Divisional Weekend: Bengals @ Bills

HoosierCat

16 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

Looking forward to it, to bad they are going in even worse then they came into tonight’s game. Man I wanna believe in this o-line, but after what I saw not really sure. At least it’s not a division game this time so that’s a positive.

given that they are missing 3/5 of their line, just re-set your expectations and cut them some slack. No NFL team can lose both starting Ts and a G in 3 weeks and look the same. 

New NFL rule, if two teams from the same division are matched up on wildcard weekend, they play it as normal.  But if there are two such games on wildcard weekend like today, then regardless of records they switch those teams up so both games feature inter division matchups.  I’m tired of this play the same team three times bullshit.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, COB said:

New NFL rule, if two teams from the same division are matched up on wildcard weekend, they play it as normal.  But if there are two such games on wildcard weekend like today, then regardless of records they switch those teams up so both games feature inter division matchups.  I’m tired of this play the same team three times bullshit.

Y’know…I could get behind that idea. 

Hard to say much more about tonight’s game except it’s a division rival that knows the Bengals very well. Buffalo is not afforded that same luxury. Our o-line getting injured all to hell doesn’t help matters, but it will be interesting.

I can’t call the outcome. These teams are both really good.

I have to wonder how much of a drop-off in talent Carman and Adeniji actually are at OT.   Jonah and Colins are 2 of the worst OT's in the NFL at this point, Jonah arguably the worst LT, so how much worse can it get?

I'm more worried about Scharping and how bad he was last night, just getting Burrow killed.  If Cappas can make it back that would be huge.   

Agree with hokie this is the best defense they'll face the rest of the way most likely.   So I try not to be too concerned about it.

That said, for the love of God find some OT's that don't get hurt constantly and a position coaching/scouting staff that can identify and develop o-lineman - whatever they're doing with that group, do the opposite.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cincyhokie said:

The last 5 games the Bengals have played Browns, Bucs, Patriots, Ravens, Ravens.  All 5 of those defenses had a significant advantage against the Bengals O-line.

The Bengals went 5-0. The Bills, Chiefs, and Jags are not those teams. 

Keep the positive info flowing because our o-line play once Collins went out has me balled up in a dark room flipping a lamp switch on and off.  

Off topic - was anyone else freaking out as Hubbard ran that fumble back?  Specifically our convoy of players running behind/alongside Hubbard barely seemed to notice Baltimore’s Andrews pretty much running the whole play down.  They half ass shoved him once, almost putting him in better position, then finished him off with a somewhat questionable block.  

37 minutes ago, COB said:

Keep the positive info flowing because our o-line play once Collins went out has me balled up in a dark room flipping a lamp switch on and off.  

I don't expect them to get to the SB again with that line, I just don't know how it can happen, but it did last year, yet repeating that will be monumental going to KC and Buffalo to get there.   Just glad they won last night and we can enjoy winning football at this level vs the drek the Marvin years always ended-up in.

Just please keep Burrow healthy as he's the key to keeping them in this situation.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, COB said:

Off topic - was anyone else freaking out as Hubbard ran that fumble back?  Specifically our convoy of players running behind/alongside Hubbard barely seemed to notice Baltimore’s Andrews pretty much running the whole play down.  They half ass shoved him once, almost putting him in better position, then finished him off with a somewhat questionable block.  

I was hesitant to celebrate, because I wasn’t sure Huntley hadn’t gotten it over the plane until the replay.

Just now, cincyhokie said:

The more I think of how they win this game, the more I think they have to establish the run. The Bills d line is not the Ravens. Or Pats. 

There's certainly an argument for it. I think it'd also shorten the game advantageously. The Bengals can win a shootout, but I'd prefer we don't expose Apple and CTB to that kind of game if it can be avoided.