Divisional Weekend: Bengals @ Bills

HoosierCat

2 hours ago, cincyhokie said:

The last 5 games the Bengals have played Browns, Bucs, Patriots, Ravens, Ravens.  All of those defenses had a significant advantage against the Bengals O-line.

The Bengals went 5-0. The Bills, Chiefs, and Jags are not those teams. 

Yep that’s accurate .  The defense to watch out for is the 49ers in the Super Bowl. 

Bengals 2020 draft:

Burrow 1 (1)
Higgins 2 (33)
Wilson 3 (65)
Davis-Gaither 4 (107)
Kareem 5 (147)
Adeniji 6 (180)
Bailey 7 (215)

Perfectly reasonable to wonder if this is the strongest Bengals draft class ever. All of them have made some kind of difference, and six are on the team now. All of those six played an important role in last night's playoff win. (Burrow = duh | Higgins, two point conversion | Wilson, amazing FF | ADG, interception | Adeniji, spot starting RT | Bailey, block to help Hubbard score).

3 hours ago, Stripes said:

Bengals 2020 draft:

Burrow 1 (1)
Higgins 2 (33)
Wilson 3 (65)
Davis-Gaither 4 (107)
Kareem 5 (147)
Adeniji 6 (180)
Bailey 7 (215)

Perfectly reasonable to wonder if this is the strongest Bengals draft class ever. All of them have made some kind of difference, and six are on the team now. All of those six played an important role in last night's playoff win. (Burrow = duh | Higgins, two point conversion | Wilson, amazing FF | ADG, interception | Adeniji, spot starting RT | Bailey, block to help Hubbard score).

Great post Stripes, but curious minds want to know…

How did it go today ??

Did you get the job or do we need to send the Bengalszone covert operatives to go handle their mistake ??

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Great post Stripes, but curious minds want to know…

How did it go today ??

Did you get the job or do we need to send the Bengalszone covert operatives to go handle their mistake ??

Thanks, Army! I think it went well. It felt like it went well. I am not great at reading cues though, so I won’t know until they tell me. It’s a professor position in Europe, so life will definitely be taking a turn either way.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

I gave them an F for failing to address the aging long snapper position. Clearly I was far ahead of my time.

Let the record show my Burrow love pre-draft was, if anything, understated.

56 minutes ago, Stripes said:

Thanks, Army! I think it went well. It felt like it went well. I am not great at reading cues though, so I won’t know until they tell me. It’s a professor position in Europe, so life will definitely be taking a turn either way.

That sounds awesome !! Rooting for you.

So two questions…
What do you teach ?
Where in Europe ?

Went back and looked. I gave the 2020 draft and “A”. Mentioned repeatedly my love of the Marcus Bailey pick and thought people really overlooked what Tee’s game was about. I had an concern with not addressing o-line when Josh Jones was there to take, but we went with Logan Wilson and certainly won’t complain about that as Jones had some drug concerns and probably wasn’t a good fit.

Glad to have gotten that one right.

1 hour ago, Stripes said:

I teach primarily cognitive science and statistics. The position is in Switzerland. Might be tough to find a Bengals bar.

That’s awesome.

Switzerland is beautiful. Stationed in Germany early in my career and then took family back a few years ago. Along with Germany, France and Austria, we hit up both Zurich and Liechtenstein. Would love to take them back again.

Good luck brother !!

• Thanks 1

Is Miami seriously thinking about signing Brady?  I’ve seen that rumor making the rounds.  Insane.  Brady misses wide open 12 yard throws.  Maybe they love that when pass protection breaks down he can, with his legs, buy them up to another one one hundredth of a second.  If they sign Brady, Tyreek Hill should just start the trade demands.

I'm really looking forward to it. 
This will be my son's and mine first game at Bills stadium and I have no concerns with being an opposing fan surrounded by Bills faithful.

Odd facts:
Not once during my time in the Army (02/1990 - 03/2011), did the Bengals beat the Bills.  The Bengals were 0-9 against the them.
In the last 6 games between them, only once was the game decided by more than 4 points.  The Bengals won that game 34-21 in 2015.
In those last 6 games, the Bengals are 4-2, with the Bills beating us in our last matchup in 2019.

48 minutes ago, Stripes said:

I'm developing odd confidence about this game as the week proceeds.

Not sure if it's justified faith in the established process, or if it's pure homer junk. But I think I see multiple lanes for this game to end with a W.

I’m the same. And maybe more interesting is that I feel just as confident as I did when they were playing the Bills army home.

Buffalo has ALL the pressure on them.