Fake Game #2: Bengals @ Giants

HoosierCat

Charlie thinks Carman will start come opening day. He’s probably right but I can’t imagine his leash being very long. I’m pulling for Volson but we’ve seen plenty of guys look good in August then get rolled once the real thing starts. That’s not to say I think he will ultimately flop, just that he’s likely at the start of a very steep learning curve.

Watched the Steelers vs Jags preseason game last night.  Steelers D looked good.  I don’t want to inject too much hype, but the Steelers o-line looked absolutely horrible. Jags were going vanilla 4 man front and just pushing the Steelers o-line back, getting to the a very very quickly.  About as bad an o-line as I have seen.

Eh, this is dumb.    The TC reports (via Radio) were that the last contact practice starting O-line got whooped.   My guess was that was Thursday.   So of course their biggest watch issue was the line.   That was the theme from 2 different shows on local channels. 

So Volson practices with the 1s?   Yet will play with none of them tonight.   But somehow his performance along with backs ups is some kinda indicator of how the starting line will perform in regular season?   Just fucking stupid. 

I'm telling you Volson or Carman they'll be fine at LG.   As long as La'El is what he is supposed to be.    They start throwing Prince or Adeniji out on the edges then will give them a critical failure point to coach around.

I think the swing tackle spot is more interesting vs. LG.  

1 hour ago, membengal said:

Most national talking heads seem to speak from a standpoint that the Bengals offense was actually top 5 in 2021.    They weren't.    They had big plays that carried the day on highlight shows.   Very inconsistent in 2nd/3rd and reasonable.   Very inconsistent red zone.    First half the of the year they were negative turnover ratio.

These things got better (not great)  in the 2nd half of the year as you would expect any young group of players would do.

2 hours ago, COB said:

Watched the Steelers vs Jags preseason game last night.  Steelers D looked good.  I don’t want to inject too much hype, but the Steelers o-line looked absolutely horrible. Jags were going vanilla 4 man front and just pushing the Steelers o-line back, getting to the a very very quickly.  About as bad an o-line as I have seen.

Steelers seemed to play a lot of key guys up til half.     The Steelers O-line has been a worry from their fans on their boards. 

My concern will be what the Steelers did last year on opening week vs. Buffalo.    Tomlin knows he doesn't have a great team but IF he could steal a win maybe get momentum on his side. 

I hope the Bengals are prepared to not let them go off.    Steelers have a loaded WR room.   Pickens is going to be a pain in the ass for years, I'm afraid. 

Ossai and Dax Hill both making good plays, looking good.  Ossai pressures on 3rd, throw comes out and Hill makes great tackle to force 4th.  Ossai beats his guy on 4th and makes the tackle.  Bengals defense gets the ball at mid field!