Training Camp Thread 2022

membengal

TJ, don't be mad because you are still a "NOOB"...

I only looked because of your post.  They are beyond silly.
However, that speaks to what motivates people these days.  Not really those in my age range though.
How many likes, hits, retweets, friends I've never met, or whatever.  Just get rid of it.

My sister in law talks about having 100's of Facebook (or whatever the hell it's called) friends.
Thing is, she sits in her apartment all day and has zero life.  Lot of good all those "friends" are doing.

Mini rant over....

20 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

TJ, don't be mad because you are still a "NOOB"...

I only looked because of your post.  They are beyond silly.
However, that speaks to what motivates people these days.  Not really those in my age range though.
How many likes, hits, retweets, friends I've never met, or whatever.  Just get rid of it.

My sister in law talks about having 100's of Facebook (or whatever the hell it's called) friends.
Thing is, she sits in her apartment all day and has zero life.  Lot of good all those "friends" are doing.

Mini rant over....

Smaller rant - social media provides some good content but mostly it is a sad existence. 

I hesitate to pass along conversation that can be seen as negative during this Woodstock of Bengals training camp, but there are "unnamed" sources diving deeper into Burrow's lack of practice.    Noting things like having an IV etc. after surgery leading to opinions of it being a more complex procedure to possible infection. 

Either way,  I trust Burrow will be ready, but I'd still like to see some practice reps for the starting QB and I would like to have a new o-line have reps together and get a bit of more hitting in what has been describe down at TC so far.

Just for discussion.   Again, they get past the Steelers week 1 it all becomes moot.   I really really would love to see Burrow hit the practice field soon.     Never really liked the scheduling of division opponent week 1.   At least they'll have all 5 starting linemen on the practice field.     It will be interesting to see who they start along OL and how many snaps they get in preseason game 1.

For  conversation sake:   Volson was a media/fan boi darling.   He has basically dropped from existence these 2 weeks.     I guess, people hopped off the band wagon quickly.   I have no idea if he is doing good, bad or if he's alive.    I recall one peep about a day he struggled.  Kind a worry about this because the reality is to extend the Joe Burrow window beyond these 2/3 seasons they will need to hit on middle/low picks in mass.   So?  What gives?  I hate to see this guy get the Adenji, Carman, or any young OL treatment that seem to float around.   "They suck, move on, go spend $10m in cap to replace. "   Jackson Carman seems to have a lock on the LG spot.   There have been reports that it wasn't much a competition.

So does Carman get the proven starter treatment and get to skip entirely preseason game 1? This would lead me to believe that the above notion is true.      Does the starting O-line play in full?    Does it need to?  I say yes.     

I would get worried if they start the O-line but then leave any named starter out there for reps after the rest have been pulled.  To me, that seems suggest things aren't on lock.

Despite my feelings towards Carman's off field garbage, I've long thought he should be placed at LG from day one and figured he would do better there.  Him doing exactly that isn't very surprising to me in the least.  I like Volson and was hoping he would be there to push for time for no other reason than competition is a good thing.  I think the o-line is set however.

Williams - Carman - Karras - Cappa - Collins

Boy that is fun to look at those names and what that means to Burrow, the WR corps and Mixon.
Praying to the football gods to keep all healthy !!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, COB said:

Off topic : strange, but I’m a huge fan of Anne Heche, very sad to see her go.

Abused as a child, mental health struggles, dies at just 53, it’s tragic. I’m glad she found some success and happiness along the way. RIP.