Give Perry a Shot/Signing Rudi...

walzav29

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Rudi IS a better back than McAllister. Rudi has had a bad year so far this year and he STILL has more TDs than McAllister, more yardage (almost twice as many yards), more yards per carry, etc"

Where did you get your information from? Duece has missed 3 games and still has more touchdowns (6 vs 5) and more yds per carry (4.1 vs 3.8) then Rudi. While Rudi does have more yds (he has 315 more yds - not twice as many), he also has more carries (92 more carries) then Duece. I've been a Bengal fan for a long long time, but I have also always tried to be objective as well and not simply a "homer". As I said, Rudi is a very capable RB, I just can't believe there are people out there who would take him over Duece McAlister, or any of the other top RB's in the league.

"Rudi IS a better back than McAllister. Rudi has had a bad year so far this year and he STILL has more TDs than McAllister, more yardage (almost twice as many yards), more yards per carry, etc"

Where did you get your information from? Duece has missed 3 games and still has more touchdowns (6 vs 5) and more yds per carry (4.1 vs 3.8) then Rudi. While Rudi does have more yds (he has 315 more yds - not twice as many), he also has more carries (92 more carries) then Duece. I've been a Bengal fan for a long long time, but I have also always tried to be objective as well and not simply a "homer". As I said, Rudi is a very capable RB, I just can't believe there are people out there who would take him over Duece McAlister, or any of the other top RB's in the league.

MY bad, I looked at the wrong line for TDs and YPC.

I still think Rudi is a better back. After all, he hasn't been injured every year he's been in the league like McAllister

If Rudi's not here it will be because they have someone else that's not on the roster now. Perry is not ready and IMHO will never be. He might be a good change of pace or 3rd down back but he'll never be THE guy. He was only a first round pick because the Bengals drafted him. He would have slid to mid 2nd round if they would have taken Jackson. By far the dumbest mistake in the Marvin era.

Man, give the guy a break he hasn't played but a couple downs ! I think you have to see him play before you can say ML. made a mistake ! The beginning of the season they said he had trouble w/ blocking assignments but you have to figure the time he missed before signing & injuries delayed his progress. I'd bet he knows his assignments now but is just injured. Most if not all the other draft picks are looking very good so I have to think ML knows what he was doing by drafting him so high. I don't think it's fair to compare him to Jackson or to say he's a mistake when he hasn't even played ! GO BENGALS!!! Jonboat

MY bad, I looked at the wrong line for TDs and YPC.

I still think Rudi is a better back. After all, he hasn't been injured every year he's been in the league like McAllister

Dear Homerized Homer,

Dude, WTF are you smoking, profanity deleted - JC

If you know s**t about s**t--then you would know that Duece McAllister was the NFC's TOP RUSHER last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In 2003, if Deuce didn't have his 1641 yards rushing, the AINTS wouldn't have won half of their 8 games.

He rushed for over 1600 yards last year--dude, THAT'S ELITE.

Talk about top of the line schmucks--Dude, Duece McAllister plays for the AINTS--that's why he hasn't got the exposure like say Curtis Martin (NY Exposure) or Marshall Faulk (America's Back). Rudi has the same affliction playing for the

Bungles, so you can relate.

Simply, Rudi is an average back--Deuce McAllister was picked over Ricky FRIGGIN Williams as the AINTS top back and rightfully so. Deuce is one of the top 3 backs in the NFL. That's right--I put him in the Jamal Lewis and Priest Holmes class of NFL Backs.

Here's Deuce's stats for the past 3 years as a starter:

2002 NO 15 15 325 1388 4.3 62 13 65 4 3

2003 NO 16 16 351 1641 4.7 76 8 69 6 4

2004 NO 7 7 114 470 4.1 28 6 32 4 3

CAREER 54 -- 806 3590 4.5 76 28 0 0 0

That's right--pretty much in 2.5 years, Deuce McAllister has almost 3600 yards. He averaged 4.5 for his career.

Now, here's Rudi's stats for this year:

2004 206 785 3.8 36 5 8 27 3.4 8 0 2 2

3.8 ypc is average. Deuce came back from a high ankle sprain in 3 weeks which is unheard of.

Are you thinking of Duce STALEY?????

Deuce McAllister was injured only one time (this year) in his whole career.

I think you may want to reconsider your argument.

;)

I agree with you jonboat.  Remember how everyone said that  Marvin picked almost all of his people at least a half of a round early.  Making just a few people eat their words on that one.  Personally, I don't think he has it, but I'm willling to give Marvin the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah, I hear ya ! I think this coaching staff right now is coaching these guys up to there potential which is great to see. IMHO I don't think that was happening in the past. I don't know if he has it or not but we won't know until he finally gets on the field & you're right I think we have to give ML the benefit of the doubt , so far it does'nt seem he's misjudged the talent of the other picks so I have to believe he may be right about Perry. I have to admit it's a little frustrating not to have seen him yet , hopefully we will soon & he proves he was worth being our # 1 pick !! GO BENGALS!!! Jonboat

I can't help but believe that the Bengals will draft another RB this year....I just feel it....

Personally, I think they should resign Rudi, with the right blocking in front of him I think he could bust out of the capable/serviceable category into the ranks of the 1200-1400 yards per year category...but that is on the O Line.....

I can't help but believe that the Bengals will draft another RB this year....I just feel it....

Personally, I think they should resign Rudi, with the right blocking in front of him I think he could bust out of the capable/serviceable category into the ranks of the 1200-1400 yards per year category...but that is on the O Line.....

Any somewhat decent back fits that catagory. The o-line is so much more important than the actual back getting the ball. (not always the case, see Barry Sanders)

Of course if they lose Rudi they will draft a back, they'd only have two on the roster (Watson is a Restricted FA and you gotta think he ain't going anywhere)