Week 15: Bengals @ Buccaneers

HoosierCat

1 hour ago, volcom69 said:

Yea injuries now took a toll after today, there sack totals suck, they do get pressure, but mostly from Hendrickson. With Boyd going to miss time I’m sure and who knows with Higgins, things just got very difficult. 

Same shit for most teams this time of year. Ravens were playing QB3 and still won. Bengals just beat a division foe they hadn’t beaten in three years with NO Higgins and NO Boyd and NO Hurst. This is how good teams play in December because they have to. Next man up!

Jesus guys… we are 9-4.

They have managed with the next guy up more than one week this season and maybe T-Rex going down allows a guy like Ossai to get his shot with more reps.

There’s just as much reason to be optimistic as there is to be pessimistic. Will it be a challenge? For sure, but you can’t simply pack up for the season and call it quits because one player goes down.

• Thanks 1

It’s also probably worth noting that while the NFL is a series of 17 one-week seasons and past performance is no guarantee of future success…the Bengals head to Tampa the winner of five straight and the Bucs just got destroyed by someone named “Brock Purdy” 35-7.

Even banged up as they are, I think they make it a clean sweep of the AFC South next Sunday.

28 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

I think they said Boyd 2 weeks

Yah, 1-2 weeks. Given that the next two opponents are Bucs and and Pats, then Bills and Ravens, well, if he had to miss 2 games the former would be the two to miss.

It sounds like Higgins wanted to go but got vetoed by the coaches after his first play. That suggests he’s close, though you have to wonder if they keep him sidelined so he’s healthy for the last two games , too.

Even with Boyd and T-Rex out, I think they get the "W" this coming Sunday.
I think they have the depth to handle it against the Bucs.  Maybe the Pats as well.
Things start to get dicey with the Bills and Ravens to end out the season.

Heal up soon boys, you are going to be needed !!!

Who's going to the last games of the season ??
I know my son and I will be at the Bills Monday night game and we are tentative on the Ravens game at this point.
Hoping to be there for that one as well.

I'll be there for the Bills and Ravens.

I think the Hendrickson loss is significant, and that with an already anemic pass rush there could be trouble against Tom Brady and Josh Allen in particular. But it's a good opportunity for Joseph Ossai to earn his keep, and also for Cam Sample and Jeffrey Gunter to show that they are a relevant part of the process.

Yeah, to not be concerned about the loss of T-Rex would be minimalizing for sure, but think it's less concerning for the next two weeks vs the last two weeks.
Really hoping to see guys like Ossai and the rest of them fill in the gaps.  However, Josh Allen and possibly Lamar Jackson present some real issues in that regard.

Not sure how much we see of Ossai. He got hurt yesterday, spent some time in the blue tent and came out with a harness on his left shoulder per Dave & Lap. Was doing range of motion exercises on the sideline after that, don’t know if he got back in the game.

Well shit.  That leaves Gunter and Sample as the next two on deck.
I'm much less enthusiastic with them as opposed to Ossai, but it's going to be what it's going to be.

On a side note to the usual suspects, I can't help but wonder if the team has gotten practice reps at DE for Zach Carter?
He was always thought to be position diverse, being able to play both the DT and DE spots.
The Bengals have a history of playing d-line players at different spots as well.

Maybe this has been discussed and my old ass simply doesn't remember.
Anyway, there's always more than one way to skin a cat.