Time to scout our 2005 draft!

As far as the Bucks in the draft:

Seniors:

Simon Fraser: He's a defensive lineman, but he isn't very good. I'd be surprised if he were drafted. I believe he didn't even start against Indiana.

Brandon Joe: He's a fullback. He has some ability and likes to hit people, but he gets hurt too much. He has only played sparingly this season due to injuries, so he probably won't be drafted.

Dustin Fox: He's a corner for the Bucks, and a pretty good one. However, he has always been projected as a safety. He would actually be a pretty good pickup for the Bengals - a much more physical and athletic Kevin Kaesviharn. I have no clue where he would be drafted, probably in the later rounds. Don't let his whiteness fool you, he runs a 4.3 and had the highest vertical on the team in 2002.

Mike Nugent: Great kicker, but we already have a kicker.

Kyle Turano: Punter. Nothing special.

Mike Kne: Offensive linemen. No future in the NFL, and I don't think he starts for the Bucks anymore.

Underclassmen: Personally, I don't see any underclassmen coming out for the Bucks this year. AJ Hawk and Santonio Holmes are the guys most likely to leave, but I believe Holmes already said he was staying, and I haven't heard any rumor that Hawk wanted to leave.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Mike Williams is available, we have to take him.

Godd*mn right. He'd have been either the 1st or 2nd WR picked last year. The only question is how far he falls in draft after lay off.

This year's draft is shaping up for lots of picks at WR and O-line (except C). I'd be less surpised to see the Bengals take a WR or OT in 1st in 2005 than I was to see Perry picked.

Not sure who the free agents at DT will be next year, but that seems the more likely route for immediate impact anyway. Plus lots of dead money will be gone.

That's right West Virginia would kick the s**t out of Ohio St.    Hell our "B" Team (Marshall) had you beat at THE SHOE and what about Northwestern? Now that's a bad loss.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Hey, how about them Virginia Tech Hokies!! Whoo hoo!

Are you comparing Northwestern and Virginia Tech? If that's the case how about Wisconsin and Iowa? Ohio St. is looking at 6-5 at best with a game at Purdue and another against Michigan. Don't slip up in the next two weeks or you won't even get to go bowling. :lol:

From what I can tell Rolle would be first on my board. Does anybody know anything about Michael Boley (LB, Southern Miss)? I watched him play in one game this year and thought he could be a potential freak at LB. He might be a bit undersized but that seems to be the direction we are headed.

I've seen some talk about Michael Munoz on this thread. I like that selection from a sentimental standpoint but does he really fill a need for us in the 2nd or 3rd round? We've got Levi at LT. He's been solid (injuries aside). Is it time to start grooming a successor for Willie? He hasn't had any major injury issues. I think he's got some years left, but can we afford his next big contract?

This isn't the right situation for Munoz, he wants to play, and he won't play here unless there is an injury. I think Rolle is overrated, besides we drafted two secondary players in the second round last year, lets give them a chance to develop and play. I think we need depth at both interior lines, wr, and lb. We should be able to get some good picks, we have done well in the draft since Marvin arrived.

OH State, let's be real, is in a down year... West VA is on the rise, not too much of an argument to deny that. Besides Va Tech is a good team, did anyone see what they did in the last 5 minutes of the game thursday. It was pretty remarkable. But c'mon, isn't everyone playing for second these days behind the Men of Troy. (USC) I didn't want any Troy State jokes....

:P

In terms of the draft, we gotta go D-line!

A Wisconsin D-lineman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:player: :player: :player: :player: :player:

In terms of the draft, we gotta go D-line!

A Wisconsin D-lineman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:player: :player: :player: :player: :player:

A smart man ALWAYS see's his biggest problem, and his 1st move to rectify it!

Even just ONE good/great defensive linemen would reap huge benefits for the Bengals! :player: