Chrisman and Adomitis

gregcook68

35 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

Well, you are guessing that he is protected.  we dont actually know that

so I wont sleep well til he is elevated for the third time (which should be this weekend), which according to what I have read means he has to be signed to the 53.

I have to wonder who they let go, since they seem reluctant to part with Huber.  I mean, ok, I get it, Huber has been a great Bengal with no doubt whatsoever, but its time.  Everyone goes at some point.  Even New Guy will go someday.  Sorry Mem.   Anyway, if they keep Huber, my best guess is one of the two every-week-healthy scratch OLs (Carman and D'Ante) or Bachie.  I'd prefer, in order, Huber then Carman then Smith then Bachie as a distant 4th as I see him as a contributor

one other thing - it may seem ridiculous but since someone said they cant sign Huber to the PS - actually, with the new PS rules, they can.  Maybe he does that to remain a part of a team that he feels can win the AFC again, for a second chance at a ring.

If MB has the last word TJ, I'm betting (figuratively) that Chrisman either stays down on PS for the next 6+ games, OR they carry 2 punters on the 53 for the next 6+ games!

Hoping I'm wrong, but, in my opinion, the only reason the Bengals are doing as well as they are is because MB has given his daughter more 'chain' than he EVER has!

MB has been a terrible owner and with a small football mind.

His daughter has proven herself with more football moxie than her papa ever had!

The cheap option would have been to not sign Harris and Huber (both FAs after last season) and go with Adomitis and Chrisman (cheap rookies). Keeping Huber right now is actually costing MB $$$. Times they are a changin, etc.

They can’t call Chrisman up anymore without sending him through waivers after this weekend. That’s why he will be signed got the 53 and all this agita will be over next week latest. Do they keep Huber? I doubt it but as has been pointed out its not like Carmen’s roster spot is any use at this point…

18 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

The cheap option would have been to not sign Harris and Huber (both FAs after last season) and go with Adomitis and Chrisman (cheap rookies). Keeping Huber right now is actually costing MB $$$. Times they are a changin, etc.

They can’t call Chrisman up anymore without sending him through waivers after this weekend. That’s why he will be signed got the 53 and all this agita will be over next week latest. Do they keep Huber? I doubt it but as has been pointed out its not like Carmen’s roster spot is any use at this point…

Let's get back to the loyalty issue which is what I was referring to with MB.

He wants to be loyal to Huber which is why I don't see him releasing him until the season is over, either keeping 2 punters or keeping Chrisman down for the remainder, regardless of the cost.

For all the rest of the 31 teams this is a business not a family fest.

I don't like the fact that pro sports have gone from players having to get jobs in the off season to make ends meet, to becoming overpaid prima donna millionaires, but it is what it is.

• Like 1

Chrisman can work at the Heath Arby’s if he can explain:

1. How the loaded Italian sub is still on the Arby’s website ON THE MENU.

2. How a pot smoking teenager working the drive through has the gall to mock me for ordering the loaded Italian, when even though they haven’t had it for a year, it is still on the online menu!

Here’s how Chrisman can further his life:

Me: (at the Arby’s drive through) - “I’d like a loaded Italian sub and a large sprite.”

Chrisman: (voice NOT dripping with disdain) “Gosh, I’m sorry sir, we don’t have that item any more.  Totally understandable that you’d order that though since it’s still on the Arby’s website.  If it’s any consolation, I murdered the pot smoking teenager who was known to insult customers who ordered discontinued items, kicked him to death with my cannon of a leg.  I expect to be re-signed by the Bengals any day now, but until I am I’ll continue to employ my leg cannon to seek vengeance on every insolent Licking County teenager who insults old people who don’t keep an updated version of Arby’s ever-changing menu in their head.  Great news!  I’m giving you a free double roast beef sandwich just on general principle.”

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, gregcook68 said:

Worry?  Not hardly.  They're going to do what they're going to do from A to Z but we still have expert opinion analysis on all the rest.

What's the difference with this subject?

No difference. You're free to express any concerns you like.

I couldn’t figure what I wanted to eat a couple days back and went to Arby’s. I just ordered random shit that caught my eye and ended up with:

Jalapeño Poppers
Mozzarella Sticks
Curly Fries
Cherry Turnover
Pepsi

The kid read my order back to me and I literally couldn’t understand anything they said. I said again what I wanted and he responded with “Bet”. Thank God my son was in the car and let me know that was a good thing.

I was about to tell them I wanted to put $20 on the kid if he fought the girl working fries. Confusing times !!

Speaking of Arby's, I was reminded just yesterday of a long-forgotten roast beef entity once known as Rax. The mere concept of "Rax" sent me spiraling into a nostalgic tailspin to a time when I was a pubeless snot bubble of a boy, when nothing mattered in the world and the Bengals were 3-13 in consecutive seasons.

I have never eaten at Rax.

9 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

I will say that it makes me happy knowing he's still here.  There is continuity and team familiarization you can't just bring in off the street should an injury happen.
Here's to hoping they get him a ring before he calls it quits.

• Thanks 1

On 11/30/2022 at 7:24 PM, Stripes said:

Speaking of Arby's, I was reminded just yesterday of a long-forgotten roast beef entity once known as Rax. The mere concept of "Rax" sent me spiraling into a nostalgic tailspin to a time when I was a pubeless snot bubble of a boy, when nothing mattered in the world and the Bengals were 3-13 in consecutive seasons.

I have never eaten at Rax.

If you still have Rax in your brain, move some cobwebs aside and try to recall Jax.  They were exactly like Rax but with a different (similar) name.  Jax was before Rax, they sold themselves and became Rax.  But not all of them, because I remember some Jax that were going strong while Rax was in existence.

When I was a kid there was this old lady on the radio before school.  Her show was called “I Remember, I Remember.”  She would read her writings for about ten minutes every morning.  This was in the 60s, and she had to be like 90.  She’d go, “Father would pick some pussy willow branches for the table while momma churned butter,” shit like that.  I bring that old lady up because I’m turning into her.

• Like 3