Round 4 (136): Cordell Volson, OT, ND State

HoosierCat

6 minutes ago, Stripes said:

I think Quinton Spain might finally get his call after the draft. Volson might be solid, who knows, but I don't think a late fourth round pick signifies that the draft went in the Bengals' favor on the offensive line.

Yeah. I think they were hoping that someone like Tyler Smith would slip. They could plug him in at LG and look to move him to LT next year. But it didn’t happen so they turned around and picked up Jonah’s option.

You also saw guys like Zion Johnson and Cole Strange go higher than projected, which suggests teams were less impressed with the class than evaluators.

Paul Dehner Jr.
@pauldehnerjr
 · 53m
OC Brian Callahan: Volson has good measureables, versatile. Excited about the person and his makeup. 

Intangibles were a factor according to Callahan and Frank Pollack. 

Pollack also says he’s tough, physical and a finisher. Productive as a puller. 

Will compete at guard.

Understand Both sides of the argument.  With men and women accusations like this I always worry about the guy who is wrongly accused.  I have a a daughter and you can guarantee she is not going to be in some guys room alone when she is 15.  Where is the parenting on this…. I remember what I was doing alone with girls in rooms when I was a teen… no way , I know all the tricks.  There won’t be any victims in My house.  And my daughter isn’t going to be leading any guys on either. That’s wrong and part of the problem…. Now how do I make all this happen in reality lol 

This is for everyone and especially TJ - see this thread from Goodberry on a game where he was at RG. I feel a LOT better about this pick:

https://twitter.com/joegoodberry/status/1520644654957744129?s=21&t=0hbkhAMcn8fMzmV2bd0Ozw

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Stripes said:

We'll probably never know if he was guilty, because the justice system is never going to resolve that adequately. I hope they cut him.

Yeah just assume guilt that’s the best way to handle things

Also reading about this on another board it was suggested that this was addressed last year….I don’t remember but if true it’s unlikely to cause a roster move.

Should we cut Chase too?  There was an unsavory report about him about a year ago too?  

I doubt you’ll see a Spain signing.   Unless injuries occur.    His best place to actually make a roster isn’t here anymore. 

With this pick they already have a cut or two to make.    It really depends on versatility of who can play multiple spots. The 9th or 10th lineman is likely to be G/T player.    

My guess is Prince is gone and one of the guard candidates fills in as 4th tackle. 

3 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Yeah just assume guilt that’s the best way to handle things

Also reading about this on another board it was suggested that this was addressed last year….I don’t remember but if true it’s unlikely to cause a roster move.

Should we cut Chase too?  There was an unsavory report about him about a year ago too?  

Snark all you like, but until you provide a satisfactory alternative I don’t give a crap. The Chase story wasn’t remotely as credible as this one. Given that it’s almost impossible to verify guilt at this point, we are left to make our own judgments with the available information. The Bengals probably won’t cut Carman, but I want them to do it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, membengal said:

This is for everyone and especially TJ - see this thread from Goodberry on a game where he was at RG. I feel a LOT better about this pick:

https://twitter.com/joegoodberry/status/1520644654957744129?s=21&t=0hbkhAMcn8fMzmV2bd0Ozw

too bad that what we need is a LEFT guard then, eh?

Spain cant be re-signed soon enough

they've been doing well with drafting and FA for a few years now, but all good things must come to an end, and it certainly did with this draft. 

JUST GAWDAWFUL

34 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

too bad that what we need is a LEFT guard then, eh?

Spain cant be re-signed soon enough

they've been doing well with drafting and FA for a few years now, but all good things must come to an end, and it certainly did with this draft. 

JUST GAWDAWFUL

you know he can learn LG, right? Even had reps at LG at NDSU?

17 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

yep, just like Carman or Adeniji could learn ORG, yep yep

yep, like 2 dozen of them, yep yep

you know HE"S ALREADY HAD REPS AT LG AT NDSU AND PLAYED RG THERE? RIGHT? RIGHT?

YOU UNDERSTAND THAT OTHERS PLAYERS CAN MAKE THAT SWITCH AND JUST BECAUSE CARMAN HASNT YET DOESNT MEAN NO ONE ELSE CAN?

FOF FUCKSSAKE GROW THE FUCK UP

• Like 2