Training Camp Thread 2022

membengal

5 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

It's interesting that the angle seems to be that "oh these guys won't get better."  Chase might be the best WR I've ever seen in my 50+ years, and he was a rookie.   

Exactly. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, membengal said:

So great to see this.  We all wanted a good free agent center, the FO actually went out and got one.  And now he’s showing what he’s made of.  It’ll be so great to have a good center on our line.  I’m tingling all over.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, COB said:

So great to see this.  We all wanted a good free agent center, the FO actually went out and got one.  And now he’s showing what he’s made of.  It’ll be so great to have a good center on our line.  I’m tingling all over.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ted-karras-bright-spot-bengals-133640759.html

20 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

It's interesting that the angle seems to be that "oh these guys won't get better."  Chase might be the best WR I've ever seen in my 50+ years, and he was a rookie.   

I think that’s the mistake analysts are making.   True they were good last year but that offense has room to improve. 

Then some dude on the radio was talking about a top 10 D.    If that happens then holy shit. 

The only thing this team needed was an improvement in the quality of o-linemen.
They addressed that hard and heavy this offseason and I truly think it's "game on" !!!

Adding to that on the offensive side and as much as I respect CJ for what he did with last year's team, I believe Hayden Hurst is an upgrade that will quickly become a very friendly outlet to Burrow, eclipsing the season CJ had last year.

Then there's just the continued improvement and understanding of the game from the young players.
I can't f*cking wait to see these guys take the field come week 1. 

Nothing less than a monster season !!!

• Like 3

Summary of what sounded like some good news today at camp:

---Eli Apple and Tee Higgins were cleared to 7 on 7 and some team drills per one tweet I saw altho Dehner says not yet on 7 on 7s for Tee. . Tee really close (he's said he's ready the team has slow walked him as is their M.O.) - and Apple was out some from last week

---D'ante Smith was seen working on rehab field so whatever his issue was from Friday wasn't too bad

---Burrow clearly looked like he was feeling much better. He sent the cart away and was seen walking very normally during practice.

---It was an accidental alumni day - Pac, Chad, and Mike Zimmer all in attendance. Some great pics floating on the twitters