Time to scout our 2005 draft!

It looks like the 2005 DTs won't be a bumper crop like 2004.

I'm doubting there's a dominant one in the bunch.

The few senior DTs that I've noticed playing so far this year are Hawthorne, Anthony Montgomery Minn. (6-5, 315), Travis Johnson Fla. St. (6-5, 286), Anthony Bryant Bama (6-3, 336).

A couple I'd like to see are Albert Means of Memphis and Atiyyah Ellison of Mizzou.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also believe that because this is not a good year for DT, Rodrique Wright may also come out for this draft.

But I like a good fast LB like Derrick Johnson, better than any of these DT.

But I like a good fast LB like Derrick Johnson, better than any of these DT.

Without a DT, this guy or any other guy won't be doing squat--because they'll have an Offensive Lineman hitting them in the mouth.

DT is the key. The Bungles have to acquire 2 DTs next year, either by FA (preferable) or by Draft. It should have been Wilfork LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Mikey Boy.

;)

Ditto w/ the Barbarian.

Plus Derrick Johnson is a weakside backer and will not solve MLB or strongside problems.

If Bengals are top 10 pick, I'd be for Spears, who's as big as our starting DTs even though he plays DE for LSU, or Hawthorne.

It'll be interesting to see how the junior Rodrique Wright does down the stretch for Longhorns.

If Bengals go backer, there's some solid 2nd or 3rd rounders, IMO, based on what I've seen.

Alfred Fincher UConn 6-1, 240 ILB. Looked great vs. WVA

Marcus Jones. He's listed as an LB but plays down at DE. In watching a good chunk of UL-Miami and first half of UL-USF, this guy is all over the place and can deal well w/ big RTs. He's listed at 235 but looks more like 250.

Robert McCune UL MLB 6-1, 245 w/ 4.43 speed. This guy is a brute who was actually covering WRs a couple times vs. USF. Only downside is he's 25 years old after entering college from national guard service.

I saw our first round pick, hopefully, this weekend, wearing Maize and Blue and weighing in at a svelte 345 lbs, Gabe Watson. The massive dt, who has lost 30 lbs, is the run stuffer we need. You heard it hear first people, Gabe Watson. Not only is he huge but he is a great athele for his size. I saw him pursue and chase down Kyle Orton a few times during the game on Saturday.

78 Gabriel Watson DT 6-4 333 JR (2V) Novi, MI (Southfield HS)

hawthorne is a monster, he's 6-3 320lb i think, marlin jackson would be a good early mid 1st round pick, and derrick johnson i think will go top 4, i compare him to lavar arrington.

i think the miami corner rolle will be a good nfl player but he hasn't shown me much this year, i see him going mid 1st round.

I wonder when AJ Hawk will go...any chance of him squeaking to second round? That kid has a non-stop motor and he is SMART.

Agreed on the DT need. If we don't address that first and foremost we will be in the same hole next year that we are in now.

aj hawk is a special teamer, i think he's a 4th-5th round pick.