Week 16: Bengals @ Patriots

HoosierCat

There are some experienced DEs out there that they could rent for a game or three

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/12/19/23517026/nfl-free-agents-2022-de-bengals-sam-hubbard-injury

The main problem tho that I am certain they dont want to put either of the starters on IR and as such they have to release someone to sign someone

but I guess they could sign one to the PS then elevate them for game day

53 minutes ago, Stripes said:

Apparently Hurst was limited at practice, which means he was at practice. Another promising and mildly surprising development.

It's going to be 5 degrees Sat. during the game I believe.  -15 that night for a low.  Not so sure about chancing hammy's and gimpy muscle injuries I guess.

1 hour ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

It's going to be 5 degrees Sat. during the game I believe.  -15 that night for a low.  Not so sure about chancing hammy's and gimpy muscle injuries I guess.

That's in cincinnati. Game is in NE. High of 28 there. 

1 seed. Full throttle.

Anyone that can go will go. I suspect the coaches will be less conservative than they often have been about this kind of thing. Even the 2 seed provides a huge edge (most likely hosting the Bills or Chiefs in the divisional round instead of traveling to them). Gotta keep winning.

Injury report after yesterday’s walkthrough:

Taylor gave absolutely no time lines. He gave the Marvin Lewis "We'll see," for everybody to see how they respond during the week, even defensive end Sam Hubbard (calf), reportedly out a few weeks but that report hasn't been confirmed by the Bengals.

Because it was a walk-through, the Bengals had to submit an estimated injury report and there was good news on it. Sack ace Trey Hendrickson (wrist), who missed last week, was marked limited. Same with slot cornerback Mike Hilton (ankle) and starting cornerback Cam Taylor-Britt (shoulder stinger), who left late in Tampa. Backup slot cornerback Jalen Davis (thumb), out last week also went limited. Tight end Hayden Hurst (calf) who has missed the last two games, was limited, as was wide receiver Tee Higgins (hamstring) after his eight-point night in Tampa.

They are leaving for NE after morning practice tomorrow instead of Friday due to the incoming bad weather.

4 hours ago, TJJackson said:

This is 2.0

The first act when the old bengals died - Chris Crocker induces a 20 IQ point reducing flood of CTE into Santonio Holmes’ brain with a Mack Truck hit, then stares down the Steelers sideline.  

Up to that point, we’d endured like ten years of bullying.  I think it was 2009.  I salute you Chris Crocker!

44 minutes ago, COB said:

This is 2.0

The first act when the old bengals died - Chris Crocker induces a 20 IQ point reducing flood of CTE into Santonio Holmes’ brain with a Mack Truck hit, then stares down the Steelers sideline.  

Up to that point, we’d endured like ten years of bullying.  I think it was 2009.  I salute you Chris Crocker!

That’s one of my favorite Bengals moments of all time. Tide turning for sure.

The Pro Bowl remains junk. For a long while the only reason to care was that Pro Bowls often impacted Hall of Fame chances (and hurt greats like Ken Riley). I think that’s changing though, as pretty much everyone has come to understand that the whole thing is worthless. So whatever.

If I had to name some snubs though: Reader, Higgins, Pratt, Cappa, and Hubbard