Give Perry a Shot/Signing Rudi...

walzav29

Darn SkippY!

Get Alexander and send Rudi packing and get this guy and sign Watson to a contract for a few years.

Then you have Alexander, Watson, and Perry in the backfield. Alexander catches passes well and is a grizzled, powerhouse veteran, Perry can learn a lot from him. Watson still makes a good utility 3rd down back.

Do You Really Think that KW on the roster is a better option than RJ or is it that you think that RJ would not stay in the system in a supporting role

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darn SkippY!

Get Alexander and send Rudi packing and get this guy and sign Watson to a contract for a few years.

Then you have Alexander, Watson, and Perry in the backfield. Alexander catches passes well and is a grizzled, powerhouse veteran, Perry can learn a lot from him. Watson still makes a good utility 3rd down back.

Do You Really Think that KW on the roster is a better option than RJ or is it that you think that RJ would not stay in the system in a supporting role

Can Rudi Johnson catch like Kenny Watson? And do you realize how much Rudi Johnson is goign to expect to be paid? We'll have 40 million in our running backs if we kept rudi and signed alexander.

Can Rudi Johnson catch like Kenny Watson? And do you realize how much Rudi Johnson is going to expect to be paid? We'll have 40 million in our running backs if we kept rudi and signed alexander.

Have you ever heard the expression play with the hand your dealt. To Start with you are assuming that Shaun Alexander is already Signed and are also assuming contract values, acceleraters and incentives. How in gods name do you arrive at your conclusions

Can Rudi Johnson catch like Kenny Watson? And do you realize how much Rudi Johnson is going to expect to be paid? We'll have 40 million in our running backs if we kept rudi and signed alexander.

Have you ever heard the expression play with the hand your dealt. To Start with you are assuming that Shaun Alexander is already Signed and are also assuming contract values, acceleraters and incentives. How in gods name do you arrive at your conclusions

It's what we are talkign about in this thread idiot. Signing Alexander. And notice I said if we sign alexander. Maybe you need to learn how to read.

IMHO, if Cincinnati has the chance to bring in the former Boone County Kentucky high school star Shaun Alexander, the Bengals should absolutely do so, regardless of any RB currently on the roster!

Is this the reason Rudi doesn't have an offer yet? Could be....

I also think Rudi has had several nice games and has showed progress but he is not a back like Alexander or Edgerrin. He is a notch below. He does not catch as well, he does not cut as well and he run off right guard/tackle predictably.

You must be talking about the old Edgerrin. Rudi hits the holes faster than E.J. and he can punch it in from down close. Something the Edge can no longer do.

For all you pro Perry fans you are crazy if you think he will start next year. At best he will be a third down back. If it's not Rudi next year it will be someone other than Perry. He can't block, doesn't know the playbook, and he isn't patient when running the ball.

BTW, we have a good shot a Alexander. More than you'll ever know. ;)

If Rudi's not here it will be because they have someone else that's not on the roster now. Perry is not ready and IMHO will never be. He might be a good change of pace or 3rd down back but he'll never be THE guy. He was only a first round pick because the Bengals drafted him. He would have slid to mid 2nd round if they would have taken Jackson. By far the dumbest mistake in the Marvin era.

It's what we are talkign about in this thread idiot. Signing Alexander. And notice I said if we sign alexander. Maybe you need to learn how to read.

Thanks for the reply, I,m not sure why you choose to call me an idiot, but if that's your approach to things so be it BTW perhaps you should learn to spell.

One more thing this thread started off about Perry VS Rudi ??? Some of the people on this site hang around and wait to jump on anything said rather than simply offer up good ideas, opinions and conversation. I joined this site on Jan 27 2004 and have posted around 20 times choosing to read, observe and possibly learn a thing or two. Once again many thanks for your reply assmunch.

yeah seatle has to many guys to resign, there star ot, hasselbeck, and alexander, so he is going to be a free agent, i would want him

I doubt Holmgreen let's Alexander get away. They'll likely franchise him instead of Jones next year.

BTW what is the top 5 salary avg. for 1 yr. at RB for the franchise tag? I'd bet it's higher than any team would be willing to sign Rudi for.

ya i agree that they should franchise him but they might not. if they dont, bengals have a great shot at signing him.

My opinion still stands...rudi hasnt had an unbelievable game all season like he did last season. He has done nothing to individually help us to win games. Nothing extraordinary.

How can someone say that perry wont be our back when he hasnt had a shot due to injury. Thats like saying we should just cut weathersby cuz of his injuries over the last 2 years. Talent is talent and perry is marvin's kind of back. He can do everything. Once he gets healthy and a full offseason in strength training he'll put on some weight. He'll be our back if alexander is not.

One more thing this thread started off about Perry VS Rudi ??? Some of the people on this site hang around and wait to jump on anything said rather than simply offer up good ideas, opinions and conversation. I joined this site on Jan 27 2004 and have posted around 20 times choosing to read, observe and possibly learn a thing or two. Once again many thanks for your reply assmunch.

This isn't really necessary, is it guy's? Try to have a little patience with your fellow members here. If someone posts something you don't agree with, or don't understand, fine. Ask them about it, or straighten it out without being rude.

We got one whole forum dedicated to unnecessary rudeness if you just can resist...

Darn SkippY!

Thanks I could'nt agree more. Please note my original post below and see if you can find anything nasty or rude. :blink::blink:

BTW what is the top 5 salary avg. for 1 yr. at RB for the franchise tag? I'd bet it's higher than any team would be willing to sign Rudi for.

The RB franchise tag should cost about $6 million/year, give or take a million. And I agree, I don't see anyone ponying up that kind of coin based on what he's done this year.

What the Bengals may do is slap the transition tag on him, like they did wth Spikes. That will give them the right to match, which would prevent some lowball offer from stealing him away. The average of the top 10 backs won't be as bad, and they have cap space next year to absorb the hit.

Frankly, I don't think that using either tag on Rudi was in the plans last April. You don't take an RB in round 1 unless you intend to make him your starter. However, Perry's injury has meant they haven't been able to get a look at him, and they may feel the need to hedge their bets.

Stephen Jackson scored again.

Chris Perry, MIA.

Roethlisberger won again, Eli Manning, Philip Rivers still on the bench, what's your point?

Deltha O'neal and Robert Geathers are playing well enough to cover the fact that we don't have Jackson. That's without seeing if Perry will ever even play. O'neal is playing like a 1st round pick, and we got him for trading down. Geathers is showing he will be a good compliment to Justin Smith at end, and is worth any difference between Perry and Jackson. Yes, Jackson is playing well, but then again, he's playing behind a great Oline and with a major passing threat. I mean come on, Faulk is still getting 100 yard games and they are throwing in Jackson. It's not just the running back, it's the greatest show on turf....

But you are smarter than anyone who actually thinks the Bengals won decisively this week aren't you...

It's not just the running back, it's the greatest show on turf....

NOPE. That team got dismantled. They are no longer the "Track Team" that Kurt Warner would heave 70-yard bombs to anymore. Defensive Coordinators around the league have been exposing Mike Martz' little passing fascade for some time now. If you weren't such a homerized space cadet, you would have figured this out by now.

;)

So, LITTLE PATHETIC THING, where are you going next????

This should be insightful.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's not just the running back, it's the greatest show on turf....

NOPE. That team got dismantled. They are no longer the "Track Team" that Kurt Warner would heave 70-yard bombs to anymore. Defensive Coordinators around the league have been exposing Mike Martz' little passing fascade for some time now. If you weren't such a homerized space cadet, you would have figured this out by now.

;)

So, LITTLE PATHETIC THING, where are you going next????

This should be insightful.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well Barbarian, you pathetic pubic itch, the Rams are still the #3 passing attack in the NFC, and have the #6 rushing attack in the NFC. The only player NOT still playing in Saint Louis for the greatest show on turf is Kurt Warner, who was replaced by a guy who is BETTER than he was. It's not about a "track team", and it never was. Isaac Bruce, Tory Holt, and Marshall Faulk, combined with a great offensive line including guys like Orlando Pace, Timmerman, Williams, and Manumaleuna at tight end make the team, not Kurt Wanner. But if you weren't so caught up in whining bitching and looking like a complete ass 24/7, you would have figured that out by now.

If defensive coordinators around the league have been exposig Martz passing fascade, why is it that they are tied for first place in their division, haven't lost a single game in their division, and STILL keep putting up points? This isn't about just a passing offense, it is about a powerhouse offense that puts up points. And it still works.

Now put down the steroids, quit bending over, and pull up your pants.

"Get off Rudi's jock people, he's a top 10, if not top 5, caliber NFL RB and will be eventually."

So Rudi is a top 10 or even a top 5 back in the NFL? I'm having a little trouble figuring out who you think he is better then......is it Holmes, Portis, Tomlinson, Green, Alexander, McAlister, Lewis, Dillon, Martin or Faulk? Heck, I'd even put James, Taylor, Barber and Staley easily ahead of Rudi. The words that come to mind when describing Rudi Johnson are serviceable, capable.....that's not the type of RB we need. We need someone who is in that top echelon of players. No matter what you think of Perry, we won't know if he is that type of player until he gets on the field - regardless of what all of the Perry haters here think.

Rudi IS a better back than McAllister. Rudi has had a bad year so far this year and he STILL has more TDs than McAllister, more yardage (almost twice as many yards), more yards per carry, etc.

And that's with an offensive line that had more injuries than the emergency room at Good Samaritan Hospital early in the season.

Rudi IS a better back than McAllister.

Also, don't forget McAllister has missed time and is still hurt.

Rudi has had a bad year...

Doesn't say much when this is his first full season starting.

And that's with an offensive line that had more injuries than the emergency room at Good Samaritan Hospital early in the season.

I found this interesting.

From week 1-4 -- when the O-line was injured and shuffling around -- Rudi Johnson averaged 3.85 yards per rush.

From week 6-now -- all games in which all the starters on the line started -- Rudi Johnson averaged 3.77 yards per rush.

From week 1-4 -- Carson Palmer was sacked 11 times, an average 2.75 per game.

From week 6-now -- Carson Palmer was sacked 8 times, an average 1.6 per game.

Moral of the story, the offensive line being hurt didn't hurt the running game directly, it hurt the passing game. Now Palmer has time to pass, it spreads the offense around subsequently allows Rudi to have bigger and better rushing lanes.