Official 2022-2023 Roster

Wraith

59 minutes ago, Stripes said:

The Scharping pickup is interesting. I kinda think OJ Howard projects as a blocker, and that's fine. I'm not sure he'll see the field that much.

OJ is a pass catcher for real.  I think people forget how good he was at Alabama.
A tight end catching 40-45 balls a season on those stacked offenses is no small feat.

While I don't see him getting the lion's share of TE snaps, I would love to see some double TE sets with both him and Hurst.  I'm telling you, that just makes the offense that much more challenging to cover.

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

OJ is a pass catcher for real.  I think people forget how good he was at Alabama.
A tight end catching 40-45 balls a season on those stacked offenses is no small feat.

While I don't see him getting the lion's share of TE snaps, I would love to see some double TE sets with both him and Hurst.  I'm telling you, that just makes the offense that much more challenging to cover.

I think he's lost some of that with injuries, but I'll take anything he can give. Matching Sample shouldn't be too tough.

There is a Texans board I frequent and they have been calling for him to get cut for months.
They felt he has regressed since being drafted and thought he was on the outs there.
I'm not suggesting he's all pro and they are wrong, but he grades out as "average" at worst.
Considering how much of a crap heap the Texans o-line has been, it makes it hard to say.

Again, thinking about how much I dislike our depth, I will take average and dependable from that spot all day long and especially on Sundays.  Maybe he just didn't fit what they were doing there or didn't mesh well with the other guys.  Who knows?

I'm simply glad to have him because I think our backups suck major ass.

• 3 weeks later...