The Unofficial Bengals-Patriots Prediction Thread

BengalNation1281

Bengals 28, Patriots 24.

We're beating them this week. And Corey Dillon will leave the game with a decapitation.

WHO DEY!

BN1281

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I don't see us winning this week, but we will keep it close.

Pats-24

Bengals-19

CD will outrush RJ because we will be playing from behind adn throwing mostly. We'll give the Pats a scare, but they are just too good.

You folks are crazy, but I enjoy the optimism.

Bengals 14

Patriots 37

CD has his biggest game of the year with 180 yds against the worst run D in the NFL.  Obviously, I hope its different, but I cannot see us winning this game.

Art Vandalay, Vandalay Industries

The Gaytriots are playing the Saints this week ?

(THEY ARE THE WORST RUN D IN THE NFL)

The Bengals run D`s stats are skewed anyway.

They were allowing an average of 170+ yard rushing a game

after the 1st Ravens game.(game 3) So I`d say for them to trim 30 yards

a game off that average in the last 9 games is quite a feat.

Anyway no predictions or stats.

Bengals are 7-6 coming back to the Jungle is all I can say.

Just WIN Ba-beeeeeeeeee !!! :player:

Quick, quess what team is # 2 in the league in giving up big pass plays???yup. The pats, second only to Green Bay....Not nice when facing a passing force like the Bengals

One thing worth noting is how will the officials go in this. They tried to steal the game away from the Bengals Sunday, and they are notorious for letting the Patriots get away with murder. Will they job the Bengals???

OK, a few things in my mind here. Not that they are deciding factors by any means, just food for thought. NE has only played against 4 teams with a winning record so far this season: of two of those, they won by less than a touchdown and lost another. Beat B-More by 21 (good job). The Patriots have a rookie free agent corner covering CJ, (Randall Gay). Sure he will get help from the safety, thereby opening up the field for TJ, Squirel Boy, or even Schobel. Besides Givens, our secondary should not have a problem with their receivers. This game is absolutely in the favor of the Pats being at home, but if we do the whole bend but not break routine with Dillon and don't make the big mistake, this game will be VERY interesting. I don't buy for one second hearing Billichek talk about how he thinks so highly of the Bengals, I think he TRYING to find something to motivate his team against a very confident Bengals team. To not even consider that we may win this game is stupid at best. Will the Bengals show up in force or not ?? Should be a good game, not saying we will win, but should be fun. Wait, I am saying we will win... Lets see it again Graham !!!

Bengals 31

Patriots 28

WHODEY !!!

I don't buy for one second hearing Billichek talk about how he thinks so highly of the Bengals, I think he TRYING to find something to motivate his team against a very confident Bengals team.

Funny, I was thinking exactly the same thing when I read BB's laudatory comments toward the Bengals. BB has obviously grown into one of the best coaches in the biz, but even the best have trouble keeping players focused and plying with a sense of urgency at points like this. Last week's laugher over Cleveland basically assures them of a wild card spot; even if they drop their last 4 11-5 will get them in. And the two worst teams in the league, Miami and 'Frisco, remain on their December sked. Even if they dropped their last two toughest games, against us and the Jets, as long as they win those two they win the East no matter what the Jets do because they'd then have the AFCE division record over NY. Really, the only thing left to play for is home field advantage vs. Pitt...and since the Pats are 6-0 at home and 5-1 on the road, even having that doesn't seem critical.

I would LOVE to see the Bengals beat the Pats this week, but I just don't see it happening. Till last week we hadn't beaten a team with a winning record on the road in this century. To do it 2 weeks in a row is asking just a bit much at this point. We need 1 more good draft and off season of fa pick ups, and next year we'll play any team anywhere .... but that's then and not now.

Even if this game was in Cincy, I'd pick the Bengals in a shootout. On the road though ..... Pats 37 Bengals 30. :angry:

I would LOVE to see the Bengals beat the Pats this week, but I just don't see it happening. Till last week we hadn't beaten a team with a winning record on the road in this century. To do it 2 weeks in a row is asking just a bit much at this point. We need 1 more good draft and off season of fa pick ups, and next year we'll play any team anywhere .... but that's then and not now.

Even if this game was in Cincy, I'd pick the Bengals in a shootout. On the road though ..... Pats 37 Bengals 30. :angry:

The fact that we did beat Baltimore last week should be a sign that this team is turning around and I don't put anything past them, especially a NewEngland victory. I am sure it will be another close one, but I believe they will pull it out. And the word believe is the big word there.

I hope they totally prove you wrong and I am sure you do too.

Bengals fans need to stop holding records that

Dave Shula, Bruce Coslet and Dick Lebeau amassed

against Marvin Lewis.

Fact is that Marvin Lewis HAD a 4 game losing streak

to teams with a winning record on the road.

Notice I said HAD ? ;)