Divisional Weekend: Bengals @ Bills

HoosierCat

I really wish Eli Apple would just shut the fuck up. Yeah, Diggs didn’t have a great game, but don’t get it twisted.

The Bills aren’t getting rid of Diggs any time in the near future. Apple could be gone after the last snap of the season, whenever that will be, and most won’t bat an eye. While he has done better here than his previous stops, he’s far from a top shelf starter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

I really wish Eli Apple would just shut the fuck up. Yeah, Diggs didn’t have a great game, but don’t get it twisted.

The Bills aren’t getting rid of Diggs any time in the near future. Apple could be gone after the last snap of the season, whenever that will be, and most won’t bat an eye. While he has done better here than his previous stops, he’s far from a top shelf starter.

Yea not sure why he keeps running his mouth, maybe he is drunk or something. If he just said one thing, ok, but he just doesn’t stop talking. I know he is a trash talker, but he was quite all year long till now, so not sure if something was said to him or not. 

I thought the Eli "Cancun on 3" response was hilarious.     At this point it is what it is.   He'll catch hell on social media the next big play he gives up but its clear the twitter ramblings doesn't effect much with him on the field.   He'll be up and down.

Feel the same about Zac digging the knife about neutral site stuff.

5 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Just real quick.  I saw the highest graded players from the Bills game, but couldn't find how they graded the o-line.
Anyone ??  Just curious more than anything.

Everyone was solid other than Adeniji, who was middling (if I recall). Carman received strong marks in pass protection.

4 minutes ago, Stripes said:

I don't have the run-blocking grades on-hand.

Saw this on another board.   15 total pressures?   Really did not seem like it.   Given 36 attempts that would be 42%.  

What Burrow/Bengals were doing early in the game was moving the launch point (whether there was pressure or not).   Burrow pressed the LOS a couple times early in the game.    I wonder if they are counting these are "pressure".  

Yeah, not all in on the grades and certainly don't think they paint the picture adequately.
Something about them just intrigues me though and I like to see how they shake out in comparison to what I saw with my own eyes.
What I saw was an o-line that everyone thought was going to get ran the fuck over by the Bills "elite" defense, hold their own.
Whether that was due to amazing play on their part, the game planning by the coaches, the quick release by Burrow or a combination of all....

IT WAS AWESOME !!!

JT’s video above actually goes into this a little bit. He’s not only showcasing good throws by Burrow but also highlights play design in several instances and how the Bengals schemed guys open. There’s even a running play he highlights about halfway through literally for the lols that involved using presnap motion to set up the Bills’ nickel corner to be absolutely flattened by Adenji who post snap comes all the way from RT to basically LG to plow the road.

Bottom line, there was a lot of great play on the field but Taylor and Callahan were dialed in last week too. 

• 5 months later...

Just read where the Bills starting LT, Dion Dawkins, said during the Bengals playoff game the Bills were just flat.

It's odd, because I can remember turning to my son at the game and saying, "It's weird, the Bills don't seem like the Bills today".  I think he's right that they were just flat.  Not placing blame, but rather curious how much the Damar Hamlin situation from the Monday Night game and all the emotions between the two clubs really impacted things for them?

While I think the Bengals obviously felt bad for Hamlin and gave mass support to him and the Bills team, I think coach Taylor did a great job keeping them focused.  A big, exciting win over the Ravens, followed by getting hyped over the whole coin flip bullshit, had the team in a different headspace.  The Bills seemingly just had a, it's the Bengals and Damar almost died last game kind of vibe.

Still loved being at that game and hearing the Bengals fans in Buffalo chanting WHODEY all way into the upper deck !!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

when you were in Buffalo, did you do these things you can do in Buffalo?

eat at the original chicken wings place

eat a beef on weck sandwich

meet Joe Goodberry

When I was in Buffalo, I did next to nothing outside of football, pizza and wings.
None of those had anything to do specifically with Buffalo.
After that trip, I've added Buffalo to the list of cities I would nuke if that were feasible.

Yes, I have a list like that...