2023 Draft Talking Points

10 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

The arm length is interesting as some tackle prospects might not make the cut.    One caveat I would mention is sometimes the stated metric doesn't exactly jive with what the Bengals could have.

On the low end I think we can probably safely cross off players who are not at least at the historical minimums - mentally anyway. 

Regarding Dalton Kincaid, if his back issues are going to be resolved, he’s still the most productive pass catching TE you will find in this class. He should certainly be in the discussion unless he’s broke for good.

I recall wanting Gronkowski when he came out of college but most were down in him due to spinal stenosis. Thank God we passed on that guy.

Im drawing parallels between the two in that regard, just the medicals.

Pre-Combine mock from Mel. His pick at 28:

Luke Musgrave, TE, Oregon State

As I mentioned in January, the Bengals got 556 receiving yards from their tight ends this season, which ranked 29th in the league. Most of that came from Hayden Hurst, who is a free agent. If they want to get quarterback Joe Burrow some more help, the 6-foot-6 Musgrave makes sense. A knee injury ended his 2022 season after two games, but he was emerging as a star. Though he had just 47 career catches for the Beavers, his potential is immense. He's also expected to test extremely well at the combine. Like Kincaid, Musgrave is still battling to be the No. 1 tight end off the board.

Huh-huh. Mel said beavers. Huh-huh. Huh-huh.

Note that Mayer and Kincaid are both gone by 28 and Darnell Washington goes with the next pick, so Mel has four TEs going in the first, which seems unlikely.

In this mock, Pitt takes Joey Jr., and Baltimore gets Zay Flowers.

You know, I use to put thought into what the other teams from the north do in the draft, but the recent success of the Bengals has really changed that perspective to a great degree.  Regardless of who they get to improve their roster, they still have to find a way to beat us and this team has proven it has the ability to game plan and make adjustments during the game.  In other words... FUCK YOU AFC NORTH !!

YOU HAVE TO PLAY US !!!

Yes, I'm getting amped already for the 2023 season.

Well, that’s not ideal…

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35760585/warrants-arrest-jalen-carter-ex-georgia-star-nfl-draft-prospect

Police have secured arrest warrants for former Georgia star Jalen Carter stemming from the top NFL draft prospect's alleged involvement in a fatal crash involving a teammate.

The Athens-Clarke County Police Department announced Wednesday that Carter will be arrested for reckless driving and racing. The announcement came hours after The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported that Carter was present at the scene of the Jan. 15 crash and later provided shifting accounts of the wreck to police.

Devin Willock, an offensive lineman for the Bulldogs, and recruiting staff member Chandler LeCroy were killed police initally reported as a single-vehicle accident.

Details of the investigation, released Wednesday, cited evidence that Carter and LeCroy were "operating their vehicles in a manner consistent with racing" shortly before the fatal crash.

Carter is the No. 1 overall prospect in this year's draft, according to ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. He is not participating in the workout portion of this week's NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis but will conduct interviews with teams, undergo a physical and is scheduled to address reporters Wednesday.