they should beat. The Bengals do, on the other hand, lose to teams that they should beat, and beat teams that should beat us -- it always depends on what team shows up on game-day (the Bengals against Denver, or the Bengals against Cleveland 1).

I DO think the Bengals have the better offense, but the Bills have, clearly, the better defense.

As for the Bengals defense, our problem lately seems to be, if we run a zone, we put little pressure on the QB and leave the middle of the field wide-open with tons of time to throw it. If we run man, we have the tendency of giving up bigger plays, but we do get a lot of our interceptions that way too.

Bills fans -- what do you think is the weakest part of your defense?

I DO think the Bengals have the better offense, but the Bills have, clearly, the better defense.

Well, that's what it's all boiling down to....

Our Superior O vs their Dominatin D

How ironic when you consider that Coach Lewis is a defensive guru, and Mularkey is a Offensive specialist huh? :rolleyes:

Considering our track record against the top D's this season, I'm giving the advantage to us.