Training Camp Thread 2022

membengal

Not great news really.  La’el Collins has been getting whooped by Leonard Floyd in these two practices and got tired of the smack talk.   A couple fights happened.   This according to the radio reports.  

If you can’t block them fight them, I guess.    This O-line seems like they’ve spent a good portion of this preseason getting whooped.    Hope that isn’t a precursor to what happens in regular season. 

I'm not going to be thrilled about a fight. If nobody is injured (or even suspended), then I won't care much either. It'll be bad optics in the national media that the two Super Bowl participants thought it was a good idea to do a joint practice, but they'll likely gloss over a key instigator having not played in that game (Collins).

3 hours ago, membengal said:

I   100% don't give a shit. Seriously. He's practicing and he's doing what no one on this line did last year - which was show that he gave a fuck.  

He gettin his ass whooped.  I’m pretty sure Prince got his ass whooped by the Rams too. 

Was Prince supposed to put a Super Bowl championship at risk by ripping off helmets? 

3 hours ago, membengal said:

And if "radio reports" means Tony Pike, I 100% dismiss that too. He sucks. Hard. 

Lol.  He had a front row seat. 

Also one the local 19 guys had something similar on his podcast.   Collins got his ass whooped and quite frankly who would expect him to dominate live action being his first real practice?  I guess Pollack and ZT.  

They get pushed around by Pitt and there should be questions about this camp.  Opposite happens, then all the credit in the world.  

As it stands the only time the line has looked competent is 2nd halves of preseason games. 

5 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

I will be happy when week 1 gets here and all the preseason chatter dies off.

Not directed at anyone. Just saying.
Give me all the o-line starters and Burrow and lets roll.

Me too.    Its time to see them for real and hopefully another double digit point win over the Steelers. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2022 at 1:30 PM, AMPHAR said:

blah, blah, blah.    There is this thing called the internet and  "I heart radio".    The topic just came up again about the softness of camp.   Most agree with Zac that the greater good of injury and freshness is the right course.   But it is almost a daily conversation from whatever NFL guest they have on.  

Which is fine,  I don't ever really recall saying it was wrong.  But whatever, next time I'll take notes for the source challenged members of this board when I dare bring up 1 concern I have about this camp, lol.

Here I thought this thread was for Training Camp discussion.   Silly me.     

However,  IF an opening week loss occurs you might as well mark down camp as one of the talking points until they move on to the Cowboys. 

NFL version of Emperor's New Clothes.     Anyone who watched or listened knew it was a soft camp.    But that's "great".   

No,  it sucks.    Dropped a winnable game against a division rival.     If they are going to have preseason game it might be worth having 4 new OL starters get a least a few reps considering they weren't really hitting in practice. 

Pollack and ZT just a horrible job.   At least they could bench Volson and be the whipping boy.  Just fucking disgusting.