AFC Championship: Bengals @ Chiefs

HoosierCat

The Patriots were a trash can before Brady showed up. This is how it has worked for decades, and folks are still slow to accept it outside the fanbase. And then, when they finally come to realize that their initial impression was wrong... many move straight to hating instead of commending.

So fuck 'em. Let's win a Lombardi.

43 minutes ago, membengal said:

Man, you are old. Even I know that one. Talk to your offspring, friend.

Means - "I'm the man - I'm the chosen one I'm the one you've been waiting on - I'm HIM" - used a lot with the obs --- "He is HIM" 

Hey, I already said it was a stupid question.  The old comments are off the table !!  LOL...
In all honesty I've never heard that expression before.  My oldness has been weighing heavily on my mind lately.
SHIT, where did I put my readers ??

16 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

This week's bulletin board material..... win for Zac.   Somehow he has been left off the coach of year finalist. 

I was going to make the same comment.
Many calling the Bengals the team most likely to fall off from last year and how they just caught lightning in a bottle.
Now here they are, on the doorstep from making their second Super Bowl appearance in a row.
Nope, nothing to see here...

23 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

This week's bulletin board material..... win for Zac.   Somehow he has been left off the coach of year finalist. 

The media just don’t know what to make of this team. Like stripes said, change is often recognized only slowly and in hindsight. As the clip. posted earlier shows, everyone was all in in 2020 on the Bengals “ending Joe’s career before it began.” And to everyone’s credit, it did look like they were right when the poor oline gave way and Burrow ended up on IR with a shredded knee.

But everyone loves a good comeback story, so the following year when Burrow returned to lead the Bengals to an improbable (according to them) SB berth, well, y’know, stuff happens. Stopped clock, blind squirrel, Super Bowl Bengals, all the same.

But this year, well, they’d had enough of that. Time for the Bengals to go back to being the Bungles and normalcy to return. And again to their credit, all the “Super Bowl hangover” talk looked prescient when the team started 0-2. After that they got left for dead until a few weeks ago when everyone realized, wait, what, the Bengals are still in this?!?! And that’s why, among other things, Taylor didn’t get a nod for coach of the year.

A Lombardi might finally put paid to this nonsense. I dearly hope they do it.

A few low-level implications of the game Sunday:

Win, and Joe Burrow is the most successful Bengals QB ever by any inspired measure.

Win, and Zac Taylor is the most successful Bengals coach ever by any inspired measure.

Win, and Ja'Marr Chase is two for two in the category "play NFL season, play in Super Bowl" (same goes for all 2021 picks).

Win, and Mike Brown will have as many Super Bowl appearances as the owner as his father had.

Obviously the journey doesn't end there, and there are bigger goals. But these are still remarkable prospects.

• Like 1

See ??  It's the last 4 words of that comment that differentiates Burrow from the others when it comes to mindset.
Most would have simply said, "To me they're still the team to beat" and left it at that.  Almost providing an excuse if you lose, or conceding loss.
However, the addition of "and we're coming for them" changes EVERYTHING regarding mindset.
It's savage...

20 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

See ??  It's the last 4 words of that comment that differentiates Burrow from the others when it comes to mindset.
Most would have simply said, "To me they're still the team to beat" and left it at that.  Almost providing an excuse if you lose, or conceding loss.
However, the addition of "and we're coming for them" changes EVERYTHING regarding mindset.
It's savage...

it really is. He gives respect and THEN declares ill intent. It's perfect. 

57 minutes ago, Stripes said:

I will be performing all the necessary voodoo to enhance and repair Cappa's ankle so that he may join in the domination.

we're counting on you, Stripes

might as well offer Jobu in some extra top-shelf rum for Jonah as well

dont forget the hand rolled cuban cigars

Im just worried that he'll want potato cakes from Arbys