Week 15: Bengals @ Buccaneers

HoosierCat

Just want to publicly thank the Bengals for making Blue Steel look like a moron in the second half.  Two picks and two fumbles lost.  Brady basically was our best player on defense.  

Dude should have retired.  Wait, let’s rethink that. He signed a ten year 375 million dollar deal with Fox.  So as soon as he retires he’ll be on their national studio show every Sunday.  Ok Brady, please just play forever.  

Who at Fox made that decision?  Brady is one of the dullest people I’ve ever heard.  He has basically nothing to say except some image- building bulllshit that’s probably been focus grouped and market researched to death.  Can’t wait to hear him spew forth some penetrating glimpse into the obvious, something like, “that’s too many penalties,” or “he should have caught that, or “that pass was high, Johnson couldn’t reach it.”  Fox gonna get their 375 million worth!

I'm willing to see if him being a talking head plays out.
He obviously has an incredible amount of knowledge concerning the game (duh) and could share his thoughts in a way he never has.
I think that would be interesting, but the question is, will he?

I know most people simply place all the blame on Brady and how much he's lost it and should have retired, but there has been more to it this season.
New coach, new o-line members, no Gronk and a plethora of player injuries.
I say this not in defense of him, just simply acknowledging.

That being said, I watched the locker room speak and kept thinking to myself...
Are all visitor locker rooms basically a broom closet, with a leaky roof where some benches were thrown?

Additionally, let me add something else I've noticed this season.
Maybe I just never paid attention, but I recall Burrow getting attention about the crap he wears walking into a stadium and now it's everywhere.
You can't check out ESPN without some write up and gallery of photos of players arriving and discussing their clothes.

While at 52, I am hardly what you would call a fashion guru, unless Under Armour joggers and pull over fleece is the rage.
I mean, if I'm traveling, I am suited up, but that's maybe once a month and it's nothing close to Armani-ish...

That being said, what is it about young guys and having all this money that makes them clown hard?
I mean seriously... WTF are these guys wearing?  Makes me no difference, but was just curious. 
Stay clownish on my friends !!!

57 minutes ago, membengal said:

You have no fashion sense. I promise you..*

*Neither do I - and we are the same age. This is one of those things you just have to accept is not for you or me to understand. 

Nope, none at all.  My 16 year old reminds me nearly every day.
My suits are the closest thing I have to "looking the part", but that's really not me.  I just faked it until I fit in and now have to keep it up.
I'm a t-shirt, shorts and running shoes (if any) kind of guy.

Here's something that, despite the Bengals winning, really pisses me off.

Why is it, that when a team gets beat by the Bengals, it's always the other team shooting themselves in the foot?
Why isn't it that the Bengals are making great fucking plays?

Reader forced that fumble.  Flowers and Pratt made plays to get those interceptions.  (The Brady handoff fumble was his fault though)
My point is, people under estimate and give zero credit to the team playing the ball they do.
The coach calling it, "The Bucs vs. the Bucs", Brady calling it like a win falling out of the sky to the Bengals.

What the fuck ever.  The Bucs were handling business in the first half.
THE BENGALS beat their ass like a fucking drum in the second half.

There was also the assist from Gio. But yeah they had like five TOS and three were forced. Pratt’s pick was especially noteworthy IMO. (And speaking of INTs they should have had two in the first half but our DBs have hands of stone.)

Bucs might have leant a hand but the Bengals firmly won this game.

2 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

There was also the assist from Gio. But yeah they had like five TOS and three were forced. Pratt’s pick was especially noteworthy IMO. (And speaking of INTs they should have had two in the first half but our DBs have hands of stone.)

Bucs might have leant a hand but the Bengals firmly won this game.

the assist wasn't on Gio - it was that call in the first place IMO.  Terrible call by the Tampa coaches in any event. 

Again, that's the pick Brady thinks just fell into Pratt's hands like it was a gift and nothing played into it.
EXCEPT... when looking at it again, you see the Bengals putting mad pressure on Brady.
Reader flushes him from the pocket and Ossai hits him as he releases the pass that floats forever.
Pratt makes a move for the ball, falls, but doesn't give up, still making the play on the ball.

YEAH, the Bucs really gave that one to us.  Hilarious the stupid narrative people spew.

• Like 1

That was a fun video to watch.  Volson pretty much loosened that dude’s filling.  

And Carman.  Yes, a complete bust.  If he has any sand whatsoever he’s watching the Bengals and being inspired by it.  Lifting, working, fitness (juicing), and just generally preparing to give his very best at his next stop.  If he’s not doing all that, he’ll be shopping for a pair of double XL gutter clean out gloves.  Borrowing money off his dad to buy a backpack blower and a rake.

Yeah, I doubt we get any compensation when Carman goes away

But who knows.  He's signed for two more years, the signing bonus is already paid, and his salary is a mere 1.3M in 2023.  If he were to have a cathartic moment and decide to really be the player he can be.......

.......yeah, I dont think so either

He needs a complete change of heart at minimum and almost assuredly a complete change of team to have a chance to do something in the NFL. 

A shame, because we saw moments of his enormous potential

all this aside from his rape allegations of course

Let’s all remember this next year when we are over-reacting to picks. This staff and Tobin deserves a little latitude. Not every one will work, but I would bet that there is good reasoning behind each pick now.