New Football Team in Cincy

Kirkendall

U.S. Bank Arena officials and owners of a National Indoor Football League franchise announced today that Cincinnati will again be home to an arena football team.

The Cincinnati Marshals of the NIFL will begin play in March at U.S. Bank Arena.

"There's a new marshal in town," general manager H.R. Silvani said. "And we're gonna make you happy about it."

The Marshals will be the third arena league team to play at the facility, following the Rockers and the Swarm, which folded after its first season. The team, owned by H.P. Patterson and Oronde Gadsden and coached by Tom Herter, will hold tryouts Dec. 21 and 22.

The team, owned by H.P. Patterson and Oronde Gadsden and coached by Tom Herter, will hold tryouts Dec. 21 and 22.

Cool. What position you going out for, kirk? :D

Quarterback baby! Of course, I need to put some extra Madden time in so I can get used to the position, but it's a small sacrifice for the rewards... :P

Man DUSTY BONNER he tore it up at U.K and VALDOSTA ST. I hope he does good wherever he goes. And I hope JARED goes someplace to.. I still think he could be a good Q.B in the N.F.L giving a chance...What do you all think???

Why not he had great stats. in the SEC for bad UK teams. And look at some of the backups here now, he couldnt do much worse. Look at MIAMI they dont have anything,

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Jared Lorenzen in the NFL!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

He actualy was signed to the practice squad by the Giants, and was beat out by Jesse Palmer for the third string, so don't say he can't compete in the NFL...He did a pretty good job for Kentucky in his 4 years having something like 75 TD passes...

I heard the real reason that he didn't make the team was that he didn't hit his target weight and didn't show up for the beginning of camp.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Jared Lorenzen in the NFL!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

He actualy was signed to the practice squad by the Giants, and was beat out by Jesse Palmer for the third string, so don't say he can't compete in the NFL...He did a pretty good job for Kentucky in his 4 years having something like 75 TD passes...

I heard the real reason that he didn't make the team was that he didn't hit his target weight and didn't show up for the beginning of camp.

Please! Jesse Palmer beating out Lorenzen???? Ain't happnin'. The guy was the BACHELOR for crying out loud..

Getting that out of the way, jeep, you're right. Story goes that Lorenzen's contract had a clause in it saying it was void if he didn't make a certain weight (288lbs) by a certain date. That date came around, Lorenzen knew he wasn't even close, and he headed home before he was even cut from the team!

He did get his wish of being a high school football announcer though...

Getting that out of the way, jeep, you're right. Story goes that Lorenzen's contract had a clause in it saying it was void if he didn't make a certain weight (288lbs) by a certain date. That date came around, Lorenzen knew he wasn't even close, and he headed home before he was even cut from the team!

This is correct. The sad thing is he would have made the team after the Manning deal went down for money reasons. But you have to have priorities and eating is high on his list.

I met him once at a church festival and introduced my son to him. We were in line to get pizza. I swear on a stack of bibles. :)