Week 18: Ravens @ Bengals

HoosierCat

Just now, HoosierCat said:

They turtled up on offense in the second half, probably trying to save some things for next week. Big things that needs to happen are Joe honing his accuracy and Tee and Chase catching balls that hit them in the hands. If that happens the run game will come along and they will be fine.

We’ll see a very different Bengals next week.

I believe 

• Like 2

so they could move Karras to RG and put Hill in as the Center

Or keep Karras where he is and play Scharping (or possibly even Carmen, tho unlikely) at RG

I'll take the latter as I think we have more backups available at RG than C

I'd have to bet that they will have D'Ante active next week unless Cappa is fine, tho I suspect he isnt 

4 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

so they could move Karras to RG and put Hill in as the Center

Or keep Karras where he is and play Scharping (or possibly even Carmen, tho unlikely) at RG

I'll take the latter as I think we have more backups available at RG than C

I'd have to bet that they will have D'Ante active next week unless Cappa is fine, tho I suspect he isnt 

That looked bad on TV and went off in a cart - I can't imagine he's going to be back.  

3 minutes ago, cincyhokie said:

Hoping Kappa just has a sprain. If so he can come back at some point. If it’s broken, he’s out. Good news is that he should be ready by next season as it’s not a knee injury.

Yup. I’m assuming he’s out for this year but should be good to go by next fall.

36 minutes ago, Aycliffebengal said:

I have a feeling the ravens were holding Lamar Jackson back for the playoffs and I guess we’ll find out next week but it will be a whole different game if he plays….

I can assure, from living in baltmore, they were not. No one knows what's going on with Lamar, even the team. Harbaugh has been frustrated with him for weeks. Lamar may play, but it won't be because the ravens were "holding him back". 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Aycliffebengal said:

I have a feeling the ravens were holding Lamar Jackson back for the playoffs and I guess we’ll find out next week but it will be a whole different game if he plays….

Its a big mystery in Baltimore.   There's alot of fans that think they've already seen his last game as a raven.   I say bring him on. 

My guess re: Lamar is that there are only two things that could get him on the field next weekend.

One, a new fully guaranteed contract like Watson got from Cleveland. I would estimate the chances of that happening at less than zero.

Two, an agreement that the Ravens will not use the exclusive franchise tag on him this year. Jackson would like no tag at all, but the chances of that are also less than zero; Baltimore is not going to just let him walk for nothing. With the non-exclusive tag, he can negotiate with other teams, and the rumor mill says the Jets are prepared to give up the moon and stars for him.

• 2 weeks later...

Now the Ravens are like, “you’re our guy Lamar, we’ll let you pick the new offensive coordinator.”  Lamar’s like, “can’t help, too busy reading Deshaun Watson’s contract and sending out cryptic tweets about how you should take care of things you love.”

From an agent’s perspective, Lamar has played this perfectly.  He’s obviously worth whatever Watson got and more.  He’s milked a non- surgery injury to the absolute hilt and beyond.  

The Ravens don’t want to give him a fully guaranteed deal.  And they probably want to get him below market value.  Lamar has definitely sent the signal - you had better not tag me because the first sprain or strain I get will result in me taking the rest of the season off.  His refusal to travel with the team to the playoff game in Cincy was, I think, a master stroke of negotiating.  It says - I straight up don’t give a fuck.  Pay me or goodbye.